Some feedback on my web design please

Well I've been working on this for a while now and just figured I'd post it here to get some feedback and see how much further I can go with it. I'm creating this design for a server I've been working on which is obviously called Project Mayhem.

Please bare in mind this is just the design and no coding has been done (yet).
The "forums" button is what all the buttons will look like on hover-over.

Created in Photoshop

Any constructive feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.
Forgot to add, the server will not be roleplaye so keep that in mind giving the feedback. Does this look good enough for a TDM/WAR based server?

This is the outcome after acting on some of the feedback.

Does it look good enough for a war torn server? Picture the background as MT Chiliad after a few missile strikes and nukes

Good One Really Loved it

Well you asked for feedback so lets start with the things I DONT like or Cons.

Cons:
  • The Red Menu bar fails to match the Recent news, it really should if you want this to look like its ment to be together.
  • The 'Mayhem' colours end partway through, maybe place this as a central part of a background (Cant explain this and do not have a photo editor to edit your picture to show you)
  • Social networks should be SAMLLER, and in a corner.. not massive and at the bottem...
  • To my mind the 'Copyright' is way too big
  • You've water marked the background and the more I look at it the more annoying that gets.
  • YOu have a second Navigation Bar.
Pros:
  • Colours match well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
  • You've water marked the background and the more I look at it the more annoying that gets.
If you look closely the image itself is watermarked...

Thanks BlazingKnife
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение

Cons:
  • The Red Menu bar fails to match the Recent news, it really should if you want this to look like its ment to be together.
  • The 'Mayhem' colours end partway through, maybe place this as a central part of a background (Cant explain this and do not have a photo editor to edit your picture to show you)
  • Social networks should be SAMLLER, and in a corner.. not massive and at the bottem...
  • To my mind the 'Copyright' is way too big
  • YOu have a second Navigation Bar.
Pros:
  • Colours match well...
Thanks for that, I'll be working on moving a few things around and resizing a few things too.
About the watermark, yeah I know it's annoying but as this is just the base design anyone could easily take it and move a few things around then claim it as their own. (just like some people be doing with scripts...)

The navigation bar is suppose to look like that. If you mean where it says HOME under the navigation bar, that's suppose to be there too letting the user know what page he/she is on. It will obviously change for other pages.

Thanks for the feedback!

its alright can do with better buttons on the top

i don't like the "copyright" its too big else its good.

It might just be my eyes since they're playing tricks on me today, but I don't think all of the reds are matching.. that's definitely something to think about doing. Obviously the menu bar is supposed to add a bit of white to whichever page you're currently on; the other parts are what I'm really referring to.

I don't like the social icons at the bottom; they look ugly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
It might just be my eyes since they're playing tricks on me today, but I don't think all of the reds are matching.. that's definitely something to think about doing. Obviously the menu bar is supposed to add a bit of white to whichever page you're currently on; the other parts are what I'm really referring to.

I don't like the social icons at the bottom; they look ugly to me.
Thanks everyone for the feedback, will be tweaking it and posting the outcome soon.

Not bad, nice work