SA:MP finally got a HTTPS certificate?

Is it just me or did the SA-MP forums / wiki just get a HTTPS certificate?

Try browsing with;
https://forum.sa-mp.com/

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Main_Page

And FYI I know I didn't manually enter it with HTTPS on the wiki, and I don't think I've ever seen it before...

Well, I think its pretty obvious. Dont really see the need for a whole thread.

It's a CloudfFare's certificate.

Well, I believe Cloudflare was recently added after the forums went down so I guess that make's sense.

Off-Topic: my avatar disappeared o.O

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w[/ame]

I like it, even though theres no critical information here that would need special protection. Its kind of "good manner" to support SSL access, especially on big websites like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
I like it, even though theres no critical information here that would need special protection. Its kind of "good manner" to support SSL access, especially on big websites like this.
Yeah hopefully the site address can be changed to use HTTPS so we don't have to manually enter it when we want to use it(which should be all the time, anyways).

It's probably the free thing from CloudFlare.

What's the meaning of HTTPS? Better security for the website?

Yes. Traffic from and to the webserver is encrypted so it can't be hijacked by someone (so called man-in-the-middle attack). Most websites don't need it. It is mostly used for pages that acquire or display sensitive information, such as login pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy0wns
View Post
It's probably the free thing from CloudFlare.
Still better than nothing and to be honest it's just better website practice to have a HTTPS certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Yes. Traffic from and to the webserver is encrypted so it can't be hijacked by someone (so called man-in-the-middle attack). Most websites don't need it. It is mostly used for pages that acquire or display sensitive information, such as login pages.
Didn't know that, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
View Post
It's a ButtfFare's certificate.
what the hell is buttflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellize
View Post
what the hell is buttflare
cloudflare

I've noticed that they installed CloudFlare network on the forums like one month ago. It seems the staff finally managed to install the SSL certificate too. Good job guys!

its only encrypted from the browser to cloudflare's servers... the other half of the connection is still not encryped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole1337
View Post
its only encrypted from the browser to cloudflare's servers... the other half of the connection is still not encryped
nice bump m8

free ssl is given with every free cloudflare plan, whether u opt for it or not it will get setup by default lel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
View Post
nice bump m8

free ssl is given with every free cloudflare plan, whether u opt for it or not it will get setup by default lel
U can disable it mate

Nice hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
U can disable it mate
o i didnt know that

mate