rant #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
rant "#1" is there a rant # 2 coming?
ayy

so few hours ago my offshore server space (20gb ssd how lame D: i am so kangal) was 100% because i was much of a retard to run a script that stores 100mb data per user

and i had 169 users registered

thats like 17gb of raw data stored on the server, like wtf correct my math if im wrong

the rest was consumed by logs n stuff, log level was set to debug by accident so the server had a logarrhea for a while

so i thought to upgrade my server and go for ovh, coz well why not its been a long time since i used ovh and i was bunny hoppin thru hosts since then

so few hours ago i ordered the server, ovh wanted verification so ok i sent them

ITS 3 HOURS WHY HAVENT U ACTIVATED MY ACCOUNT OVH i dont know what to do im so hopeless

srsly i'm just waiting for this to go thru and then i will stop puffing and start sleeping

i am very frusted by this event and i decided to share this with the beloved members of samp forums

cant wait to finish this and have sex with my bed, peace samp forums

Yes, your math has gone seriously wrong. 10 MB per player and 169 registered users will total up to 1.6 GB.

Moreover, if you were storing the information of all the registered players in your script, you are insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashas
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, your math has gone seriously wrong. 10 MB per player and 169 registered users will total up to 1.6 GB.

Moreover, if you were storing the information of all the registered players in your script, you are insane.
forgot the extra 0 in 10mb, thanks fo pointing ot

its midnight and my brain is telling me to sleep so..

It's common knowledge that kimsufi is cheaper as their support is rubbish.

I'm trying to figure out exactly whats being recorded for data that is so large it consumes 10MB per player. Thats a SHITLOAD of text data per file. Thats a low estimate of 500 pages of text per player, and a high range of 2000 pages per. What in gods name are you trying to achieve to begin with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение
It's common knowledge that kimsufi is cheaper as their support is rubbish.
idc about their support, 90% of the time i never really beg the support guys unless my server's having cancer from the hardware level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm trying to figure out exactly whats being recorded for data that is so large it consumes 10MB per player. Thats a SHITLOAD of text data per file. Thats a low estimate of 500 pages of text per player, and a high range of 2000 pages per. What in gods name are you trying to achieve to begin with?

i'm not hosting anything related to sa:mp.. just something else u know

anyhow, i got the server wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение

This, no matter where the data is from that's a metric ton. I think OP may be full of shit, he would be using AWS for this kind of thing, S3 for moar storage whenever you need it and dump all your logs and old data on Glacier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
OVH is terrible for setup time. My VPS with them took a week and a half to get up.
i ordered from *kimsufi*, and it showed a 120 second guaranteed setup. true to the words, it did < 120 seconds. but idk about the vps line from ovh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck
Посмотреть сообщение
This, no matter where the data is from that's a metric ton. I think OP may be full of shit, he would be using AWS for this kind of thing, S3 for moar storage whenever you need it and dump all your logs and old data on Glacier.
1. i left a server running on for a long time, so now im in like -12 balance in my aws account. cba to settle it, since im too lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
i ordered from *kimsufi*, and it showed a 120 second guaranteed setup. true to the words, it did < 120 seconds. but idk about the vps line from ovh

1. i left a server running on for a long time, so now im in like -12 balance in my aws account. cba to settle it, since im too lazy

2. my account would get banned for the type of data that im storin lol

if there was a AWS like thing in some offshore country, hell yea my life would be easier
What kind of data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
2. my account would get banned for the type of data that im storin lol
Bragging with that in a public forum. Better prepare for bans and lawsuits.