Windows 8: Need at least Directx 9.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsigne
View Post
Nice find, and yes, it would install everything needed So what are you going to do? :P
Buy it from the windows store and if that doesn't work I'll just buy one at gamemania (dutch game store, not sure if it's in other countries). If it still doesn't work I'll downgrade to windows 7 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsigne
View Post
If it doesn't work on Windows Store I wouldn't buy it again, as it will have the same install (I mean same files, if not less, unless the Windows Store GTA SA is bugged), but downgrade straight, you could try but if it doesn't work in one it's not gonna work on other unless its like steam but its not that, it just have the files like Windows Store (if not less, unless, again, the Windows Store GTA SA is bugged), or you could search if there's a fix in the internet, but it's a fact that Windows 8 have trouble with older games, that's why Steam doesn't support Windows 8 and gamers stay with Windows 7 (unless they want the boost of the exclusive Directx, but it wouldn't be a big deal by now, and it is only on newest games that support it, not older games)
Steam works fine on windows 8 though, not even compability modus. I know it's illegal but it might be my disk, so I am going to try a torrent and if that works I'll buy it. (Yes buy it after a torrent is dumb, but I hate not having them legit.)

You downloaded a corrupt pirated version. Buy it off steam or get a better torrent.