another thing to be fixed

There was another server sided bug. Haven't tested the latest version yet.

If I shoot a player (I don't kill him) and he later commits suicide, the server thinks I killed him.
This does cause problems, if for example I scripted a jail penalty for performing a drive-by.

I shoot the guy, I don't get to kill him. I enter a car, and the guy dies from falling distance or whatever.
The server reads that I killed him with the gun I had when I shot him. The server also reads that I am in a car.

driver + weapon + victim = drive-by performed, so I get a jail penalty.

You can use OnPlayerTakeDamage or/and OnPlayerWeaponShot to save the last time you hit the player and if this time greater than x seconds (e.g 5) then dismiss the kill and don't give penalty for the player.

This is not a bug. This is scriptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
Посмотреть сообщение
This is not a bug. This is scriptable.
Just because something is scriptable it doesn't mean it's not longer a bug! It's still a bug, but it have lower priority.

It should be fixed in near future.

Its always have been as that, person/thing which caused the biggest damage is killerid, its even if I shoot someone to 10HP and another person shoot rest 10HP off, killer is 1st person, at least it was as that in previous versions.

As I always say, if it's scriptable it doesn't need to be fixed, because programming is much harder than scripting.

but makes no sense, killer must be the last person who hitted. Like in league of legends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugiwaraNoLuffy
Посмотреть сообщение
As I always say, if it's scriptable it doesn't need to be fixed, because programming is much harder than scripting.
And making food is alot harder than cooking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey07
Посмотреть сообщение
And making food is alot harder than cooking ?
I think he was saying that making a script to stop the consequences of a bug is easier than solving the bug itself. And he is right. But it's a limited solution, dough. I've seen this bug causing a chain reaction on a server. 3 players were jailed because they wounded each other, and one of them later performed a drive-by. He was instantly killed back by his victim (server script), he died and after that got jailed. The one who shot him earlier was also in a car, he went out as well along with a third guy who shot him.

This bug causes problems that scripters have to take care of.

And why the fuck do you have to penalize driveby in first place? it balances the game and allows newbies to stand a fair chance against "pros".