SA-MP 0.3c in development

I'm happy to announce that SA-MP 0.3c is now in development and we have some long requested features on the way.

Colour Embedding

Servers can now format messages to contain embedded colours in chat text.

The colour embedding also works in 3D Text labels and dialogs.

The return of custom license plates

The car license plate system has been redesigned and now every vehicle in the game can have a custom license plate. The license plate text can also contain embedded colours.

Server control of vehicle engines, lights, car alarms, boots, bonnets, door locking.

The server can now take full control of the vehicle's engine and lights, meaning they can be conditionally enabled or prevented from being turned on. We also added server control over the boot, bonnet and car alarm.

Particle objects

New object IDs have been added which can be used to create particles. These use the same functions as normal server objects, so they can be worked in with existing streamers. There are over 80 different particle types available which is all the available particle types in GTA: San Andreas. I know there are quite a few servers that want to get their fire departments working, so here is an example of a house fire created on the server with particle objects:

Stunting primitives and additional objects

Thanks to Matite and co. over at GamerX server, SA-MP 0.3c will include some new object IDs which can be used as additional stunting objects for mappers. These include tubes, curved roads, new ramps etc.

And, since there is still time before release, we've got a few more features planned for SA-MP 0.3c that we'll announce at a later date. So stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm happy to announce that SA-MP 0.3c is now in development and we have some long enabled or prevented from being turned on.
Does this mean, that for RP engine systems, we can instead of freezing players (which can be open to a lot of un-freezing abuse sometimes) that we can just toggle the engine off, and they can't drive?

I also like the particle object part.

As for the rest, epic stuff.

Awesome dude!

looks awesome so far, keep up the good work!

sweet, loving the car lights/engine controls, and colors in text!

Pro shit.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN RELEASE IT, I WILL TRYIT ALL!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Awesome!

And burridge, as i read, the engine can now be turned on/off.

Also, please don't rush with 0.3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMPGammer
Посмотреть сообщение
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN RELEASE IT, I WILL TRYIT ALL!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
I am almost as excited as this fellow forum user. Except from the myriad of exclamation marks. Any chance for a train/tram path editor?

Simply AWESOME! Can't wait to use all new features daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie
Посмотреть сообщение
I am almost as excited as this fellow forum user. Except from the myriad of exclamation marks. Any chance for a train/tram path editor?
If this are posible, the SA-MP developers are the king of programation.

oh it's very good news, i very like it. thanks SA-MP Team.

Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burridge
Посмотреть сообщение
Does this mean, that for RP engine systems, we can instead of freezing players (which can be open to a lot of un-freezing abuse sometimes) that we can just toggle the engine off, and they can't drive?
As for the rest, epic stuff.
Yes.

As for the other person who asked the tram line question... I tried to fix that before (eg get the other tracks working) and it is not as easy as you think due to the way GTASA works (it puts the spawned/streamed in vehicle on the closest node on the tracks which is not always the correct rail line, one day I will try again but it isn't mega-important for now).

PS SAMP ftw.Thanks Kalcor for all your hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matite
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes.
Thanks for the reply, Matite. - Will make engine systems a lot better

Awesome ! good to hear sa-mp is still going

nice nice like you

Wow, looks like some awesome work there, can't wait, I've been wanting those features for a while now

Keep Up The Good Work Team :P

I was impressed very very good

This is so awesome! thanks all developers for putting so mutch hard work into this!