Reconnection Bug (Before 0.3x)

Hi, I know that this thread would most probably get locked but anyway SA-MP 0.3e R2 had increased the occurrence of the ban bug (when you crash, the client tries to reconnect but is stopped as it says "You are banned from this server.")

This means every time I compile my script I have to close my server AND my GTA client and reconnect which quite frankly ain't fun to do when you are testing a small feature.

Also, my server has too many invalid ban reports because of this increase. If there is anything that can be done would be nice.

I agree, this has caused a lot of problems regarding people complaining about being banned when they are not, and when reconnecting to a server.

I'd love this to be fixed, I have the same problem, when I am coding a new update, I reboot the server, then having to restart SA-MP cause of the bug.

Support, annoying bug!

Agree, Hope this bug will be removed in 0.3x

This really needs to be 'fixed'.
+1

Support! +9

I used 0.3e R1 instead of R2 as it happened more during R2, but I can't really get away from using 0.3x!

Well, that would be an option if only the MySQL plugin wouldn't randomly crash on a gmx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Well, that would be an option if only the MySQL plugin wouldn't randomly crash on a gmx.
As OnPlayerDisconnect is called on OnGamemodeExit, we're submitting queries to an invalid connection thus it supposedly is crashing (because we close the connection with mysql_close.) Not SA-MP's fault xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
This very rarely happens if you use changemode instead of closing the server (especially when done with "x" instead of "exit").
As Vince said. Closing the server is really not an option to MySQL users, at least for me.

This very rarely happens if you use changemode instead of closing the server (especially when done with "x" instead of "exit").

It happens every time not rarely, every single time the "samp_server" is close and started up again (restarted) will couse that.And then I fu have minimised the game and go back to u it u will be banned.
But 1 way to by pass is if u close the server go back ingame, wait for the "retrying to connect" message and then start up and you will not get banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by park4bmx
View Post
It happens every time not rarely, every single time the "samp_server" is close and started up again (restarted) will couse that.And then I fu have minimised the game and go back to u it u will be banned.
But 1 way to by pass is if u close the server go back ingame, wait for the "retrying to connect" message and then start up and you will not get banned.
That because you close and restart it, instead of reloading the mode! The server is not meant to be shut down using "x" EVER - even when players aren't connecting. Basically you're doing things wrong then complaining that it doesn't work.

As for the MySQL plugin, I've said this before too - you realise it IS open source, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
That because you close and restart it, instead of reloading the mode! The server is not meant to be shut down using "x" EVER - even when players aren't connecting. Basically you're doing things wrong then complaining that it doesn't work.

As for the MySQL plugin, I've said this before too - you realise it IS open source, right?
We are not c++ coders. You realise that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
We are not c++ coders. You realise that, right?
Whatever you do. Do NOT bother even looking at it. Don't try to educate yourself even a little. Just complain until someone does it for you!

Why not jump back to the topic of fixing this bug before I have some moderator PM me again that my thread has been locked due to arguments or whatnot.

P.S I saw KyleSmith's comment was deleted.

I'm still using 0.3e samp-server.exe instead of R2 for testing purposes in my local server. That's how I "solved" it.

EDIT: I completely forgot about 0.3x! So this is no option unless you're not using any of the new natives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
View Post
I'm still using 0.3e samp-server.exe instead of R2 for testing purposes in my local server. That's how I "solved" it.
This is how I solved it too!

It would be nice if we could disable the sa-mp ban system for us who have custom ones, then there is a way to get rid of this

It's more annoying when it happens when a player times out and gets this message. Most sa-mp players don't actually understand and they think they are actually banned when this happens.

Would be awesome if it was fixed somehow .

I also agree it must get fixed