Why so much rp servers?

Can anyone tell me why there are tons of RP-servers?
IMO Its boring as hell.. but what do you think about RP?

Why so many useless topics? This question has been asked already , lots of times...

Just search. Anyway, I guess because there are lots of roleplay releases like Vortex and others. some people are too lazy to learn to script , so they just simply download a roleplay gamemode.

Because they see a successful roleplay server with many players and they want to make one too.
But fail.

And yeah , personally I don't like RP either.

No, I hate rp.. its so boring..

But can somebody tell me what they like in a RP-server?

It's in a more relaxed environment, and it's great for those who suck at shooting and don't want to be killed as soon as they connect to the server. Most RP servers implement a controlled way of being able to DM (playing paintball), cops and robbers (but you get arrested) and you can race and whatnot.

Servers like Next Generation Gaming are popular because they're more like this, they don't force you to RP everything, whereas LS-RP is the inverse of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
It's in a more relaxed environment, and it's great for those who suck at shooting and don't want to be killed as soon as they connect to the server. Most RP servers implement a controlled way of being able to DM (playing paintball), cops and robbers (but you get arrested) and you can race and whatnot.

Servers like Next Generation Gaming are popular because they're more like this, they don't force you to RP everything, whereas LS-RP is the inverse of this.
Agree with him

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

You got a point, bro

Players who play samp for competition (DM) are just fools. The network code is so awful you cant call anyone a better shooter than other - they even invented this thing called lagshoot, or what was it.
Want to compete in beeing better than others?
Play QL.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxRy09GgjCA[/ame]
Want to be better as a team than opposite team?
Play CS, COD, ET.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGFn10oZsk[/ame]
Look how huge San Andreas map is, I am sure the developers meant it to be a small virtual world. Why the people walk on streets in single player? Why there is traffic in single player?

I guess you can dig out the answer to your main question from my post, if not then - GTA:SA is perfect for RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewing_Gum
Посмотреть сообщение
Players who play samp for competition (DM) are just fools. The network code is so awful you cant call anyone a better shooter than other - they even invented this thing called lagshoot, or what was it.
Want to compete in beeing better than others?
Play QL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxRy09GgjCA
Want to be better as a team than opposite team?
Play CS, COD, ET.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGFn10oZsk
Look how huge San Andreas map is, I am sure the developers meant it to be a small virtual world. Why the people walk on streets in single player? Why there is traffic in single player?

I guess you can dig out the answer to your main question from my post, if not then - GTA:SA is perfect for RP.
Totally agree thats what I am talking about, GTA SA is not for FPS

Actually, the reason why there are so many servers is quite simple.
The so-called 'Noobs' who start servers, start servers to have power, to be in control over other people.
Now, if you'd take a quick look at the SA-MP server list, you'd see that a lot of the most popular/most visited servers are RP servers.

Add those two together, and you get a shitload of GF edits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_Pantovic
Посмотреть сообщение
RolePlay game mode type is the only type of mode that only samp has.
Have you played any other games before? Roleplaying isn't unique to SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfish
Посмотреть сообщение
No, I hate rp.. its so boring..

But can somebody tell me what they like in a RP-server?
Well i like it as you can be whoever the f*ck you wantXD Also because not many people can rp anymore these days, sow i like to show my rp'ing skills, + the fact that you can build up a live, getting succesfull, riding expensive cars, owning expensive houses.
Or just walk around rp'ing as a bum asking everyone for some change.
That's what i like about RP

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
"and it's great for those who suck at shooting"
That one fits to me. I play RP because I suck at DM. Maybe it's my notebook? Noh it probably isn't. No, on seconds thought, since I'm using notebooks -Only one a time ofc.- I became more worse in deathmatching.
I am roleplaying because I use a notebook o_O

Not to bragg... but..... It took me only 2 seconds to process that sentance.

Roleplay is the best even kye is fan of it, U can hav the most fun in roleplay servers coz of u can do anything u want it contains all genres freeroam/strategy/dm/tm/racing as rpg so its the vb

Why do you need to add 'even Kye is fan of it' xD. By the way, maybe another reason why there are so much roleplay server: Some people -the next does only count for people with unique GM's- wanna make it to.. I don
't know, to show their skills or something? :P

Some people can RP so they playing RP servers, some people cant RP so they play DM servers.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Can anyone tell me why there are tons of RP-servers?
IMO Its boring as hell.. but what do you think about RP?
Roleplay is for epic people. Unlike you Mr. Noob.

RP is awesome, but it has a bad reputation cause of all the wannabees and their lame servers flooding the master list. If it wasn't for RP, I wouldn't been playing SA-MP.

There are some excellent scripts out there, unfortunately, those servers are empty cause they are not based on PEN1/GF.

Today I joined some RP servers.. I got kicked several times..
kick 1: 'your name is not RP enough'
kick 2 and the rest of the kick reasons: 'wrong answer' at the fucking questions when you try to join it..
Ok this is going to sound noobish but yea.. there was a question: Do you know what RP is? I answered NO, then I got kicked.. 'wrong answer'?? IMO that was the right answer? I don't know so much about RP so.. why didn't the server just tell me? But best of all, after that I joined an other RP server with the same questions!
I truly believe you guys like role-play, but just like you said.. 13 year old guys who host a GF edit or something..
And yes the ones who made the RP are good scripters, I can't deny that..
About the lagshoot: I have played MTA too, but they don't have that lagshoot, and I really hope the SA-MP Team can make that possible too.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Today I joined some RP servers.. I got kicked several times..
kick 1: 'your name is not RP enough'
kick 2 and the rest of the kick reasons: 'wrong answer' at the fucking questions when you try to join it..
Ok this is going to sound noobish but yea.. there was a question: Do you know what RP is? I answered NO, then I got kicked.. 'wrong answer'?? IMO that was the right answer? I don't know so much about RP so.. why didn't the server just tell me? But best of all, after that I joined an other RP server with the same questions!
I truly believe you guys like role-play, but just like you said.. 13 year old guys who host a GF edit or something..
And yes the ones who made the RP are good scripters, I can't deny that..
About the lagshoot: I have played MTA too, but they don't have that lagshoot, and I really hope the SA-MP Team can make that possible too.
You got kicked for a wrong name which should be in format of Firstname_LastName, if it does say wrong answer it gotta be wrong mate.

All tho it is easy to learn roleplay, if you have dreams, Dream to be someone can be easily roleplayed in roleplay server, want to be a rapper? roleplay it, want to be a police officer? roleplay it, everyone will help you.