Harry Potter roleplay? Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioStyles
View Post
Not a bad idea.How would the spells be created ? In the movie,they mostly use wands.What's your idea about this ? And would you be able to fly with brooms or with whatever ?
You would use wands aswell, and I'm pretty sure my scripters could invent a decent flying system for brooms, maybe even Quidditch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.
View Post
I think the biggest problem of the maps is finding objects that fit in this theme. The standard GTA objects aren't really 'magic' if you see what I mean. I didn't read the whole thread, but using custom objects is always a possibility. Since you're planning to use a RP test you can also force players to install a customimg-file. Just pick an edited object and ask players what they're seeing - on that way you can know for sure if someone has the custom-img.
I've got years of experience in mapping and I can create some really good stuff. Also, you can apply textures from different objects to a specific object, which incrases the possibilities of creating a realistic theme (for example, giving a plain wall a brick texture from other object).

I've never been a too big fan of custom objects, because thesedays not many people dig the custom.img, also, it'd be alot easier for me to map the castle rather than make it using custom models.

I'd definetly play.

What would be the main goal though? I mean normally you have a job and earn money in RP servers, how would that work in a wizard school? Will you be able to purchase any property? Of course you could replace the vehicles with brooms and perhaps they could purchase different wands and/or poisons and so on, however I think it will be hard to find things to do. Also, how are you going to create the different type of monsters found in the Harry Potter or similar movies? It will be really hard to get the right theme and enough with things to do for the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstalker
View Post
What would be the main goal though? I mean normally you have a job and earn money in RP servers, how would that work in a wizard school? Will you be able to purchase any property? Of course you could replace the vehicles with brooms and perhaps they could purchase different wands and/or poisons and so on, however I think it will be hard to find things to do. Also, how are you going to create the different type of monsters found in the Harry Potter or similar movies? It will be really hard to get the right theme and enough with things to do for the player.
I think ability to learn and use new spells, attend lessons to learn new stuff, enjoy great meals at Great Hall, earn points for your house to win the School Cup at end of the month, attend dueling club, playing Quidditch, exploring the castle with it's secrets and the surrounding area of it and the overall roleplay interaction with other players would be enough to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
I think ability to learn and use new spells, attend lessons to learn new stuff, enjoy great meals at Great Hall, earn points for your house to win the School Cup at end of the month, attend dueling club, playing Quidditch, exploring the castle with it's secrets and the surrounding area of it and the overall roleplay interaction with other players would be enough to begin with.
Well if you manage to get the right theme then it might work. However, I will remain skeptical until you've proven your team and/or you've got the skills needed to be able to create this theme. With that being said, I wish you good luck and if you manage to create a successful prototype room with some features with the "Harry Potter feeling" then you got my vote for sure. Doing a small prototype shouldn't take a lot of time and if you post it here and let people vote on it then you'll get a good indication on how others feel about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstalker
View Post
Well if you manage to get the right theme then it might work. However, I will remain skeptical until you've proven your team and/or you've got the skills needed to be able to create this theme. With that being said, I wish you good luck and if you manage to create a successful prototype room with some features with the "Harry Potter feeling" then you got my vote for sure. Doing a small prototype shouldn't take a lot of time and if you post it here and let people vote on it then you'll get a good indication on how others feel about it.
Alright, thanks for your opinion

The more unique the more good.

The idea is pretty cool - You'll need to explain how will you give the user the feeling of Harry Potter with GTA:SA objects , Please explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRRoT
View Post
The idea is pretty cool - You'll need to explain how will you give the user the feeling of Harry Potter with GTA:SA objects , Please explain.
I already mentioned that in the comments, you should've read that. You can apply and other objects texture to a another specific object, such as adding a brick texture to a plain wall. That way, you can get the necessary feeling.

It would be a great and unique thing .
I once created a Dragon Ball game mode, and I think that "theme" game modes with unique things are the best , but then only the people interested in that sort of thing would join.

Haha, this would be awesome, but make a special modpack available where all the cars are replaced with BROOM STICKS <3