Reputations

I've seen over 20 Threads by people, begging and spamming for Reputation points, here's how it goes, and Read this before you ask for Reputation points.

How to give a Reputation point:
  • To give a reputation point you have to click on the star under the member's avatar
The first way to get Reputation points:
  • You should be able to help people all over the forums, Especially in Scripting Discussion, once you help someone, that someone will give you a +Rep, which will Increase your Points by 1 reputation or more.
Second method:
  • Post a map/filterscript/gamemode/include, or ANY kind of scripts YOU'VE done, and not scripted by someone else, and claiming its yours, this would be STEALING, and taking credit of someone else's work.
  • After you have posted some of your works, people will find it helpful, or worth of using on their server(s), They'll give you a +rep.
Requirements:
  • The person should have AT LEAST 50 posts to be able to give a reputation point, else It'll show as GREY on your UCP, and it won't show under your avatar.
  • Reputation points are mostly used on Server Advertisement, and you only have 1 post/month, so don't spam, else it will end with a forum ban, or your reputation points will be set to zero, as stated by Dugi.
If i missed something please post it and I'll add it.

This thread was basically made, because I'm sick of people PMing me, and other members for +Reps, And if we're nice and we give a +rep to someone, we get spammed for it... This has to end.

Thank You for reading.

I think the desire to give reputation to someone have to be spontaneous, in the portuguese area the people offers +rep to ensure help in your questions topics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyNiC
Посмотреть сообщение
I think the desire to give reputation to someone have to be spontaneous, in the portuguese area the people offers +rep to ensure help in your questions topics...
LOL really? Rep trade? LAWL but fair
is it like NO HELP NO REP there? i think that will soon replace NO MONEY NO HONEY xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MNC]Azz
Посмотреть сообщение
LOL really? Rep trade? LAWL but fair
is it like NO HELP NO REP there? i think that will soon replace NO MONEY NO HONEY xD
Rep trade shouldn't even happen, Reputations are useless, but it shows how much help you can provide people with, and you need em for your server advertisement, and NOTHING, will replace my No Money, No Honey, comment.. And no more off topic sentences, please.

What's the point of getting reputation except for being able to write a bloody server advertisement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-O-Seven
Посмотреть сообщение
What's the point of getting reputation except for being able to write a bloody server advertisement?
In case if the min. rep required for posting advert. is 100.

reputation should show that you have made quality posts

How about if forum admin will add an group for HQ members? like they can rep other members atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodPecker
Посмотреть сообщение
How about if forum admin will add an group for HQ members? like they can rep other members atm.
Its useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodPecker
View Post
We just need tougher rules.
I've sent almost 5 - 10 spam report but I saw no further action taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varthshenon
View Post
I quit sending reports because they are never dealt with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varthshenon
View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
I quit sending reports because they are never dealt with.
I hope any moderator see this (Tho' it's not the right topic for this).

a question! why t reputation?! what happen if we get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by persia_gamer
View Post
a question! why t reputation?! what happen if we get it?
You can advertise a server with 2 rep.

aha ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
View Post
Ideally you need a subtract reputation button. That way you can penalise anyone asking for reputation, and more importantly you can penalise anyone actually giving them it when asked!
Like "Bad Reputation" button, with post count and date registered limit.

Can someone give two reputations to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
View Post
I would say reputation limited, anyone can spam posts. Reputation is a slightly more meaningful representation of a person's contribution - on average anyway. Currently it's fairly meaningless in the low numbers if people are giving away a few for free, but anyone with more than 5 or 10 probably earned them in some way*.

* Disclaimer: I am aware that talking about the accuracy of reputations above 10 is a little big-headed coming from me (I'm not sure why I'm above Kye - seriously, if you want to give away points for free go give them to him), but frankly I couldn't care less about my score. I was tempted to post two server adverts at once to have it reset, but a ban would have been an equally likely outcome.
But no one can fake register date.
Perhaps, give 10 reputation for each people. If someone give reputation to the other one, the one that give a reputation will loss 0.5/1 reputation. So in that way reputation will be more meaningful.

Guys can you give me Reputation points.At least 2 will be enough for me.I want to advertise my server.I dont even have reputation points.So can you guys give me some.

Oh Sorry.Ok I understand.