Valhalla Shut down

Anyone that can tell me what that goodbye message said? R.I.P

It basically was thank yous to scripters, admins, good people etc. and fuck yous to trolls, retards, selfish/moronic/toxic people (aka reason why they gave up) with message that database will be deleted without any option to buy it

Yeah, but they should probably release their script if they're not gonna use it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, but they should probably release their script if they're not gonna use it though.
You are not getting it if you meant that. However, you can try offering them big bucks for it.

What a shame I used to play there very long time ago. It wasn't impressive server, but still it's sad to see communities dying.

I don't know if this is true or not but it seems like SA-MP in whole is dying even though I thought it was increasing not that long ago. GTA V is probably to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know if this is true or not but it seems like SA-MP in whole is dying even though I thought it was increasing not that long ago. GTA V is probably to blame.
People will cite statistics like www.popznet.com and claim it isn't but the statistics need some translating. If you combine it with output from SACNR Monitor you'll see that:

1) SA-MP isn't dying, it is growing per the statistics though the growth is entirely from eastern european players like the Russians. They hold the vast majority of the top 25 servers which account for a huge amount of the player base. Russians don't speak english and thus they take no part in the SA-MP community via forum postings, IRC chat, beta testing, or contributing code. They are almost always takers and never givers.

2) The community as you know it (irc, forum, contributions of code) is dying. Most of the major code contributors have either lost interest or their contributions have reached a level of maturity to where they really don't want to code any more and focus on things, like their real lives.

3) Stunt/freeroam/DM servers are mostly dead and gone with exception to UIF still going strong. All the growth is with RP servers which tend to be just clones of existing released game modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis-
Посмотреть сообщение
3) Stunt/freeroam/DM servers are mostly dead and gone with exception to UIF still going strong. All the growth is with RP servers which tend to be just clones of existing released game modes.
The problem with releasing RP game modes which aren't clones is you tend to alienate a lot of the player base as they tend to get lost and instantly expect GF style commands and mechanics.

It's a shame to see Valhalla go, was one of the first RP servers I played and played it for years with many great memories. Over time a lot of the admin team became corrupt and there was a lot of unnecessary drama just because players let their OOC friendships get involved in game. Either way still sad to see it go where I spent a lot of my younger teenage years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis-
Посмотреть сообщение
2) The community as you know it (irc, forum, contributions of code) is dying. Most of the major code contributors have either lost interest or their contributions have reached a level of maturity to where they really don't want to code any more and focus on things, like their real lives.
I agree with this. The "Useful Functions" topic used to be popular but new functions are posted every 5+ days now. Also no new activity in the discussion forum aswell. There was about 11,000 active members at the beginning of the year, which is now at 9,209 at the moment. People are moving on to newer things, as GTA:SA is a 10 year old game.

As for the contribution part, ideas for new includes are limited, since most things have been done already. Some scripters release things that have been done already (e.g. an INI reader, command processor). For instance, we don't need another INI reader if we have y_ini, which already supports tags and other attributes. Just find libraries that need improvement and throw in your code.

-

Nonetheless, it is disappointing to see Valhalla shut down. It was the place to go when you wanted some heavy RP. Even though guns were easily acquirable, the RP was still there and people didn't use them like crazy.

Regarding Valhalla Gaming, well let me tell you a thing or two about what have caused all this stuff.

Before I post any sort of story, I will prove that I am Ex Valhalla Gaming Developer that sticked to the end. One of my older vG Sneak peek previews regarding the new script.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGl3...mPZ_I6o0N69Y6Q

If needed, I'll be more than happy to respond using my ******* account or you can simply add me on my skype which is TomitzaKiller if its needed that I prove you that I am the person that I am claiming to be.

Valhalla Gaming had its ups and downs over, well now lets say 8 years almost. I have joined Valhalla Gaming in 2007, quit few times, came back, all over..

Overdrive (mostly known Valhalla Gaming owner) ran Valhalla Gaming since uhm I think it was 2008 till 2012 if I am not mistaken. Good fella but had useless people around him. Tho, he didnt care too much about the script or scripters. He had people that were copy pasting stuff from SAMP forums, polishing the code a bit to make it work on vG and boom.
Jay Ruck - Sell out. Go to him, pay him 100-200$ you get admin position. Or pay more and you get 500k in game.
Yoshira - Ran vG in 2007 as Server manager, came back in 2013 I think it was, trying to "rescue" Valhalla. But constant backstabbing from the entire community lead to brick wall. First it came from certain scripters, then by Admin Team, then by many many more people.

