What makes a good RP Server?

Hey guys, I am just wondering. What do you all think makes a good roleplay server? I am apart of a great community, yet people seem to leave. I am wondering, what is it we are not doing?

So, post away. What makes a epic and good heavy roleplay server.

Make it different.

I posted my opinion just the other day.

But that is in no way directed at your server, since I haven't played there yet. But since you are interested, I also belong to an old MMO that has seen better days. Everyone has beat the end game and played it for years and years... sort of like GTA SA. Now when I play the old MMO I hear most players chatting about current events, politics, trolling, or cybering with each other. Yesterday's MMO quickly degrades into IMVU or Second Life.

Other than my suggestions I made in the other thread and Mr. Finn's insight RP, I can only suggest you get to know the player base. You seem to be a creative individual from what I see on *******. Keep your creative juices flowing and have special events once in a while. Surprise and shock your audience and they will want to know what you will plan next.

I'd say, good community and EFFECTIVE advertising.

A unique and good quality script, but that's priority no 2. The above
two are the most important.

^^^ Good point.

Also you have no IP address posting anywhere, that samp sever link on the webpage fails to load in my browser. Linux and Mac users won't find you without the 178.33.168.72:7777 Be sure to post it visually somewhere for us geeks. lol

Checking your server out now.
--Update--
Done. I am getting 120 ping rate but that is nobody's fault and cannot be helped. I am East coast US and your server is in Paris. It is still pretty good at that rate, if you did have more people, my ping might go higher yet. Ping rate is how average players (even on RP) will sort a list and grab for the lowest ping with their native speaking language. That is the only reason I brought it up. People in Europe will get a much better rate from your server. Enough said about the internet issues.

Tutorial is well done and quick enough. Even if I had skipped the tutorial the /cmds is very helpful. It is a good gamemode, I like the Y KEY HUD and N for inventory. I met another player, who was also testing it out, while I was in there. I took the driving test and got my license. I explored for a while and rented a room for $10. During my exploring I entered a house (no one locks doors?) I guess not in small communities.

I didn't find anything setting you back in your server or the scripting. I would recommend you add that IP to all your signatures that relates to SAMP, GTA, and gaming. Place the IP on the webpage and advertise by means of gaming forums (assuming they allow it). Join current popular gaming forums and use your siggy! Worse they can do is tell you to remove the signature.

Ask your friends and neighbors to play, this will get you more local people on there. Post public ads for your webpage on flyers in your town. Offer perks for recruiting another player who plays a minimum of 20 hours total, however watchout for duplicate IPs. Treat it like a business and it will grow.

I think the idea.
I'm from Russia and we have all the same RP-servers. All play America today. But why? I would like to play America 90s, GTA SA itself created for this purpose. Los Santos (aka Los Angeles), 1992, these cars, this music. Or I'd like with the same pleasure would be played the 1970s, it is also interesting. Just for the implementation of this most difficult not even gaming modes. Here we must first find a group of like-minded community of such people.
Also, I'm interested in the idea of ​​countries. Now how to make: San Andreas is a state, but you can divide it into three countries and call SA is continent. Then it will be that neither is justified by the existence of the army on the server, for between countries will be possible to build political and economic agreements. I saw this on one RPG-server, but they are moving away from this, as in similar circumstances do not realize. This RP-idea.
used ******-translate

Quote:
Originally Posted by keycap
Посмотреть сообщение
... Or I'd like with the same pleasure would be played the 1970s, it is also interesting.
Strange you said that, I was talking to a modder on GTA Forums about a year ago, he works with Cleo mods. He was telling me about his idea to do total conversion of GTA SA back in 1968 and start in Las Venturas as a lounge singer. The lounge singer gets in bed with the mob and the story line sends him to SF and LA. My friend dropped the idea telling me that such a conversion would require too many model conversions (cars and people) and voice over actors, other than the mission scripting, that he could do himself.

It is a shame too, because I really wanted play his mod. LOL

But the same applies to SA-MP total conversions are not very practical.

Enforce server rules unlike 99% of RP servers.

JoeMercury, yes, but in a sa-mp that would rather just leaving cars in vogue until 1980 release
Principle, yes, it is not very practical and clearly not attract a lot of people, but would be interesting to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keycap
Посмотреть сообщение
I think the idea.
I'm from Russia and we have all the same RP-servers. All play America today. But why? I would like to play America 90s, GTA SA itself created for this purpose. Los Santos (aka Los Angeles), 1992, these cars, this music. Or I'd like with the same pleasure would be played the 1970s, it is also interesting. Just for the implementation of this most difficult not even gaming modes. Here we must first find a group of like-minded community of such people.
Also, I'm interested in the idea of ​​countries. Now how to make: San Andreas is a state, but you can divide it into three countries and call SA is continent. Then it will be that neither is justified by the existence of the army on the server, for between countries will be possible to build political and economic agreements. I saw this on one RPG-server, but they are moving away from this, as in similar circumstances do not realize. This RP-idea.
used ******-translate
They wouldn't need to be countries, it would be smarter to make them autonomous provinces (or self-governing regions) with different taxations, migration policies and everything you can imagine. The road tolls could be used properly and border guards could be patrolling around the region. It might be fun to see how it'd go. It would require lots of players though, so I don't think you'd be able to start the server from zero like that, you'd need a large server which gets updated to that system. I like the idea.

On topic: making the server different is not enough and I don't think it's smart to make the server different because players don't want to adapt to anything new, they want to join and play just like they do on all other RP servers. Advertising is the most important part and visually good looking features make people curious.

And that is if you think a good server is the one with most players.