Is using the NG:RP script illegal?

nealy everyone is using NG:RP script i just cannot believe they getting good player base REFUNDING V.I.P crap what's point in even joining a server when you start with 5 million.

using a NGRP script is not illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves
View Post
what's point in even joining a server when you start with 5 million.
It allows you to RP, it's called a Dubai Economy and people can RP what they want as they don't have to grind money for a living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooltuO
View Post
It allows you to RP, it's called a Dubai Economy and people can RP what they want as they don't have to grind money for a living.
LMFAO. Dubai Economy!!! Well, there usually isn't RP...

On: Not really. But, there is no point in using it.

People are saying that the script is copyrighted because you can copyright a script, much like a program in C#. But, they don't seem to understand that NGG didn't make the plugins, CMD processors and other things that the script needs to work. Therefor, they cannot actually copyright the whole script as they are using other people's work. What they can do is make a patent on ideas or features of the script, or they can make their own CMD processor and plugins and everything and stop using things from tutorials found on these forums, and then...they can copyright their script. Not that anyone will give a flying fuck anyway. They can't even take legal action on a 13 year old kid with a NGG script and 2 people in his server. The lawyer would cost too much money and they know it's a fight they will lose.

Quote:
View Post
You saying giving refunds is roleplay i don't think so the script is a peace of dog poo it would be more roleplaying without the refund shit it would be pointless even playing on a server with refund due, to the fact be board to death playing on the same old server just new admins i rather work my way to earn money and other things.

Anyways this as been posted tons of times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPRINCE
View Post
Well they think they got the best Photoshoppers ever, in addition people can photoshop Icons exactly like theirs like I did, that doesn't mean I copied them. And as for when it comes to the script, you can file a legal case against them to the court cause once you edit/crack something people tend to say the copyright breaks so you won't be guaranteed a replace and etc. (Like Sony) I don't see how they should claim a copyright thats broken. Besides they are not the only ones that can create scripts like theirs, they don't have the worlds best programmers. Anyways we all know NGG is an edit of GF so they don't have the right to copyright it.
So its legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw
View Post
Nah.

And no its not legal using ngg script, they can only CP the imgs, ts3 icons etc but NOT the script. The script was made using PAWNO which is not created by them, the plugins, cmd processors and etc. So they aint got shit to copyright
omg thank you for the entertainment, reading this was the most i've laughed today

Quote:
View Post
Wow. You guys are so deep into this GF RP stuff that you've even created a term for a world where everyone is rich, and that's realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyk0ed
View Post
I don't think they would care a lot if a server with a player base of 10 uses their script.
and devin would most likely ignore them as long as the ngrpers keeps donating

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAndreas091
View Post
and devin would most likely ignore them as long as the ngrpers keeps donating
He doesn't really need donations anymore, he made enough money where he has his own hosting company just for NGG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
Using scripts you're not allowed to use can make that happen, yes.
And what kind of script are not allowed to be scripted ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post

However, if you'd have only one grain of self respect you'd just stay away from obviously stolen or leaked scripts.
Asking something like this is like asking the U.S. President to deport Justin Bieber back to Canada.
Not Going To Happen.

This is SA-MP and there will always be someone stealing scripts, leaking scripts, stating they scripted something when they didn't, being a kiddie begging for Admin on a server, DDOSing a server(s), or using hacks/cheats on a server because the @$@%#'s cannot play the right way so they have to cheat to win.

Actually....sounds like real life to.

How do you legally copyright something

Look at that link, and if NGG has done that, they it is legally copyrighted, if not, you can use it if you have the script (to my best knowledge)

Copyright, in the US, UK, and most other western countries is automatic as soon as it is committed to a 'tangible medium'.

The so-called "poor mans copyright" of mailing something to yourself is pure myth of NO legal validity at all.

To register a copyright - which is not legally necessary, but gives 'some' extra rights, go to www.copyright.gov in the US, www.ipo.gov.uk in the UK, or your countries equivalent body.

Take no offence, seems a TEENSY BIT RUDE, but I gotta say this -

Why would anyone even want to use the NG:RP script in the first place when they can make an even better script from new.pwn? It makes no sense to me and I hate the fact that people prefer NG:RP script over a better and more unique script. I played on a server once that had around 50+ players daily, they had a very good script, but then they switched to NG:RP once it got first leaked, the server died soon after they switched over and used it.

The biggest question here is, why would you want to use NG:RP script? if you want a good server with a good playerbase simply get creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggravatedEgo
View Post
The biggest question here is, why would you want to use NG:RP script? if you want a good server with a good playerbase simply get creative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
View Post
Why would anyone even want to use the NG:RP script in the first place when they can make an even better script from new.pwn? It makes no sense to me and I hate the fact that people prefer NG:RP script over a better and more unique script. I played on a server once that had around 50+ players daily, they had a very good script, but then they switched to NG:RP once it got first leaked, the server died soon after they switched over and used it.
A script is not the hugest factor in attracting players, particularly in roleplay servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
A script is not the hugest factor in attracting players, particularly in roleplay servers.
That's a very true statement. It's a lot about the community. I'd rather play a server with a substandard script (as long as it's still playable) with awesome people, than a really good script where the players are all idiots. If you manage to get both, then you're headed for success.

Well it depends if it is copyrighted and you are using their latest script which was copyrighted you cannot however if you are using their script which is a few years ago that wasn't copyrighted I wont think they can take legal actions however you can always be nice and don't use it for personal winning.