Funny Un-true computer related things

What are some funny things you've heard people say about computers, or beliefs that they have had about just general things that are obviously not true.

for me there are two that come to mind:

The IT administrator at my middle school said that the internet would fill up eventually. yeah, he did. he is also still the IT person at that school, I'm pretty tempted to post his email here for you all to have fun spamming it but I'm sure there would be some legal charges.

Also, one of my teachers last year said that their professor was completely convinced that wall outlets (in the USA) produced 120 Volts DC! (for those of you who aren't in the USA, 120 Volts AC is the main standard for wall outlets. I'm sure that most of you know that 120 Volts DC would be just a crazy amount of power)

So what are some funny stories that you all have heard, been a part of over your lives?

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=294866

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
That.

Telling my I.T. teacher I run multiple servers from home, he said "You can't do that, servers are huge boxes that cost tens of thousands."

Facepalmed irl

lol @ ppl thinking that quicksort is the quickest

I had an "IT" (that term is used very loosely) tell me that deleting shortcuts off of the desktop would keep the computer from lagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
Telling my I.T. teacher I run multiple servers from home, he said "You can't do that, servers are huge boxes that cost tens of thousands."

Facepalmed irl
You probably should have explained that "servers" are centralized resources, and not necessarily a machine.

Yea'... Being able to design and code websites, C#, vB and still failing I.T in school... Made me laugh, but my teacher knew I was better than him so...

Quote:

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 19 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

My sir thought ASP was a GUI APP for designing websites like dreamweawer and he thought PHP was an alternative to HTML (diff syntaxs and stuff (not using HTML code)))

Visual Basic, endof.

Someone who asked how to download gaphic cards. (yes, that was on these forums).