Have you ever done the ice bucket challenge?

This is the easiest way to do it

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhtfpQSPzA&list=UUW5IAkcmVIyALhDcJaBLInQ[/ame]

No, I didn't.

What is ice bucket challenge?!?!?

There is a video (well 2 that I know of) of the bucket falling on the person's head. If you're going to do it, don't be so stupid as to use a massive bucket (and from a much higher distance) because if it falls out of your hand and falls onto the person's head with (a lot of) water still in it, that won't be pretty..... it'd be extremely heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vule.
Посмотреть сообщение
What is ice bucket challenge?!?!?
About 3.

Its like you sit on a chair and you get someone to fill up a bucket full of water with ice and than you record it when it gets poored on you!

Btw, I take it this is a person video channel of yours given the fact this video is merely a ~10 view reupload of the actual version.

Nop my channel is in my signature my friend sent me the video!!

No... but i saw people doing it!

Here in Gaza, people does it with sand instead of ice/water, about 3/4 Gaza have no water.

And no, I didn't do it, probably because of the war.

EDIT:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duSBig1-VUA

And, a jewish living in Israel, using cows' shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUQ_mbBIHss

I haven't done it and I'm not planning to do it. This game was started as a charity donation game, not for everyone to have fun with it.

All I know is people especially girls like to get wet, and there's a reason for them now to do that in front of camera. I myself find this really annoying but at least it's for the good cause.

And for those who plans on doing it, PLEASE, save yourself the embarrassment and at least donate the money first, it's mostly about donation than getting wet like as if you're back in kindergarten.

I didn't do it yet, but we'll donate with the band I'm in, and we'll also get a bucket with ice and water thrown on us. I noticed that a lot of people miss the point (not necessarily here on SA-MP forums, but in general), and just get wet or don't use ice but just normal water, some of them not even knowing why it's done. It's good to see that most of the people do get it and also know what they're actually doing it for though.

Lets leave religion and other war based stuff out of the SA:MP forums?? All it does is brings butt hurt kids thinking they know everything.

Hydratic keep that crap out of this thread, it's people like you who get all of our threads locked.

No I haven't done the Ice Bucket challenge because the concept of doing something to avoid paying money to charity is ridiculous to me. That being said, I also didn't donate when I was nominated, because I donate when I want to, not when people publicly try to obligate me to. I regularly donate to charities and foundations of my choosing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
No I haven't done the Ice Bucket challenge because the concept of doing something to avoid paying money to charity is ridiculous to me. That being said, I also didn't donate when I was nominated, because I donate when I want to, not when people publicly try to obligate me to. I regularly donate to charities and foundations of my choosing.
I hope you don't mind me prying, but what charities are those?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
No I haven't done the Ice Bucket challenge because the concept of doing something to avoid paying money to charity is ridiculous to me.
I don't think that's their intention, that misconception was probably the result of Chinese whispers.

Quote:

It's simple. Just challenge someone via ******** or ******* to have a bucket of ice-cold water poured over their head in exchange for a text donation to Macmillan. - See more at: http://www.macmillan.org.uk/ice-nomi....VcIXS6fc.dpuf
(Taken from Macmillan website)

Though, I have this amazing ability to donate without having to freeze myself. I feel blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Einstein
Посмотреть сообщение
I hope you don't mind me prying, but what charities are those?
Sorry but that's neither relevant to this thread, nor anyone's business but mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think that's their intention, that misconception was probably the result of Chinese whispers.

(Taken from Macmillan website)

Though, I have this amazing ability to donate without having to freeze myself. I feel blessed
Oh wait, so the person who challenges you is supposed to donate if you do it? That makes much more sense, but is still what I said really... you could donate the money yourself, or you could just pour ice cold water over your head to get out of it and make someone else donate for you... or am I still not understanding?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh wait, so the person who challenges you is supposed to donate if you do it? That makes much more sense, but is still what I said really... you could donate the money yourself, or you could just pour ice cold water over your head to get out of it and make someone else donate for you... or am I still not understanding?
Well, it's just a crazy scheme to get as many people to donate as possible. For this to be done, I'm thinking they thought up some random craze they hoped everyone would love (it worked). In this case, anyone who pours the perfectly good water over their own head "has" to donate and then nominate a few others to do it, who will subsequently donate, too. It's just a shame that people forget the donating part, they just want to fit into modern society by drenching themselves needlessly.

Side note: one of the people involved in getting this ice-bucket challenge up and running died a few days ago in a drowning incident! :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, it's just a crazy scheme to get as many people to donate as possible. For this to be done, I'm thinking they thought up some random craze they hoped everyone would love (it worked). In this case, anyone who pours the perfectly good water over their own head "has" to donate and then nominate a few others to do it, who will subsequently donate, too. It's just a shame that people forget the donating part, they just want to fit into modern society by drenching themselves needlessly.

Side note: one of the people involved in getting this ice-bucket challenge up and running died a few days ago in a drowning incident! :/
So you are supposed to pour water over yourself AND donate? Why would people not just donate? Seems so stupid. Either there is more to it than that, or it is actually really stupid.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So you are supposed to pour water over yourself AND donate? Why would people not just donate? Seems so stupid. Either there is more to it than that, or it is actually really stupid.
It is just modern culture in a nutshell IMO. :P

I try not to get dragged into that stuff, probably rendering myself a boring so and so but never mind.