Originally Posted by m1n1vv
View Post
Please increase the SetPlayerAttachedObject limit
This <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4r
View Post
Can't you just... remake it...
for 1 server? it'd be better to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
That's speculation on your part. I have the actual code right in front of me.

It definitely needs to be removed from sa-mp.
Yes, it is. Judgement calls regarding security from someone who has gone on as wild revenge spree as you did on the forums is something I would still take with a grain of salt.

And also unless you're somehow experienced in the field of cyber security (which I have no way of knowing) I wouldn't put a lot of weight on that decision anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
View Post
Yes, it is. Judgement calls regarding security from someone who has gone on as wild revenge spree as you did on the forums is something I would still take with a grain of salt.
Do you want me to repost screenshots? When a group of people decide to overthrow me on my own project, that's not revenge, that's self-defense.

Quote:
View Post
And also unless you're somehow experienced in the field of cyber security (which I have no way of knowing) I wouldn't put a lot of weight on that decision anyway.
What are you talking about, you stupid cunt? I know a buffer overflow when I see one, I don't need a degree in computer security.

Could the default mod shops and spray shops be disabled for 0.3.9? If all garage doors are added as SA-MP objects (so it won't crash the game), we could recreate the mod/spray shops by our own. We could even reenable the disabled LV spray shop.

If you would consider this, I can provide the garage doors models recreated from the default GTA: SA objects.

Quote:
View Post
Do you want me to repost screenshots? When a group of people decide to overthrow me on my own project, that's not revenge, that's self-defense.
Doesn't change the fact that removing the natives is probably hurting your community more than it is whoever wrote the fucking native. It's above me how you can't see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
Could the default mod shops and spray shops be disabled for 0.3.9? If all garage doors are added as SA-MP objects (so it won't crash the game), we could recreate the mod/spray shops by our own. We could even reenable the disabled LV spray shop.

If you would consider this, I can provide the garage doors models recreated from the default GTA: SA objects.
Hope this would be controlled by a native and not just simply disabled, otherwise you'll have to publish your shop script together with your menu script as well.

Quote:
View Post
He sees a buffer overflow, he knows it could potentially lead to shit. Computer security implies details about that shit - how to hack into computer with that BO and etc.

edit: And yeah, leaving BOs in code is a sign of bad programmer. Because it's pretty obvious, and if you have any issues with understanding that, it usually means you have some issues with logic development, which means you're shitty at programming.

Yeah, this menu thing is going to force me to update 0.3.7 and 0.3DL and delete all previous versions of sa-mp.

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, this menu thing is going to force me to update 0.3.7 and 0.3DL and delete all previous versions of sa-mp.
how about a 3rd branch 0.3.7NM (no menu)

What would also be great for 0.3.9:

Some really useful things
- 2000 objects limit from 0.3.DL
- Increased vehicle limit (2500 for example)
- Increased attached objects limit (15 for example)
- Ability to change driving skill, flying skill, bike skill, cycling skill and lung capacity
- Add function to set vehicle's dirt level, we can then sync it by script
- Add function to set vehicle variant (for example different variants for NRG-500) and third color (for example Squalo or Camper), we can then sync it by script
- Ability to disable default mod/spray shops and add SA-MP objects of all garage doors, so we can script opening garages and our own mod/spray shops (I can provide the garage door models)
- The ability for actors to hold attached objects
- Ability to set any object created by CreateObject no collision (currently there is only no camera collision)
- Ability to set any object to be indestructible (for example pool balls by shooting at them)
- Add second track for trains (keep the current one and use the second for trains to drive the opposite direction)
- Remove ability for player to exit jetpack, which spawns client-side jetpack pickup (this can be done by script)

Some minor things
- Remove the "Respect+" notification, when player is set large amount of money
- Ability for TogglePlayerControllable to allow shooting and camera movements, but disable only player movements
- Is it somehow possible to add more sounds, for example what some peds are saying? For example what Ammu-Nation vendor says.
- Function to instantly explode vehicle
- Increase visible distance for particle effects - such as explosions, if it is even possible within GTA: SA
- Ability to make vehicle destructible even when player is set TogglePlayerControllable to false
- Load GTA: SA objects when SetPlayerCameraPos is used and the player is not in that area
- Function to hide at least the radar and enable money counter to display values over 999,999,999

Some new object models and skins
- Add some of the GTA: SA cutscene props: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670251
- Add some of the GTA: SA cutscene and beta skins: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670250
- Add these lights objects that emit light during day: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670252

I don't know which of these things can be added easily, but I would really appeciate if some of these suggestions could be considered. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
View Post
how about a 3rd branch 0.3.7NM (no menu)
It would be the same as 0.3.9. It would be best if everyone moved over.

I'm not going to spend days trying to figure out if it's exploitable, but it doesn't look very secure. That's enough for me to act on.

What's the status of IME, does anyone know?

I keep thinking the reason there are so many players still on 0.3e is because the IME doesn't work properly on other versions.

what is IME?

Asian languages have more letters than there are keys on the keyboard, so they have to type in numbers.

edit see: https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=26

Quote:
View Post
What's the status of IME, does anyone know?
default - 0

Quote:
View Post
Asian languages have more letters than there are keys on the keyboard, so they have to type in numbers.
Could you add Unicode support please? Pawn has no issue with Unicode anyway.

Just don't touch 0.3DL please, year is 2019 I am not even thinking about playing with same old skins which are left from 2004 lol so yeah arrival of 0.3.9 doesn't matter for me since it won't include 0.3DL features, moreover I'd leave SA-MP if its gone. I don't think plan of creating 0.3.9 and uniting everyone under it will work, what you got as a change ? Maybe one or two minor things, not big like custom skins and stuff I don't think it matters to have 0.3.9 if there will be just few minor updates.

I'd like to see Custom Models&Skins being in 0.3.9, if people don't want to play with custom skins they can join other servers which don't use them. I'd like to see custom weapons, custom cars and stuff.

It's too late to add unicode.

There's code to do codepage conversion in the client, but I decided its better to see foreign text like модпак so you don't attempt to read it.

It's an internal joke, like I learned russian by playing samp моабабр комоманды длдлдл

(you can't learn russian playing samp)

Quote:
View Post
It's too late to add unicode.

There's code to do codepage conversion in the client, but I decided its better to see foreign text like модпак so you don't attempt to read it.

It's an internal joke, like I learned russian by playing samp моабабр комоманды длдлдл

(you can't learn russian playing samp)
Then I have another suggestion - GetPlayerCodePage that would return the Windows codepage the client uses (like 1252 etc.) so you can check what character set it is and perhaps do player-specific conversions.