Yoga or Working Out?

I basically work out a lot, and my teachers or someone always talk about how Yoga releases your stress and helps you keep fit. I decided to open this to the SA-MP community to get your thoughts in which one you think is better, so choose one of them in the poll, or you can just reply with any other work-out technique you have.

Hit da gym lift dem weights...
lol

Street workout!

Paying for a gym? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXservers
Посмотреть сообщение
Street workout!

Paying for a gym? LOL
Cried laughing at that

Well yoga is more for stress-relief than it is for fitness. Sure, it is a mild form of physical activity which is better than doing nothing, but if you want to lose weight or get fit then yoga isn't the way to go.

Do yoga , because if you gym to early , your growth will be stunted and you will be short for a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBuuren
Посмотреть сообщение
Do yoga , because if you gym to early , your growth will be stunted and you will be short for a long time!
Once you grow to your certain age you won't grow anymore like 18-21 then you should lift weights not when your like 6 years old..

I would think working out with weights and performing strenuous physical activities would keep you by far more fit than yoga would anyday.

Yoga is for woman.
I go to gym twice a week and boxing around 2-3 a week. Keeps your mind clear and free of stress.

You don't have to go to the gym really, weights aren't that expensive.

swimming is good for physical health too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
View Post
You don't have to go to the gym really, weights aren't that expensive.
His own body weight is free.

Yoga won't give you muscles If you want fit (Muscles) go for Gym, if you want stress free, fit in mind. Go with yoga.

It's smarter to go to the gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_king
View Post
Yoga won't give you muscles If you want fit (Muscles) go for Gym, if you want stress free, fit in mind. Go with yoga.
Agreed

Working out for sure. I just bought a new UFC training bag.

Lol nice Joshua.

Martial arts = yoga + workout in one.

Work out>>Gym ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_king
View Post
Muscles are not the same thing as fitness, you can be strong and unfit (body builders) or fit and weak (women*).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon
View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXservers
View Post
Street workout!

Paying for a gym? LOL
Cried laughing at that
Not sure why you're lauging at that - I've never been to a gym in my life as I do all my training outside (I even run classes of it). Bodyweight excercises are brilliant and there are loads of ways to make them harder for yourself such as going through a greater range of motion (e.g. full dead hang -> chin on pullups instead of the pitiful range most people call a pullup, or go to full muscle-ups), removing a limb, carrying another person, wearing a weighted vest (though then you're not using body weight).

* Note: I'm talking relative to males here, so yes women are weaker on average.