Trying to remove a full system

Hello everyone !

I'm trying to COMPLETLY remove the car system of a Gamemode, the gamemode is :
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=430334

How can I do this ? I tried to remove everything related to the word "cars" but I always get MAAAAANY errors.

Do you have some tips ?
Thanks a lot.

Hi Kethrios, I truly hope you're doing this for a learning purpose and not going to start up yet another RP edit. I don't know, you might be good at running servers, but edits are everywhere and your GM needs to be unique to succeed. Even if it would've been from scratch it's still a risk that you wouldn't get any players. Now did you read the line which says

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRRoT
Посмотреть сообщение
Note : This script is not recommended for Scripting Beginners.
You might want to download another script which is more beginner friendly and learn from that? Now, you can't just search for "cars" and remove them. You have to remove the functions related to the system as well as variables etc. I would recommend that you learn the basic syntax of Pawn and then try to manipulate a script which is for beginners. Hope everything works out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstalker
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi Kethrios, I truly hope you're doing this for a learning purpose and not going to start up yet another RP edit. I don't know, you might be good at running servers, but edits are everywhere and your GM needs to be unique to succeed. Even if it would've been from scratch it's still a risk that you wouldn't get any players. Now did you read the line which says

You might want to download another script which is more beginner friendly and learn from that? Now, you can't just search for "cars" and remove them. You have to remove the functions related to the system as well as variables etc. I would recommend that you learn the basic syntax of Pawn and then try to manipulate a script which is for beginners. Hope everything works out for you!

Hi Deathstalker !

Firstly, thanks you for taking some time to answer my thread.
Then, I actually don't look to open any server, I just want to test things by myself by touching anything I can. And I had a great Gamemode that a friend of mine gave me last year, which is great, I like it, but is also a bit boring because of bugs which I'm unable to understand, to solve and nobody could help me (even here !).

I know that this script isn't for beginners but... Love have no limits I mean that I enjoy doing some things on this gamemode. Of course I know that I need to delete everything that is related to the "cars" including variables and stuff, the thing is that I don't really know what to start with.

For me, I see a dynamic system as a tree, you have a strong start, and then it goes everywhere, the thing is that, if you remove the strong part, you'll get screwed because every little parts left will stay and you'll pretty much not be able to remove them. But, I guess that I need to delete all this stuff to then remove the strongest part.

The thing is that I don't really know what I should start with.