What Would Happen?

What would happen if I where to add a UCP to my server which is NHRP?

Would the Player base be Affected?

MySQL is needed for a UCP else you must work with file system and that is not working so well. I recommend yuo to learn PHP and some CSS and make your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsbon1
Посмотреть сообщение
MySQL is needed for a UCP else you must work with file system and that is not working so well. I recommend yuo to learn PHP and some CSS and make your own.
It is completely possible to make a file based UCP system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskoft
Посмотреть сообщение
You're wrong.

They can be accessed via FTP; what do you think you're saying?

FTP://ip.ip.ip.ip

*Facepalm* I never asked those questions, I asked "would the Playerbase be affected if I added a UCP?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
You're wrong.

They can be accessed via FTP; what do you think you're saying?

FTP://ip.ip.ip.ip
.ini based ucp.
Its possible, I have one... That uses files and no mysql.
might release it one day...

on topic:
No UCP wont change your playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskoft
Посмотреть сообщение
He didn't say it's impossible, he said it won't work as well - and he's right, because unless you want to host the UCP in the same directory as your SA:MP server under the same user account (generally), then you'll have to remotely download the data from your server using FTP and most likely a cron job, or load them as you go. So either you have a delay on user data and sync from your web server and game server (if you want read/write functionality and not just read) or you have a delay on load time.

MySQL is usually always the better choice in this situation because it will both load and update instantly, and even if you're loading it from a remote database, it's still much faster than loading it through old fashioned FTP.

Just saying.

On topic: It would probably increase your player base, people like UCPs and fancy web stuff. Make sure you have signatures as well - it'll both get the word out about your server and dedicated players love showing off their stats

UCPs are generally for players who have already been there awhile, so don't expect instant satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
Посмотреть сообщение
He didn't say it's impossible, he said it won't work as well - and he's right, because unless you want to host the UCP in the same directory as your SA:MP server under the same user account (generally), then you'll have to remotely download the data from your server using FTP and most likely a cron job, or load them as you go. So either you have a delay on user data and sync from your web server and game server (if you want read/write functionality and not just read) or you have a delay on load time.

MySQL is usually always the better choice in this situation because it will both load and update instantly, and even if you're loading it from a remote database, it's still much faster than loading it through old fashioned FTP.

Just saying.

On topic: It would probably increase your player base, people like UCPs and fancy web stuff. Make sure you have signatures as well - it'll both get the word out about your server and dedicated players love showing off their stats
Oh I see, well ye FTP shi will have a delay, or slow down a server ;p