Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Then you don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah ofcourse as always, you should ****** UG Base before posting these things.

Take a look into your PM's.

You'd have to spend a lot of time in order to do a hard-to-bypass anticheat, time that could be used to implement suggestions that have been around since the release of this mod.

You say you play CSGO, just look at the time and effort put in VAC (by a team of hired developers) and there still are numerous undetectable cheats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
You'd have to spend a lot of time in order to do a hard-to-bypass anticheat, time that could be used to implement suggestions that have been around since the release of this mod.

You say you play CSGO, just look at the time and effort put in VAC (by a team of hired developers) and there still are numerous undetectable cheats.
What's the point in having those suggestions implemented if you can't even play on servers without getting banned for nothing? If you aren't super close to the head members of a server, you won't really last long.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

VAC is a joke...

Anti-cheats are inefficient in general, doesn't matter how much work goes into them. The best way to keep cheaters off is with competent moderators that know how to detect cheats. That is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
Посмотреть сообщение
Anti-cheats are inefficient in general, doesn't matter how much work goes into them. The best way to keep cheaters off is with competent moderators that know how to detect cheats. That is it.
Especially client sided systems. They will always debunk everything and develop hacks that bypass most of the protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Especially client sided systems. They will always debunk everything and develop hacks that bypass most of the protection.
They are better than server-sided systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
What's the point in having those suggestions implemented if you can't even play on servers without getting banned for nothing? If you aren't super close to the head members of a server, you won't really last long.
I do not know on what servers you are playing, but if I'd get punished for an action I didn't do, then I'd blame the server staff, not SA-MP itself.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I do not know on what servers you are playing, but if I'd get punished for an action I didn't do, then I'd blame the server staff, not SA-MP itself.
This, and any good server should have really good logs. Those logs would include money changes, health changes, vehicles stuff, and basically everything else that hacks do that can be logged. In addition to these logs would be YOUR proof that you didn't hack, like screenshots of your GTA installation and shit.

My point is that a good server will be prepared for appealing ban appeals and a legitimately good player will be honest enough to win their plead.

GetObjectInfo(objectid, materialindex, modelid, txdname, texturename);

Will be useful.

Clinet CMD:
/reconnect
Allows you to reconnect after getting "Closed connection"

People have been asking that for years now. It won't happen.
You take a way the "beauty" of being kicked.
You take away one of the tools of punishment.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Never thought of it that way. What if it detects whether you were kicked or you legitimately lost connection?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, kicks would still instantly close the game.

Still not a fan of a client /reconnect command.

Make it so that you can relog without having to quit the game, just add a similar command to /q

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
People have been asking that for years now. It won't happen.
Why don't you guys understand , it's the fact , SA-MP it's getting old , They won't leave GTA ONLINE TO PLAY SAMP , the only solution it's to set a new devp for samp .

Tracking an additional playerstate (https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Playerstates) named "PLAYER_STATE_DRIVEBY" or something similar. Would recognize whether a player is leaning out of their vehicle as a passenger (with weapon), ready for drive-by. If there is already a way to overcome this then please tell and I'm sorry for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
Посмотреть сообщение
Tracking an additional playerstate (https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Playerstates) named "PLAYER_STATE_DRIVEBY" or something similar. Would recognize whether a player is leaning out of their vehicle as a passenger (with weapon), ready for drive-by. If there is already a way to overcome this then please tell and I'm sorry for posting.
Animations, detect the driveby anims when the real playerstate is PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGER

GetPlayerCameraMode == 55 -> driveby

(Not intending to go off-topic just in case someone finds these posts when googling!)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
GetPlayerCameraMode == 55 -> driveby
^ This was found to be the most effective way of checking and I managed to fix/add exactly what I wanted with it, thank you very much!!