Is there any method to stop people from stealing your maps nowadays?

I've been working my ass off the past few weeks and have created maps that took me dozens of hours to finish.
However there still seem to be "map stealing" hacks around where a person copies your entire map just by walking around.

Is there any way to prevent this? Or crash the player when attempting this?

Thank you in advance.

You simply can't, they're loaded client-sided.

How about creating objects at 0,0,0 and then using SetPlayerObjectPos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave_man
Посмотреть сообщение
How about creating objects at 0,0,0 and then using SetPlayerObjectPos?
Regardless of that, the map data is STILL streamed to the player thus can be stolen.

Since the "stealer" is using a "hack/script", isn't it possible to detect this? (and instantly kick and ban them)

Nope. What might help is to edit all objects used and load them in as Custom models.
Pretty sure the map stealer can't retreive them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave_man
Посмотреть сообщение
Since the "stealer" is using a "hack/script", isn't it possible to detect this? (and instantly kick and ban them)
Since these are client side scripts, you can't detect that script/hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faff
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope. What might help is to edit all objects used and load them in as Custom models.
Pretty sure the map stealer can't retreive them.
The downloaded files are stored on your PC with their CRC as name (GTA San Andreas User Files/SAMP/cache/ServerIP.Port/). So you only need to find the Model ID + CRC combination after getting the IDs and coords (that part isn't any different from ripping GTA SA objects).

This would just unneccessarily increase the download size for everyone and still fail to protect your maps eventually.

Just spawn player objects randomly at a specified distance from the player, this will surely make their map stealing tools useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
Посмотреть сообщение
Just spawn player objects randomly at a specified distance from the player, this will surely make their map stealing tools useless.
Can anyone confirm this?