Why so much rp servers?

Roleplaying is very awesome, and scripting it can be awesome too.
I think the only good gamemodes you can make (known, not new ideas) Sumo Servers, Racing Servers, Destruction Derby and Roleplay.

I like GTA because off the roleplaying facts. If i want to DM i go on black ops go camping in a conour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana
Посмотреть сообщение
want to be a police officer? roleplay it, everyone will help you.
Yeah right .. I tried that once, joining the police faction in a RP server. They require you to have some actual police experience in the real world. Getting into the police force in any decent populated RP server is near to impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
It's in a more relaxed environment, and it's great for those who suck at shooting and don't want to be killed as soon as they connect to the server. Most RP servers implement a controlled way of being able to DM (playing paintball), cops and robbers (but you get arrested) and you can race and whatnot.

Servers like Next Generation Gaming are popular because they're more like this, they don't force you to RP everything, whereas LS-RP is the inverse of this.
Next Gen got closed down, because the owner was too pathetic, to threaten to steal the players from another server, and things went down, and now NG-RP isn't coming back, fact of life.

Wait are you talking about next generation roleplay they are still up.

NGRP is one of hundreds RP server, so is LSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getty154
Посмотреть сообщение
Next Gen got closed down, because the owner was too pathetic, to threaten to steal the players from another server, and things went down, and now NG-RP isn't coming back, fact of life.
NG-RP is still up, with 350+ people too.

I don't know where you get your information from, but you are highly misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
Посмотреть сообщение
Most of you may like RP servers, but I don't like to so much.
As some of you said, some noobs find some successful RP servers and they want to make one. However they don't have much programming skills so they all use GF edits. That make me bored of playing servers with 90% the same script.
There're so many noob servers with their admins banning the players that they don't like, and they misuse their power too much.

I've played a RP server. I tried to find a job to earn some money, but the job checkpoint is far from my place. So guess what? There's no public transport and I have to steal a car to go there or I'll have to spend an hour to run to there.
I've to admit that some RP scripts are good and unique, but many GF edits are using the systems that is outdated (IMO they are for 0.2 only, or even 0.1) that is quite hard to use. Since they're old, they spams the chat box so much. They say they can RP everything, but actually they don't even RP a complete public transport network for new hands. If there's fewer bad RP servers that will be much better.

Therefore, I'd rather create a freeroam + RP script that you can choose to RP, stunting, deathmatching, touring, adventuring, etc.. You won't get killed because the HP is locked by script, while you can kill other people in war zones.
Combining the advantages of non-RP and RP scripts would be perfect.
Although I Like roleplaying, and i'm making my own script, I must agree with that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochemd
Посмотреть сообщение
If you want to DM, go play COD or whatever. GTA San Andreas has the freedom to walk everywhere, so great for Roleplay? Anyway, AFAIK, not much games got this freedom (Just Cause?)
So for freedom, I'd rather prefer freeroam lol...
I agree with what Steven82 said. Players want to have a different life that it's impossible in real life.
People can hardly kill other people, play stunts, and even racing in real life.
So is that great to only put the normal lives into game? I guess not. You must add some features that you can hardly be done in real life. Just like The Sims, it seems to be RPing the whole real life, but actually it includes buying and designing your houses, which is quite difficult to be done IRL.

Still, those people who sucks at shooting/stunting/racing will say DM/Stunting/Racing/Freeroam sucks and RP rocks, blablabla.

RP gives You Time to Do anything and feel what its like to be a gangster or a cop and its realistic
looks real more fun
but other make u hate life i guess thats what others meant

Some are really young and think they can't control their lives, their parents control them. So when they play RP, they have fun shaping their own life in the way THEY want it.

ehm.. Gaming has always been unrealistic and will always be unrealistic..

And its just your own opinion about what you like the most dm or rp or whatever kind of mode.

I love RP!
I don't like DM/CnR cuz u get killed once u die.
Then in Race, its boring as u just race on like less than 5 tracks.
I kinda like Freeroam as u are free to do anything!

People just seem to like RolePlay more?

Personally, I have not seen a roleplay server to my standards. It's either it's played and managed correctly or not.

Majority of these roleplay servers are filled with everything a roleplay server should not have. Such a downside.

Roleplay is dead. Much respect to the older members who are actually opening up RP servers that are original and unique.

It's also lame to see people opening the same old edit servers, putting "Grand Opening" and "Starter Packs" or "vBulletin forums" in your thread title, thinking it'll attract players. Hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Roleplay is dead. Much respect to the older members who are actually opening up RP servers that are original and unique.

It's also lame to see people opening the same old edit servers, putting "Grand Opening" and "Starter Packs" or "vBulletin forums" in your thread title, thinking it'll attract players. Hah.
^ This. Apparently, no one realized that you guys are bumping a 2 year old thread.

Its because of education that doesnt support the idea of being creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_Emilio
Посмотреть сообщение
Its because of education that doesnt support the idea of being creative
Amen.

I agree with you dude, it's fucking stupid, crappy and annoying while even zombie servers get changed to rping.
Personally I don't find anything cool in playing like a nerd for 1-2 years to get a house or a car, saying "/me took morphine from the tablet and injected it in the injured guy" etc. Why do you guys like it?