Overal, Yoshira wanted to save Valhalla but it didnt go well. Script was announced in 2013 around July to admin team, which was leaked instantly even tho it was said the script is not even in development. Script development started after 3 months after it was announced. We started off as Cyber_Punk (ex infinite gaming owner) and myself (Twinki). It did go well. We started making a script that was basically never made before. We took entire SAMP server related stuff and revamped it. Made it all again from scratch for better usage etc. etc. (was not a good choice to be honest). I had to leave in January due to real life problems and such, Cyber_Punk got himself a friend to help out which is Lynn (most of you probably know him). I came back after 6 months and there wasnt any progress done. Cyber Punk ditched out, didnt see him for a while. Yoshira has told me that he didnt respond in 3 months already.
We decided to start over again with again new script. We tried to use MetaRPG that was being developed previously by us, but the progress was so small on backhand we decided to not do it.
One person that I am not going to name here (possibly doesnt want to be named) and myself decided to create new script. In 2 months we have revamped everything, thanks to him mostly, he made the entire backhand, I made most of the fronthand. We wanted to launch beta of MetaRPG known as "new valhalla", and we sorta did launch closed beta which worked like charm.
Someone came to help us again, fucked up most of the stuff (sorry for cursing) and disapeared.
Box was still in the ownership of Cyber punk so we werent able to pay for the hosting (I mean we were but there was no point) since he just dissapeared, shut down his entire community without letting us know what have happened and there it is.

Regarding us (Yoshira,developers) we never given up. There were many factors why we have to close Valhalla gaming, one of course was horrible history that was created by previous owners. I am not going to mentioned what,who,when did it because I think most of the people know Valhalla by horrible history. Also, note to yourself guys, we had 600.000 accounts registered in 5 years. Our box costs almost 500$ per month to maintain and due to announcment of the new script, no one was basically donating for last 6-7 months. So roughly said, owner of Valhalla Gaming Yoshira lost roughly 4000$ in last year just on the box (Not to even bring up massive DDOS attacks and the protection he had to pay for)

Thats preety much what has happened in previous 1 and a half year regarding Valhalla Gaming.

Regarding the script, no its not being released.
We are NOT going to sell it at this point and development of it is being continued but what will happen with it that just stays unknown for now. Regarding all people requesting of us to release it, sorry but we dont want to. Script itself is worth a lot of money (Since we were offered big bucks already to sell it) and we have put so much effort in it so for now selling is out of question. We dont know what will happen in the future regarding the entire Valhalla Gaming or such, we might release a new server, might not, maybe sell it, we dont know. Whatever happens you will be informed.

Also thank you on my behalf because I see positive comments regarding your experience with Valhalla Gaming. We appreciate all the feedback, help and so on that you guys given us!

If you wish to stay in contact with me and see whats coming up, what we plan to do, add me on skype which is TomitzaKiller and I will let you keep track of our upcoming projects (if any)

Thank you for reading this.
Ex Valhalla Gaming Developer Twinki

valhalla is kill, you will be missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkiDaBoss
Посмотреть сообщение
But constant backstabbing from the entire community lead to brick wall.
Seems like standard thing on many servers xD You can reason with/ban/ignore toxic people, griefers, moaners and straight retards as much as you want but it'll end up in cascade of shitstorm one way or another, and yeah - SA:MP isn't dying, but the community's quality is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
Посмотреть сообщение
Seems like standard thing on many servers xD You can reason with/ban/ignore toxic people, griefers, moaners and straight retards as much as you want but it'll end up in cascade of shitstorm one way or another, and yeah - SA:MP isn't dying, but the community's quality is...
Yeah, we started banning people constantly for shit like that, but it ended up with people calling us bias and such. Started leaving the community even tho people that were getting banned were banned for things such as DDOS, constant trolling, constant deathmatching and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkiDaBoss
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, we started banning people constantly for shit like that, but it ended up with people calling us bias and such. Started leaving the community even tho people that were getting banned were banned for things such as DDOS, constant trolling, constant deathmatching and such.
Yeah, that grinds the piss on me too with all this DDoSing of good communities, make no sense to me at all.

http://valhallagaming.uk/

Every info and it has forums..
Credits to: Dizzy

rest in kill

Never really liked it to begin with.