We want mac client!

Hello,

I'm owner of a MacBook Pro 2010 mid. and often I'm playing SA-MP when I'm not at home. To play it I use CrossOver, but actually it's not working correctly. I can't see the AFK icon, icons of the weapons(in the right side) and on some servers I have lot's of crashes(don't have them on the other computer, which has windows).

Basically what I'm asking is to create at least a client for Mac!
I guess, that the procreant of the mac players in SA-MP is around 0.1 - 0.5. If SA-MP would have a client for mac, old players would be happy to have "not laggy SA-MP" on their computers, and new players will come too, because there are not much games on mac, especially that are free and with a multiplayer.

I would be happy to hear your opinion on mac client/server.

ps: I know it has been discussed a lot, but time is moving, want to hear what do you think now

upd: Forgot to say, if you(Kalcor) don't have a mac and don't know anyone who has it, I completely agree to be a tester in that case and help SA-MP community

Why not?, I know it might take some time but they should have a client aswell (Mac users) So they can enjoy SA-MP like Windows users.

Interesting yeah this is good suggestion but i know its hard work :/! Keep it up.

I thought they already have one, i was about to buy a mac, I suggest to add one

Ye good suggestion. I support but for now you can just use Wine. It runs .exe programs. All you need to do is just open the program as Wine then click OK and then it should open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acosta
View Post
Ye good suggestion. I support but for now you can just use Wine. It runs .exe programs. All you need to do is just open the program as Wine then click OK and then it should open.
CrossOver is the same as Wine, tried both. But I still have problems that in the first post

Sounds very interesting.

Good idea

Won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik
View Post
Won't happen.
This.

You cannot play this is, the GTA San Andreas game that dosen't compatible with MAC OS. Yeah you have a client of SA-MP but won't able to play.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Won't happen.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_PRO
Посмотреть сообщение
You cannot play this is, the GTA San Andreas game that dosen't compatible with MAC OS. Yeah you have a client of SA-MP but won't able to play.

There is Mac version of the Gta San Andreas, I even have it on steam
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Won't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
This.
Well, i'm not asking predictions, more I want to know is your opinion guys

My opinion is that it won't happen. I can't tell the future - but I don't think it will happen.

It won't happen due to the fact that this mod is created by memory hacking and the memory addresses are probably most of the time different and inaccurate on mac os. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That would mean that most of the code would have to be somewhat rewritten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privies
Посмотреть сообщение
If SA-MP would have a client for mac, old players would be happy to have "not laggy SA-MP" on their computers, and new players will come too, because there are not much games on mac, especially that are free and with a multiplayer.
And since when did Grand theft auto San Andreas become free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiberfun
Посмотреть сообщение
It won't happen due to the fact that this mod is created by memory hacking and the memory addresses are probably most of the time different and inaccurate on mac os. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
MAC Os's are currently based on linux AFAIK.
And both Windows and Linux(The most used OS type) OS's works with virtual addresses.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_address_space
So, the deal would be the same on Mac like it is on Windows, however the SA-MP team would need to find the memory addresses on linux to make this mod work on a cross-platform environment.

After all, it's easier to run SA-MP & GTA SA on wine.

If you can't at all run GTA SA or SA-MP on MAC OS... just install windows on your machine(Dual boot).

Macs are designed to work as business machines. They're insanely powerful and are great for movie editing, design and other things like that. However, they are NOT gaming machines. If SA:MP has been out since 2006, why would they create a mac exe now? I doubt that SA:MP will be popular for much longer, especially with GTA:V coming out. There are wayyy bigger priorities, like exploits that affect about 80% of the population, than a mac version which MAYBE affects 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prumpuz
Посмотреть сообщение
And since when did Grand theft auto San Andreas become free?
I ment to say SA-MP. GTA isn't free, but most of the players just downloaded it(It least Russian community)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
Macs are designed to work as business machines. They're insanely powerful and are great for movie editing, design and other things like that. However, they are NOT gaming machines. If SA:MP has been out since 2006, why would they create a mac exe now? I doubt that SA:MP will be popular for much longer, especially with GTA:V coming out. There are wayyy bigger priorities, like exploits that affect about 80% of the population, than a mac version which MAYBE affects 1%
SA-MP isn't dying. Compare to previous years, SA-MP has much more players. Mac isn't design for gaming, I can't argue with that and I'm didn't bought it for gaming. But looking now at the situation now, people still play games on mac, because they want to do that. On my macbook, I have not really bad videocard(Geforce 330m). I didn't say, that mac players would have 50% of all SA-MP players. Mac users are usually 1%-5%(depend on the game) If we would take SA-MP online, get a percent, it would be 500 players. I think we would see the increase in online.

As someone said earlier in the thread. Use Wine for your crossover for it's the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira297
Посмотреть сообщение
As someone said earlier in the thread. Use Wine for your crossover for it's the best.
As I said, SA-MP not working correctly. And programs like parallel taking too much ram, so playing on Mac with parallel is extremely bad