We want mac client!

Good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privies
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not like that. Windows wasn't created for games too, but people just used to do that. Situation for mac is the same, it's not gaming pc, but you can play games there, of course if you port them.
Like WOW, it's working very good, I have 60 FPS on high graphics!

You guys thinking from the side, that Macs doesn't take lots of audience, that's true, but. For develepers it's better when you have more audience, then less. You can get more money or more pleasure when you have lot's of players on you server. AlexSwezVotra, explained very good, that audience can degree, because of this.
No, the only OS i can remember that was created for gaming was the one on the C64, and I guess SteamOS now. But, it has nothing to do with the fact of what windows was created for, rather that the games are created for windows. I don't know much about macs, but as far as I know they use the same components as pcs now?

Couldn't you just dual boot into windows and play that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
No, the only OS i can remember that was created for gaming was the one on the C64, and I guess SteamOS now. But, it has nothing to do with the fact of what windows was created for, rather that the games are created for windows. I don't know much about macs, but as far as I know they use the same components as pcs now?

Couldn't you just dual boot into windows and play that way?
I can do that, but it takes too much ram when I start something on windows, so it's even worth to play with dual boot.

Still want it! UP!

Mac. Games. Pick one. I truly don't think time should be wasted on that 1% of users that own a Mac. Besides, the memory addresses are probably completely different.

^ Mac has plenty of games, even old games are still being ported (officially) to Mac to-date. Check the steam store you'll find hundreds.

--

I have a MPB, honestly I'd just install Bootcamp and put windows on it, I use cross-over but like you say its not great. With bootcamp you can switch to windows in a matter of seconds so it's not too much hassle.

A friend of mine was a dedicated player of SA:MP until his windows computer like died. Now he uses his Macbook and would love to play SA:MP again. By myself I have been looking for a SA:MP client for mac for a long time but well then I realized there is none.

Anyways a client for Mac would be neat. I totally support the idea.

Update

i play on a macbook(i regret) and use crossover to play it.

Almost 3 month from the last UP

You can already use Wine, lots of people use SA-MP with a Mac.

Stop. It's just not going to happen. Live with it. Why isn't this locked yet?

GTA-SA is a PC game. You are essentially running an emulator, a Windows emulator, to get SA to run at all. So a new client would have to be coded not for your Apple OS, but for Wine (or similar).

If GTA-SA had had a Mac-compatible release then I'm pretty sure there would already be a Mac SA-MP client. But it didn't.

I don't understand why someone would even ask of this being that the game isn't for Mac anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
You can already use Wine, lots of people use SA-MP with a Mac.
Read privious comments please. Using Wine or a different program I'm not getting the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Stop. It's just not going to happen. Live with it. Why isn't this locked yet?
I'm willing to have it, without support and update this thread is useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
GTA-SA is a PC game. You are essentially running an emulator, a Windows emulator, to get SA to run at all. So a new client would have to be coded not for your Apple OS, but for Wine (or similar).

If GTA-SA had had a Mac-compatible release then I'm pretty sure there would already be a Mac SA-MP client. But it didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't understand why someone would even ask of this being that the game isn't for Mac anyway.
Well, I see you guys don't know.
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/gran...24725622?mt=12

Plus if you would buy GTA SA in steam you will get Windows and Mac(not sure about linux).

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Read privious comments please. Using Wine or a different program I'm not getting the same thing.

I'm willing to have it, without support and update this thread is useless

Well, I see you guys don't know.
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/gran...24725622?mt=12

Plus if you would buy GTA SA in steam you will get Windows and Mac(not sure about linux).
I didn't know it was for Mac. All of the previous points are very valid, though, it's not worth the effort for just how few would play it on Mac. Pretty sure it would take a LOT of work to make a Mac client being that all of the memory addresses are going to be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
I didn't know it was for Mac. All of the previous points are very valid, though, it's not worth the effort for just how few would play it on Mac. Pretty sure it would take a LOT of work to make a Mac client being that all of the memory addresses are going to be different.
That is a problem, MacOS don't have a client, why would people play game which doesn't support their OS?
Mac client would open gates to a new players or to old that played at least once on windows/wine

Up

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Up
SAMP icons are located in sampaux3.ttf file. Try to install it as font.
приффк с лайткода