Local Host IP won't work in SA-MP

I never had a problem like this until I re-installed Windows about a month ago. I could always host a local server in PC without any problem. But now, when I host it and go to WhatIsMyIp.com and get the IP address and add it on SA-MP Client, it says "Retrieving Info" and doesn't work when I connect.
But when I use the Samp debug and connect, it works only for me.
That is 127.0.0.1:7777.

I don't know what is the problem. But I ******d, and found that some other dudes too had the same problem I am facing. But there was no specific answer given to them. And most of them answers back saying port forward. I don't have a router or a modem to port forward, I just have my normal broadband dongle (USB Internet). And I don't even need to port forward because I have never done it and home/local hosting worked earlier even without port forwarding.

Please someone help me...

cmd >> type "ipconfig" without quotes >> Copy the IPv4 address from there >> Paste it in your "Add favourites" in SA-MP client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
View Post
cmd >> type "ipconfig" without quotes >> Copy the IPv4 address from there >> Paste it in your "Add favourites" in SA-MP client.
Not working...

Start your server and try IP as 192.168.11.1

Quote:
View Post
Start your server and try IP as 192.168.11.1
Nope, not working.

Whenever someone port-forwards, has has to connect to localhost:7777 (if port is not 7777, change it to the one you have on the server.cfg) in order to play. Although, others have to connect to your IP:PORT

Is the server actually started?

Quote:
View Post
Oh wait, this works... But not my WhatIsMyIp IP address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zeus
View Post
Whenever someone port-forwards, has has to connect to localhost:7777 (if port is not 7777, change it to the one you have on the server.cfg) in order to play. Although, others have to connect to your IP:PORT
I know that, there is no port forwarding with my PC. And my usual port is 7777.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
Is the server actually started?
Yes, I can see the 127.0.0.1:7777 server status in the client.

Please someone help me?!

FFS, anyone?! It's urgent...

You said my post fixed your problem. Did it actually fix it or?

If you can see the server in your client, post your external IP here so we can test it. If you have Teamviewer or something, I can help with the portforwarding.

Not sure if this is similar to a problem I had..

I have two PCs we'll refer to them as PC1 and PC2. They are on the same network.

I was hosting a server on PC2, and wanted to join it from PC1. Putting my external IP in did not work for myself, but works for others. I had to use the internal IP of PC2, which is 192.168.0.2. Apparently my router won't accept resolving its own IP or something.

@ MP2, I tried it, I hosted the server and gave my external IP to a friend of mine, but he couldn't join.
Then I gave my Ipconfig IP too, it didn't work for him too.

@Sublime, that ipconfig IP works only to me...

@linuxthefish, I can't see it on my client. I just can see my 127.0.0 that ip and the IP found in Ipconfig, not my external IP....

Help me!!

Bump. Need help please!

why don't you attempt using localhost, Also don't post FFS you'll get support when people decide to give it you bumping will get you nowhere.

"Patience is the key"

You messed up port forwarding. Most routers route your external IP back to your computer.

You will not need to port forward, as the connection to the internet is your computer, rather than a router, switch or hub. Your external IP will essentially be a link directly to your computer.

What is your external IP address? Are you sure that is the correct IP address?

Who is your provider? Does your provider allow for connections such as SA-MP, and if not - have they now found a way of blocking the connection requests? (The fact your using a USB Broadband Dongle for hosting a gaming server is beyond me)

Using 'localhost' in the SA-MP client should show you your server. If not, the server is either not running or it's faulting. Using 'localhost' will not even try to connect to the Internet, the computer will automatically resolve 'localhost' using it's local DNS to itself. Therefore, if 'localhost' isn't working, there is definitely something wrong with your server.

My IP is dynamic. And I don't know any reason for the server to change because I had no problem like this about a month ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Mani
Посмотреть сообщение
My IP is dynamic. And I don't know any reason for the server to change because I had no problem like this about a month ago...
So what is it as per http://www.whatsmyip.org/ ?

Upload your server.cfg (remove passwords) somewhere, something might not be right there. 'localhost' as the server hostname should work, and it's not then the fault is the server. [Are you sure the server and client versions match? Is the server 0.3x?]