Local Host IP won't work in SA-MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.
Посмотреть сообщение
So what is it as per http://www.whatsmyip.org/ ?

Upload your server.cfg (remove passwords) somewhere, something might not be right there. 'localhost' as the server hostname should work, and it's not then the fault is the server. [Are you sure the server and client versions match? Is the server 0.3x?]
It is 175.157.176.179 as now. But it will change when I reconnect the internet.
Would you like to team viewer me?

175.157.176.179 seems to be your IP, that's not a local host IP.

To view your server you need to use localhost<port if changed>. You can't view your server via the IP.

You have a dynamic IP which changes, in order keep your server active for others I would suggest you use noip (****** that).

Noip: this is a free service which allows you to have a domain which you can give to people. The domain will automatically update to your changed IP if you downloaded their software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDK1LLA
Посмотреть сообщение
175.157.176.179 seems to be your IP, that's not a local host IP.

To view your server you need to use localhost<port if changed>. You can't view your server via the IP.

You have a dynamic IP which changes, in order keep your server active for others I would suggest you use noip (****** that).

Noip: this is a free service which allows you to have a domain which you can give to people. The domain will automatically update to your changed IP if you downloaded their software.
Thanks for that No-Ip thing. I always wanted something like that.

But I still can't fix my problem with the hosting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Mani
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for that No-Ip thing. I always wanted something like that.

But I still can't fix my problem with the hosting...
You have not responded with any of the information we have asked from you aside from your dynamic IP address. We cannot help while you do not co-operate by providing the information requested.

I can't understand what you guys are asking about the localhost.

This is my server.cfg
Код:
echo Executing Server Config...
lanmode 1
rcon_password abcd
maxplayers 30
port 7777
hostname localhost
gamemode0 CSSNew 1
filterscripts ladmin4v2 MMTECHAnims
announce 1
query 1
chatlogging 0
weburl www.sa-mp.com
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000
maxnpc 0
logtimeformat [%H:%M:%S]
And my server and the client both have the same versions. And both are 0.3x.
And my provider allows it, because earlier I could host. But I don't know whether they made some changes, but I doubt not.

No one talked about it... did you checked if the firewall is blocking external connections for the port 7777?
Most likely before the windows reinstall, your firewall was "passive", so everyone could connect to the port without the need to change the firewall settings.
Take a look on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
No one talked about it... did you checked if the firewall is blocking external connections for the port 7777?
Most likely before the windows reinstall, your firewall was "passive", so everyone could connect to the port without the need to change the firewall settings.
Take a look on it.
I went to advanced firewall settings and added the port 7777 too. Still no change.

Eventually your provider is blocking tcp hosting.
BTW, when hosting with that umts/lte stick, did you think about
immoral high ping (at least 100-200ms higher than with normal internet access)
extreme traffic (20gb/month even with few players, going up exponentially, that might make your internet bill explode if you pay for traffic)
no-ip-like services might be hard to configure

Running a serious server via such a stick isnt any better than running it on your android phone (as someone recently asked)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I went to advanced firewall settings and added the port 7777 too. Still no change.
For both tcp and udp? Maybe try to deactivate the whole firewall for testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Eventually your provider is blocking tcp hosting.
BTW, when hosting with that umts/lte stick, did you think about
immoral high ping (at least 100-200ms higher than with normal internet access)
extreme traffic (20gb/month even with few players, going up exponentially, that might make your internet bill explode if you pay for traffic)
no-ip-like services might be hard to configure

Running a serious server via such a stick isnt any better than running it on your android phone (as someone recently asked)

For both tcp and udp? Maybe try to deactivate the whole firewall for testing.
No I didn't have problems with the ping.
I tried deactivating the whole firewall, still didn't work...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
No I didn't have problems with the ping.
I tried deactivating the whole firewall, still didn't work...
Can you still not connect using 'localhost' on the computer that is hosting this server? I'm not convinced this is an external problem as yet.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you still not connect using 'localhost' on the computer that is hosting this server? I'm not convinced this is an external problem as yet.
Well I can join using the IP from ipconfig and 127.0.0 that IP... But it's only me who can join through them..

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I can join using the IP from ipconfig and 127.0.0 that IP... But it's only me who can join through them..
This brings me to the possibility that your ISP has blocked this particular service... I just tested running my test-server through my mobile phone (USB tethering) and the same thing happened. Since USB Broadband typically uses mobile networks, I assume the same thing occurs. It would not surprise me if this were the case.

Make sure your SA-MP client version actually matches your server version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperViper
Посмотреть сообщение
Make sure your SA-MP client version actually matches your server version.
Sure it does.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
This brings me to the possibility that your ISP has blocked this particular service... I just tested running my test-server through my mobile phone (USB tethering) and the same thing happened. Since USB Broadband typically uses mobile networks, I assume the same thing occurs. It would not surprise me if this were the case.
Hm, I will try to contact my ISP and get their knowledge.

To allow outbound connections, you must "portforward" the ports UDP/TCP depending which the server uses which i forget

for localhost your IP is not the "Remote IP" i.e 127.0.0.1, 192.168 etc.. these are all local IPs which only you or someone on your network can access (example: 192.168.1.71) if your friend is using your router they can access your server from their computer/laptop.

For someone who is not on your network you must open the ports to tell the router the outbound connections can pass through the port 7777 on UDP/TCP you can configure these in your router settings which can be found on the router which most router have on the back.

but then again it's all down to your ISP if they allow you to edit such setting which Ash. suggested :P

If you do have access to your router head over to http://portforward.com/ they give some guides on how to portforward for your router if it's listed.

Not exactly sure if this post will help in anyway, but it gives some details on the issues some people don't know how it works fully etc.. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneisace
Посмотреть сообщение
To allow outbound connections, you must "portforward" the ports UDP/TCP depending which the server uses which i forget

for localhost your IP is not the "Remote IP" i.e 127.0.0.1, 192.168 etc.. these are all local IPs which only you or someone on your network can access (example: 192.168.1.71) if your friend is using your router they can access your server from their computer/laptop.

For someone who is not on your network you must open the ports to tell the router the outbound connections can pass through the port 7777 on UDP/TCP you can configure these in your router settings which can be found on the router which most router have on the back.

but then again it's all down to your ISP if they allow you to edit such setting which Ash. suggested :P

If you do have access to your router head over to http://portforward.com/ they give some guides on how to portforward for your router if it's listed.

Not exactly sure if this post will help in anyway, but it gives some details on the issues some people don't know how it works fully etc.. :P
Dude I am not having a router. :L
I am using a USB...

Ohhh maybe its working for Windows 7 and you bought windows 8?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Dude I am not having a router. :L
I am using a USB...
Hello,

SA:MP dosen't work with USB because once you take your USB out of the computer it changes your IP automatically, I've USB too by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezerian
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello,

SA:MP dosen't work with USB because once you take your USB out of the computer it changes your IP automatically, I've USB too by the way.
It will still work as I proved just the other day by using my phone as my laptop's source of Internet connection (though it was too slow for comfort, how you people cope is beyond me). USB Broadband uses a mobile network connection!

It's not about the usb, well you might have a dynamic ip so your ip changes every time you re-connect to your net.