Well, I've been here for over 10 years.

Some will know me, many will think they know me, and most will have at least seen my posts on the forums.

I'm just going to say, that the community here, currently, is broken... It became broken a while back when people started to make money, and started to get 'donations', and thus those who were 'skilled' would end up being paid, so to them the 'hobby' wasn't a hobby, it was a job... So their time was worth money. The level of help from those various people, became less and less 'enthused'.

Hell, I've been PMed telling me my scripting career was a joke, yet I was never going for a scripting career, because there is no such thing... Whilst I got absolutely shat on by [former NGG owner], and his move, I got burnt on that deal, so I decided then and there, I'd never offer my scripting services to anyone. After all, I was never looking to get paid, or have anything with NGG, I was there to simply get a gamemode up and running to satisfy the people I played with... Nothing more.

I've helped many people over the years, of which I have been happy to help. I haven't even scripted for 4-5 years, because I'm actually doing other things, so any help that I have provided over that period, is totally out of my own time.

There is a portion of this community, that don't see this, and just assume that I sit on the forums, only posting here. Well, too bad there's a thing called multi-tasking, and tabs in your browser, because I can post anywhere, anytime. I have many talents, I'm not restricted to working in tech, even though I have better qualifications than just being a coder.

Currently I'm restoring a few motorcycles, so I have my garage setup with a PC so I can game (Use steam in-home streaming over 3 wifi repeaters to get a bridge between my house and the garage), and browse out there whilst I'm waiting for things to dry, or if I need to look up anything on the internet. Just coincidentally, I have my home tabs synchronized so I end up having the sa-mp forums turn up on start-up.

I participate on many game development forums, submitting bug reports and helping people diagnose where bugs are actually coming from by trying to get the info from them, but here, no-one is asking anything anymore... Everyone just throws up copy-paste answers to people. Rep Hunting, laziness, whatever you want to call it, it's just stupid.

It's been getting tougher and tougher on here to actually point out any wrong in what people are posting, without them coming to personally attack, or to berate me at every turn, in every other thread (And I mean this... If you have to bring an argument into another thread to continue it, then you're a fuckwit). I feel harassed by these juveniles and let down by Moderators who should be moderating impartially, and people I thought highly of over my time here.

The 'Function not found" question, some random comes back with 'Update the plugins", to which the gamemode will not function afterwards because the plugin isn't the right plugin that the gamemode was coded for... So now, instead of having just a broken plugin, they now have a broken plugin AND a broken gamemode...

This is something I have mentioned a LOT, and no-one even seems to care to even note it, or even learn from it, when they are throwing out these random fixes... No-one asks for logs, no-one asks questions of the poster...

Now this, isn't fixing it, and it surely isn't diagnosing it. There's a reason we ask for logs and things BEFORE making changes, but many aren't asking that at all now.

No-one is asking the important questions, and people don't seem to give a shit because it's not their mode that's broken, or ending up broken.

Really, it's just I don't think anyone here who is remaining appreciates the effort I put in to actually HELP and EXPLAIN, and try ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO LEARN, and not copy-paste shit. Seriously, all of the scripting help shit is copy-pasta, rhetoric, and complete dismissal... This, is not how these forums should be, not with the rules we have...

And with all that dropped, I'm out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeStyle175
View Post
this gamemode is so out of date and it isn't even comparable with todays other servers.
just because brain tricks us thinking that old days gamemodes were better then its just wrong, because funcinality was so poor, building new systems was very time consuming, because scripters didn't understand how to make gamemode to parts and simplify their work.
That's load of crap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
quote my big balls then
You must be looking at life through a microscope then, and not a tunnel as I had previously thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
I've seen threads where you make random brainstorms.
Pointing out larger issues with peoples code, and getting information about what is going on that could be causing issues elsewhere, is a sure way of actually getting the right information. Not just fixing the symptom, that will show up later as they try to expand.

that's nice write a blog

that's nice write a blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
I was never going for a scripting career, because there is no such thing...
yea, so this is bullshit, woah how many people being fooled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianGraber
View Post
yea, so this is bullshit, woah how many people being fooled...
You can highlight to me how many PAWN jobs are on there?

