SA-MP 0.3z R2-2 server update

I don't know if i should update it or to keep using my protection against the flooders

The files a_players.inc and a_samp.inc are the 0.3e includes? They lack new features that were added in the 0.3z version (in Windows server).

Thanks Kalcor!

Who can explain, everything limit? and how much need to set, depends your server?

Once again, thanks.

Good guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
Some of my players complain that they get "You are banned from the server" bug randomly after applied this patch, could it be because of it?
check your server_log.txt for the Warning msgs described below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audriuxxx
Посмотреть сообщение
Who can explain, everything limit? and how much need to set, depends your server?
It's hard for us to find the perfect default values because different kind of gamemodes need different values.

messageslimit: (default 500)
Код:
Warning: client exceeded 'messageslimit' (1) <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 500/sec
The number of messages per second a client sends to the server.
False positives ? If 'messageslimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon messageslimit <count> to raise 'messageslimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.
A low 'messageslimit' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

ackslimit: (default 1000)
Код:
Warning: client exceeded 'ackslimit' <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 1000/sec
False positives ? If 'ackslimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon ackslimit <count> to raise 'ackslimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.
A low 'ackslimit' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

messageholelimit: (default 3000)
Код:
Warning: client exceeded 'messageholelimit' (<type>) <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 3000
False positives ? If 'messageholelimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon messageholelimit <count> to raise 'messageholelimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.
A low 'messageholelimit' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

'out of order messages' reuses messageholelimit setting:: (default 3000)
Код:
Warning: Too many out-of-order messages from player <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 3000 (messageholelimit)
False positives ? If this kicks regular players you should use /rcon messageholelimit <count> to raise 'messageholelimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.

playertimeout: (default 10000)
Time in milliseconds until a player timeouts when not sending any packets.
A low 'playertimeout' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

So each time I see a log with:
[13:57:07] Warning: client exceeded 'ackslimit' 102.0.0.1:61407 ( 1278 ) Limit: 1000/sec

It means someone is using some tool to make server lag ?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
[13:57:07] Warning: client exceeded 'ackslimit' 102.0.0.1:61407 ( 1278 ) Limit: 1000/sec

no, ackslimit seems to be too low for a lot of servers. Current attacks use always more than 10k.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

No. Read the post above you:
Quote:

If 'ackslimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon ackslimit <count> to raise 'ackslimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.

Any suggestions what to do, because with this new patch players get that You are banned... and with current one some players just timing out, or should I use this patch, just with increased limits?

@Mellnik, thanks I get that just now ^

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Any suggestions what to do, because with this new patch players get that You are banned... and with current one some players just timing out, or should I use this patch, just with increased limits?

@Mellnik, thanks I get that just now ^
do what i said here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0
Посмотреть сообщение
check your server_log.txt for the Warning msgs described below.

It's hard for us to find the perfect default values because different kind of gamemodes need different values.

messageslimit: (default 500)
Код:
Warning: client exceeded 'messageslimit' (1) <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 500/sec
The number of messages per second a client sends to the server.
False positives ? If 'messageslimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon messageslimit <count> to raise 'messageslimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.
A low 'messageslimit' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

ackslimit: (default 1000)
Код:
Warning: client exceeded 'ackslimit' <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 1000/sec
False positives ? If 'ackslimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon ackslimit <count> to raise 'ackslimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.
A low 'ackslimit' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

messageholelimit: (default 3000)
Код:
Warning: client exceeded 'messageholelimit' (<type>) <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 3000
False positives ? If 'messageholelimit' kicks regular players you should use /rcon messageholelimit <count> to raise 'messageholelimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.

'out of order messages' reuses messageholelimit setting:: (default 3000)
Код:
Warning: Too many out-of-order messages from player <ip>:<port> (<count>) Limit: 3000 (messageholelimit)
False positives ? If this kicks regular players you should use /rcon messageholelimit <count> to raise 'messageholelimit' so it doesn't kick innocent players anymore.

playertimeout: (default 10000)
Time in milliseconds until a player timeouts when not sending any packets.
A low 'playertimeout' setting might help to block (new) attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0
Посмотреть сообщение
do what i said here:
Nevermind, this guy was a regular player. False alert. (Ignore this post)

Is this update still in beta? And kalcor suddenly tried to released this update due to people keep on reporting this bug.

Can anyone explain how this attack works? And people, please, stop spamming "Thanks", "Good Job" or something, there people here that may ask questions or report any bugs.

I have question: If the player exceed limit is he kicked by server? Or it just display warning in server logs?

I cant get more than 130 acks and 200 messages on localhost, but crasher is work

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTTrO
Посмотреть сообщение
I have question: If the player exceed limit is he kicked by server? Or it just display warning in server logs?
kicks -> http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...93#post2990193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_De
Посмотреть сообщение
I cant get more than 130 acks and 200 messages on localhost, but crasher is work
don't test on localhost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I change messageholelimit and ackslimit to 5000 and a player it exceeds 5000
It kick player whether server ?

Nice! I really hope this fixes this issue: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?pid=2886836#pid2886836
I'll just have to wait to see if it ever happens again.