Have you ever done the ice bucket challenge?

Some people can't even find water to drink and do even dream about getting a water drop.. Man this is madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone
Посмотреть сообщение
Some people can't even find water to drink and do even dream about getting a water drop.. Man this is madness
I really hate that argument. Regardless of whether we had done the ice challenge or not, that water would still not be going to those people. Instead of saying "you are wasting water when people need it", perhaps you should be doing something about getting water to these people.

I opinion:

It's a way as others have mentioned it to get out of paying to charity and a waste of water which could be well spent elsewhere.

They should've made it that you get sponsored for doing the ice bucket challenge.

Quote:

Sometimes I have to remind myself / That on my worst day I live like somebody on their greatest

Ice-Bucket Challenge ?
Is it a game now ? Those celebrity who did it also donated to ALS.org If you are doing it then go and donate.

Kids everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone
Посмотреть сообщение
Some people don't even have electrical items in there house, now that's madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated
Посмотреть сообщение
Some people don't even have electrical items in there house, now that's madness.
Some people don't have food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
So you are supposed to pour water over yourself AND donate? Why would people not just donate? Seems so stupid. Either there is more to it than that, or it is actually really stupid.
There are tons of charities just waiting for you to donate for them. Pouring water is the only thing that made this chairity shine... You know how it works, tell people to do stupid stuff and they'll pay money for it.

Actually i did it last night i am gonna upload the video later so fucking gonna die because of the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
So you are supposed to pour water over yourself AND donate? Why would people not just donate? Seems so stupid. Either there is more to it than that, or it is actually really stupid.
it's about marketing, seeing famous people do stupid shit and tell you to donate will probably get more views (which means more people that donate) than a famous person tweeting about it on ******* or whatever
but what do i know

That "donate to that foundation only"-rule is actually under heavy criticism, because it "steals" the money that people might otherwise donate to other charity foundations. That rule came from a very personal reason of the starter, though the whole challenge stuff would have a better effect if it wasnt dictating where to donate.
I havent done it yet and would ignore such a "nomination" anyways.

School is now in session.....

Our world is floating thru space surrounded by an atmosphere that holds everything in place. I am no scientist so to save an argument let's say the world is 1 billion years old. The same amount of water has existed on our planet since that time in various stages of it's existence(liquid, gas, solid). Water spreads around the globe in ever changing cycles that may bring drought or flooding. Rainwater that falls over the ocean now becomes saltwater that you cannot drink without harmful effects. Yet when that same ocean water evaporates to gas form and is carried aloft to form clouds, it then could be falling over a lake near you that you may actually get drinking water from and it will again be fresh water.

You see nothing can escape earth except man so all this water has been used and used again from the beginning of time and will continue to be that way till the end of time.

BELLS RINGING....Schools out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Simmer
Посмотреть сообщение
School is now in session.....

Our world is floating thru space surrounded by an atmosphere that holds everything in place. I am no scientist so to save an argument let's say the world is 1 billion years old. The same amount of water has existed on our planet since that time in various stages of it's existence(liquid, gas, solid). Water spreads around the globe in ever changing cycles that may bring drought or flooding. Rainwater that falls over the ocean now becomes saltwater that you cannot drink without harmful effects. Yet when that same ocean water evaporates to gas form and is carried aloft to form clouds, it then could be falling over a lake near you that you may actually get drinking water from and it will again be fresh water.

You see nothing can escape earth except man so all this water has been used and used again from the beginning of time and will continue to be that way till the end of time.

BELLS RINGING....Schools out.
Earth is 4.5 billion years.

Plot twist: water isn't wasted. It streams back to canals, rivers, lakes and oceans, gets vaporized by the sun and falls down again. Water cannot dissapear and it's used one way or another so this whole waste discussion is bullshit, just like the whole challenge. It started out as a funny idea and I'm glad it raised so much money and awareness for ALS research but now it's dominated by stupid people craving for attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Посмотреть сообщение
Plot twist: water isn't wasted. It streams back to canals, rivers, lakes and oceans, gets vaporized by the sun and falls down again. Water cannot dissapear and it's used one way or another so this whole waste discussion is bullshit, just like the whole challenge. It started out as a funny idea and I'm glad it raised so much money and awareness for ALS research but now it's dominated by stupid people craving for attention.
How many years does it take until it can be used again for drinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
How many years does it take until it can be used again for drinking?
What water do you use to flush your toilet or to clean your floor or your car or to shower yourself afterall? How many years does it take until it can be used again for drinking?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Finally, someone who knows that not doing this challenge won't change climate in Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_Emilio
Посмотреть сообщение
The world needs water, while they waste it for stupid challenges, imagine if the world uses just 2 liters,

7 billion x 2 liters = 12 billion liters of water wasted for that, while in africa, there is people that needs that water more than anything...
I hope you realize that you cannot waste water because there's always the same amount of it on the world (except that which escaped to space and you can do nothing about it).

@Sergei : Actually, not exactly the same amount. Each body needs water and your organs uses water. They throw a big part, later transformed as pee, but they've used a small part though.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well-said!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
1000% agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
Посмотреть сообщение
What water do you use to flush your toilet or to clean your floor or your car or to shower yourself afterall? How many years does it take until it can be used again for drinking?
I don't flush millions of liters after I take a dump... I'm quite considerate like that

no and i will not i dont wanna get a cold :V