Packet loss help

Hey , why when my friend join my server , he will saw me AFK , command will lag a bit and he will see me doing what i just do before a few second.But he wont have this problem when joining other server . I'm sure it is not FPS problem.

Make sure there is a return 1; in OnPlayerUpdate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroZeus
Посмотреть сообщение
Make sure there is a return 1; in OnPlayerUpdate.
If OnPlayerUpdate returns 0, he completely will desync, so the problem is not here.
Maybe your Internet connection is slow.

If you have issues with packet loss it is better to get a router that has good antennas and try changing channels you might have interference or your Internet speed is just bad.

Make a speed test of your internet and see what's your UPLOAD speed. Also do you have NPC's on your server and do you turn off torrents and other stuff that use internet?

You mean me or my friend?
if me i have 2 NPC in my server for IRC and i didnt open any stuff that use internet.

I added your server, which is listed on your signature, to my favorites on SA:MP and the ping is nearly 350. Anything above 200+ will make anyone lag to the point where the commands are not sent out and received as fast as it would if you had a ping lower than that; also upload speed plays a factor in this as well but that shouldn't be too much of an issue if its just you and your friend. Your only solution is to get a better internet provider or just host your SA:MP server off of a host (VPS, regular gameserver, etc.) since hosts tend to have better peering.

But my friend ping in my server is just between 20 ~ 40

Change "sleep" value (in server.cfg) to 20-50 and test it.
Or test in a blank gamemode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawsPlus
Посмотреть сообщение
But my friend ping in my server is just between 20 ~ 40
And yours?

Its not packet loss, this would mean that your actions completely disappear. This rather sounds like you got a high ping, so youre lagging.

where is the server located, who is hosting it

edit and mauzen is dead on correct