Frequently Asked Questions [READ THIS BEFORE POSTING]

I believe it's not if the money you earn is done by 'donating', however forcing players to give you money to play is not allowed as far as I know.

My question:

Do you require any school-level experience to script? Such as IT Lessons, PHP Coding lessons, etc? Or anyone could start a script without having such degrees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cena44
View Post
I believe it's not if the money you earn is done by 'donating', however forcing players to give you money to play is not allowed as far as I know.

My question:

Do you require any school-level experience to script? Such as IT Lessons, PHP Coding lessons, etc? Or anyone could start a script without having such degrees?
If you mean PAWNO, then I don't think so, I didn't have it and I learned PAWNO, so good luck learning.

Perhaps smilies should be disabled at the main post, because of the 127.0.0.1:port; The '1:port' now became '1*Smiley*ort'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woet
View Post
If it's home hosted, the IP (just for you) is 127.0.0.1:port (port is usually 7777)
FTFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweez
View Post
Is it legal to earn money from a samp server?
I think yes its legal thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
View Post
If you mean PAWNO, then I don't think so, I didn't have it and I learned PAWNO, so good luck learning.
Yeah. The program is called PAWNO. The language is PAWN. Have a nice day.

I cant open this link:-http://www.typefish.co.uk/ConnectionChecker/

Plz tell me some other link......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woet
View Post
Also make sure 'announce' and 'query' are set to 1
what is this

query will show the server name, mode , etc if query is 0 it will show ||retrieving info: ip : port||, announce will show ur server in internet tab maybe?

Quote:

I have a dynamic IP!
You can try and call your ISP and get a static IP, but most likely this is either impossible or they will charge for it.
Remember, home connections are not made for server hosting, at most ISPs it's even forbidden.
There is nothing you can do about it.

You can use No-IP (http://www.noip.com/free) to host your server at home.
The free subscription works for 30 days. You can always update your hostname for another 30 days.

No-IP connects a hostname to the WAN IP-address of your router, which is usually dynamic by most ISP's.
They also include a small program which you must run, the No-IP client monitor.
It checks your IP every 5 minutes and updates your IP at their server.
If you look is my signature, you'll see my No-IP hostname. That name is connected to my dynamic IP-address at home, which gets updated every 5 minutes.

I have a question!: I get an infection on smap forums on server advertisements because i posted a ad and then i posted another ad an i get 4 points and 30 days not being able to post a new topic on server advertisement but it expired like a long time ago and i still can't post on it... anyone help me!!!

What are the files must i upload for the server to be working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie scripter
View Post
  • filterscripts
  • scriptfiles
  • plugins
  • gamemodes
  • server.cfg
  • npcmodes
  • .exe files not required in most of the hosts
  • additional files such as (sscanf)
At last edit your server.cfg according to your details.

Quote:
View Post
SA-MP server executables, server.cfg and empty folders (filterscripts, gamemodes, plugins and scriptfiles or npcmodes if needed). Your question makes me laugh abit though.

exe file also?

EDIT: i've got a lot of confusion in those things cause it always cause some sort of prob for me D:

Quote:
View Post
exe file also?
If linux then upload linux files, Idk name of extention. Get it here www.sa-mp.com
If windows then .exe yes.

linux is .so

i was asking about samp-server.exe (sry for not mentioning above)

.tar.gz indicates that this file is for Linux instead for .zip file for Windows. Linux executables don't have any extension. You can see those file named as File as general but they don't have any extension.

Plugins would be .so

Quote:
View Post
exe file also?

EDIT: i've got a lot of confusion in those things cause it always cause some sort of prob for me D:
linux is .so

Helped me very much