Server Host

Hi...

What is the "best" host provider?

Also if your GM holds max. 50 players, what server spec. is enough to work without issues?

Altho I don't trust cheap sites nor new ones(within year of existance)

Thank you.

Start off with 512mb RAM vps, if that creates problems in future upgrade it to 1024mb.

I recommend Blazingfast.io, been with them for years, no downtimes at all, support tickets are answered within mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
Start off with 512mb RAM vps, if that creates problems in future upgrade it to 1024mb.

I recommend Blazingfast.io, been with them for years, no downtimes at all, support tickets are answered within mins.
Alrighty,

Cheers!

You can run samp on potato. Do you use MySQL tho ? If so 512mb is what u need.

You can give a try to spetsnazhost.com, it's a 7 year company, I myself use game server hosting from them. You can try their OpenVZ smallest plan (1 GB RAM if I recall correctly) for just $2.99.

I would recommend getting a server from OVH, their servers are protected against DDoS attacks like no other host has. Their services also have a pretty good price/quality rate.

Buy a VPS from OVH, they're amazing and they have great anti-DDOS.
And honestly VPS is much better than buying a gameserver then buying a website when you can run it all on a VPS.

PS. Get the cloud 2 VPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVO-RP
View Post
Buy a VPS from OVH, they're amazing and they have great anti-DDOS.
And honestly VPS is much better than buying a gameserver then buying a website when you can run it all on a VPS.

PS. Get the cloud 2 VPS.
For a few bucks more you have a 3 which has 2 vCore's. That would be quite necessary of you want to have 50 players on your server. You shouldn't host other things on that virtual server though. I'd recommend to get a Dedicated Server for anything above 50 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shifty-
View Post
For a few bucks more you have a 3 which has 2 vCore's. That would be quite necessary of you want to have 50 players on your server. You shouldn't host other things on that virtual server though. I'd recommend to get a Dedicated Server for anything above 50 players.
The SA-MP server would only ever use a single core, and 4 GB of RAM is a ridiculous amount of memory for 99.9% of servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoookymon
View Post
You can run samp on potato. Do you use MySQL tho ? If so 512mb is what u need.
No, I dont use it. But thanks

I'd say use around 3-4GB of ram honestly you can never have to much I'd say, But RAM does play a key part in your server performance depending on how large your server is I'd say it's best to have more

Coming from a Server Owner who had 60-100 player base daily on a role-play server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakecool987
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd say use around 3-4GB of ram honestly you can never have to much I'd say, But RAM does play a key part in your server performance depending on how large your server is I'd say it's best to have more

Coming from a Server Owner who had 60-100 player base daily on a role-play server.
if 3 GB of ram was enough for 500 players server on day one and 350 players avg. You must have been running super non optimized gm, unless there was like 300 npc running around the city.

It really depends on how optimized your gamemode & plugins is, for example, an empty gamemode running on 512 MB and a decent shared CPU VPS can handle 1000 players, while, another gamemode that uses MySQL, Whirlpool and other resource extensive plugins will crash with 10 players online due to low resources.

512MB ram is more then enough for a damn SA:MP server with 100+ players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
512MB ram is more then enough for a damn SA:MP server with 100+ players.
You serious? my minecraft server has 4gb with only 5-20 players and 70 plugins and when there is like 10-20 players online it only has 1.4gb free memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozm8ey
Посмотреть сообщение
You serious? my minecraft server has 4gb with only 5-20 players and 70 plugins and when there is like 10-20 players online it only has 1.4gb free memory
This is SA-MP, not minecraft, kthxbai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozm8ey
Посмотреть сообщение
Minecraft uses approx ~100 MB of RAM per player on a vanilla server. SA-MP uses about ~2 MB per player.

I don't think large servers such as UIF and ls-rp run on a simple or advanced VPS. A lot of ram isn't required but most processors are too weak.

'Dedicated servers', ****** it.

So 1GB should be enough to start off with?