Reconnection Bug (Before 0.3x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
View Post
I'm still using 0.3e samp-server.exe instead of R2 for testing purposes in my local server. That's how I "solved" it.

EDIT: I completely forgot about 0.3x! So this is no option unless you're not using any of the new natives.
I am pretty keen on the security updates hermano :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermax7777
View Post
wtf ur signature is so distracting i had to click it, my question why the fck u have a picture with fcken australian comedian with bad teeth on ur petition?.. lol
how do u know u can disable cleo? if they could wouldnt they done it already?

On topic: yeah.. good good idea +support

others: now i want Y_less to edit mysql or samp-server so it doesnt ban me when it crashes :P
"why the fck u" in this community? Do you have respect? That comedian is Chas Licciardello who is a master IRL Troll. Your comment isn't even relevant to the topic. Geez.

Weird. R2 didnt give me this messages. But it came back

It is reasonable to say that clicking the "X" button isn't within the design of the server console, but why? Scripters are used to work like that for years (at least since I started scripting). It's is quite inconvenient for us to repetitively load the game.

As for something like gmx or changemode, I have to say that the initialisation of different scripts will be messed up, due to some code of initialisation is run in filterscripts. I will support reloading the scripts if there is a command that has the same loading sequence as starting the server (load filterscripts and then gamemode). Note that it is not the same as reloadfs + changemode, because players can still play in the server when the filterscript is reloaded, so that the data can be messed up.

But the most important thing for the need of fixing this problem, is that players who are disconnected from the server due to network problem, will be fake banned by the server when they simply wait at the screen of loading at Santa Maria Beach for reconnection to the server. Players have always been complaining that they are banned without any reason, while they are not banned but encountered this bug.

It is a serious problem because some players may think they really get banned without any reason, they may criticise that the server bans players without reason in public, which can lead to loss of players.

I really hope that it can be fixed.

Edit:
I just noticed that the developed reconnection command, which bans your IP and unban when you are disconnected so as to make you reconnect to the server, will get you fake banned.
Unless there is a reconnect function, the bug should be fixed.

GMX induces more bugs to be created, that is why most server devs use the close option (which is the exact same as sending the command 'close'.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
View Post
It is reasonable to say that clicking the "X" button isn't within the design of the server console, but why? Scripters are used to work like that for years (at least since I started scripting). It's is quite inconvenient for us to repetitively load the game.
Then you have been doing it wrong for years. The "X" button is a Windows feature that closes the command prompt enclosing the server directly. This forces all processes running within the console (i.e. the SA:MP server) to end instantly, and doesn't perform any clean shutdown like calling "OnGameModeExit". Instead, you should use the "exit" command inside the console if you want a clean shutdown (and this will in turn nicely inform all clients that the server has ended).

Quote:
View Post
As for something like gmx or changemode, I have to say that the initialisation of different scripts will be messed up, due to some code of initialisation is run in filterscripts. I will support reloading the scripts if there is a command that has the same loading sequence as starting the server (load filterscripts and then gamemode). Note that it is not the same as reloadfs + changemode, because players can still play in the server when the filterscript is reloaded, so that the data can be messed up.
If you script is THAT reliant on the load order of scripts, then use "SendRconCommand" within your main mode to shut down filterscripts correctly when you use "changemode".

Quote:
View Post
But the most important thing for the need of fixing this problem, is that players who are disconnected from the server due to network problem, will be fake banned by the server when they simply wait at the screen of loading at Santa Maria Beach for reconnection to the server. Players have always been complaining that they are banned without any reason, while they are not banned but encountered this bug.
This IS an actual problem, but 90% of the people who complain about this bug are scripters constantly (and incorrectly) reconnecting - for average players it's a much smaller problem (unless you have data to the contrary), which is why it hasn't been addressed.

Are you people for real? Why not use gmx / changemode like everyone else does? For fucks sake. Been developing for years using this method and never gave me any problem whatsoever. And yes I also use MySQL, and no, no problems, WHATSOEVER.

Just close this thread, it's not SA-MP's fault that people can't use proper methods to develop their scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRuXe
View Post
Are you people for real? Why not use gmx / changemode like everyone else does? For fucks sake. Been developing for years using this method and never gave me any problem whatsoever. And yes I also use MySQL, and no, no problems, WHATSOEVER.

Just close this thread, it's not SA-MP's fault that people can't use proper methods to develop their scripts.
exit = 95% chance of the bug
gmx = 50% chance of the bug

Read the comments, and yes. We are for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
Then you have been doing it wrong for years. The "X" button is a Windows feature that closes the command prompt enclosing the server directly. This forces all processes running within the console (i.e. the SA:MP server) to end instantly, and doesn't perform any clean shutdown like calling "OnGameModeExit". Instead, you should use the "exit" command inside the console if you want a clean shutdown (and this will in turn nicely inform all clients that the server has ended).

If you script is THAT reliant on the load order of scripts, then use "SendRconCommand" within your main mode to shut down filterscripts correctly when you use "changemode".

This IS an actual problem, but 90% of the people who complain about this bug are scripters constantly (and incorrectly) reconnecting - for average players it's a much smaller problem (unless you have data to the contrary), which is why it hasn't been addressed.
I understand, I used to close the server like that because the server does exactly the same as the "exit" command do in Windows XP, but not Windows 7.

It doesn't matter what the order of unloading the filterscripts and the gamemode, but loading it.
I'm not really sure if filterscripts can load before the gamemode if they're loaded by sending a "loadfs" command to the server in OnGameModeInit. You may be right, because I can have a try to reload the filterscripts after restarting the gamemode to see if there is any bug.

For players, maybe you haven't received much complaints from players, but I usually got some reports on that problem. Also, the problem makes the reconnect command doesn't work, since the player will probably (I can nearly say every time) get fake banned. They will have to reload the game to rejoin the server.

Not to mention about the problem that players may think they're really banned, they are still inconvenient to rebuild connection with the server when they are desynced due to network problem (which can't send most of the command). Every time a player loses connection, they will receive "you are banned" message unless they go to the GTA:SA menu and wait. If it is a problem that cause inconvenience on multiple things, why shouldn't it be considered to be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
This very rarely happens if you use changemode instead of closing the server (especially when done with "x" instead of "exit").
If I exit the console of samp and restart it, everybody gets the message that he is banned from the server.
BUT: After exiting the console, go back ingame, wait a few seconds and then start the console again. The chance that you get the message again is lower. (but not 0)
I think this is deliberated by Kye to prevent fast connects or something, because in server.log is nothing about a connection. For me this message is annoying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyNiC
View Post
Support, annoying bug!
Support too!