Reputations

lol @snipa, some times it's better to not say anything than say something.
Kids this days only know how to -rep. Also try to find those kids who -repped you and -rep them back.

You can give ~5 reps at once whether is positive/negative.

There are also a lot of upcoming new servers on their way (like my own). And unfortunately, as you can see, I just don't have the rep to even begin to help my own community by advertising. Though I happily float around the website on a daily basis, commenting and providing help/suggestions, it's down to users discretion whether or not they wish to reward someone with rep, and a lot of the time, people don't seem to be bothered or care to do so

P.s. I will cry you a river if you ask me to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleduck
Посмотреть сообщение
There are also a lot of upcoming new servers on their way (like my own). And unfortunately, as you can see, I just don't have the rep to even begin to help my own community by advertising. Though I happily float around the website on a daily basis, commenting and providing help/suggestions, it's down to users discretion whether or not they wish to reward someone with rep, and a lot of the time, people don't seem to be bothered or care to do so

P.s. I will cry you a river if you ask me to
I fully agree with you about the Server Advertising. But back in the day where no reps where needed to advertise, the forum was fully of servers that where of bad quality servers and ever worse servers the where hosted from home where the owner would old open the server when they where online. The Rep to advertise is the best way to help the spam of "crappy" servers. If you server a server advert posted by someone with low reps then you can probably make the assumption that is not going to be a flashy server, But if you see a server advertised by for example =WoR=G4M3Ov3r or =WoR=Varth, with high reps there is a higher change they have a unique, and high quality server.

Also User discretion is a grey area. I have seen and know users who comment in the "Everything and Nothing" area on fake accounts to bring up the post count to be able to rep their real accounts (I report it of cause) People should understand if someone has gone out of their way to help you, and answered your question, or helped you to find the right answers, the right thing to do is show your appreciative by giving them a rep.

That's my opinion anyways.

This is helpful!

Useful

helpfull!!!!!

Thanks for the informations

Samp forum users should read this to avoid misunderstand/problems in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
View Post
Ideally you need a subtract reputation button. That way you can penalise anyone asking for reputation, and more importantly you can penalise anyone actually giving them it when asked!
We had that, remember? It was fun, a whole lot of fun. Just people going around -repping everyone fur teh lulz xDxdXDXd.

We need that shit back, I loved those hate messages like "Fuck you and everything you stand for!" or the classic "omg ur such a trol go dye in a fier!"

Reputation begging

Lol I thought that +rep means +reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristolisTV
View Post
Lol I thought that +rep means +reply
And that's how you breathe new life into a one year old topic. A very nice reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis1
View Post
And that's how you breathe new life into a one year old topic. A very nice reply...
And that's how you shitpost.
- I used to think rep was reply as well, lol.