Good chance there are none so your 'scripting career' is non-existent.

learn a different language sew

Quote:
View Post
You can highlight to me how many PAWN jobs are on there?

Good chance there are none so your 'scripting career' is non-existent.
scripting != pawn

Quote:
View Post
You must be looking at life through a microscope then

Quote:
View Post
learn a different language sew
Do I need to? No... Do you know what languages I know? No...

Do I actually take you seriously? Not in the slightest.

Old days in samp were best days. Back then ppl were different and helpful to each other.
In game they just enjoyed chatting, dming, or just driving all around gta sa map. Racing and etc...
There was not this much servers. Especially Roleplay servers.
Nobody really cared about quality of scripting like they do today. Now each non-experienced kid got their own servers, I think thats reason why nobody wants to help such kid owners.

Quote:
View Post
Do I need to? No... Do you know what languages I know? No...

Do I actually take you seriously? Not in the slightest.
if you're bitching about no pawn careers then you should learn a different language, maybe employers may not like someone who can't even decide that though, so good luck.

I don't take you seriously either, did I ask if you do? No. Because you don't actually matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianGraber
Посмотреть сообщение
scripting != pawn
And yet we call them scripters here, and to be scripters, they would have to be, 'scripting'... Wonderful thing the English Language...

This is also someone else telling me, that (in THEIR WORDS) my 'scripting career' was non-existent...

Seriously...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
And yet we call them scripters here, and to be scripters, they would have to be, 'scripting'... Wonderful thing the English Language...

This is also someone else telling me, that (in THEIR WORDS) my 'scripting career' was non-existent...

Seriously...
He never said pawn scripters were not scripters, he simply said scripting is not limited to pawn, do you even speak English smh

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Seriously...
you said that in your own post wtf

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
if you're bitching about no pawn careers then you should learn a different language, maybe employers may not like someone who can't even decide that though, so good luck.

I don't take you seriously either, did I ask if you do? No. Because you don't actually matter.
It's so hilarious that you throw out so much rhetoric, yet are actually completely off-par... This is after all, why I pulled you up on this shit... You leap before looking.

I'm not looking for a job... I'm set... I was replying to Adrian who linked up a list of jobs in the programming industry, to which I told him to find a pawn job in there as it was related to the 'scripting career' PM i got.

Honestly, you are so focused on trying to argue and berate me, that you're actually trying literally too hard...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's so hilarious that you throw out so much rhetoric, yet are actually completely off-par... This is after all, why I pulled you up on this shit... You leap before looking.

I'm not looking for a job... I'm set... I was replying to Adrian who linked up a list of jobs in the programming industry, to which I told him to find a pawn job in there as it was related to the 'scripting career' PM i got.

Honestly, you are so focused on trying to argue and berate me, that you're actually trying literally too hard...
Weren't you the one that approached first? Pretty sure you was!
You're bitching about your scripting career hence "jobs". Don't get so offended Sew, I know you like that because most of the time everyone puts up with your shit. And now, as you can see from the replies above not everyone does put up with your shit.

Nope, none of that was anywhere close to what I said... I suggest you pay more attention, or refrain from posting up your stupidity...

Are you sure Sew? I don't think you are so sure.

that's nice write a blog

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you sure Sew? I don't think you are so sure.
I know so. You're the one who doesn't have a clue on this because you didn't read the thread because I didn't matter.

So before you post again, I suggest you think about that... If you aren't reading it, then you're simply spamming, or posting for an argument.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So before you post again, I suggest you think about that... If you aren't reading it, then you're simply spamming, or posting for an argument.
arent you leaving why are you still here