[Video] Players disappearing/flashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJpOrpgWkSE
(Sorry, couldn't figure out how to embed).

Has anyone ever seen this before (could barely find any results on the SA:MP forum) and knows roughly what causes it?

- Restarting didn't help
- First properly started happening when around 15 player I believe, later settled down but then started to happen with only a couple of people online
- It is not an interior or virtual world problem. I have been spamming /getint and /getvw on players and the interiors/VWs remained.
- I use Fallout streamer at this point
- No code under OnPlayerUpdate

I'll add more detail as I think of it.

Thanks.

EDIT after changing streamer to Incognito (I now doubt whether this is the actual issue):
- The bug re-occurs, there were around 5-6 players online on this occasion
- If I remember correctly, someone reported that the script spams a hint message, one you get when your state changes to driver/passenger)
- A user reported to me that vehicles disappeared for him
- I still maintain this is not a VW/interior bug though.

New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mJARgpY1lc

EDIT:

- Removed all mapping and building removals
- Disabled /spec command and removed its related functionality

EDIT:
- Readded mapping and building removals to see if the problem is in fact the /spec functionality

EDIT:
- Re-added /spec but it's now more simple
- Maybe forgot to mention some things.

- This bug has not occurred since.
- I then happened to experience a server-hanging bug which also hasn't happened since (the question is, since when?!)

How many objects do you have in your server? sometimes, too many objects makes things flicker.

Is that happening with one single player, or with most of them?

The player you've seen could use AFK and teleport cheats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write
View Post
How many objects do you have in your server? sometimes, too many objects makes things flicker.
Around 1600, using Fallout streamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartIndia
View Post
Strange problem
Yes, it is. And it's one I want to get resolved as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B
View Post
Is that happening with one single player, or with most of them?

The player you've seen could use AFK and teleport cheats.
It was happening to everyone, I believe. Or maybe only ones in a proximity.

I'm going to change to Incognito streamer, and remove some of the unneeded objects, and see if this reoccurs.

It seems to make a huge mess of the whole server, though. For example, someone reported that they tried to use the seatbelt command but it said they weren't in a vehicle, so it's likely causing mass desync.

Pretty weird. There's something in your script that is causing this then. I noticed their cameras changing swiftly over and over again, try looking over OnPlayerUpdate.

Thanks for your help, but as the OP mentions, there is nothing under OnPlayerUpdate.

I'm uploading another video soon, which captures the problem in a different way.

There has to be something that you made, something new, a function that caused this. Or maybe you put a new include.

Do you have any filterscripts?

Quote:
View Post
There has to be something that you made, something new, a function that caused this. Or maybe you put a new include.

Do you have any filterscripts?
I have an animations filterscript and also gl_realtime.

Unfortunately it is very hard to go back to a point where I know everything was okay. We only had a few people on at a time for testing (and we usually weren't online for long) and everything seemed fine. Thinking about it, there was 1 occasion when we had a similar problem, but I can't remember how (and if) I fixed it...

The includes I use:

Code:
#include 	<a_samp>
#include 	<sscanf2>
#include 	<ZCMD>
#include 	<YSI\y_ini>
#include 	<streamer>
#include 	<crashdetect>
#include 	<foreach>

Try removing all of your filterscripts and see if that does the trick, something is conflicting with your script or it's within your script, I remember a similar bug a long time ago but It only lasted untill the owner removed all of his filterscripts.

Hope it helps, I have no idea what it is if it dosen't.

That streamer is from 2010. I am sure using an up-to-date streamer will provide a better result.

Quote:
View Post
Try removing all of your filterscripts and see if that does the trick, something is conflicting with your script or it's within your script, I remember a similar bug a long time ago but It only lasted untill the owner removed all of his filterscripts.

Hope it helps, I have no idea what it is if it dosen't.
Today, I'm going to remove all my mapping (to see if it's somehow a bugged map causing this) and see if it helps. If not, I'll remove my filterscripts too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
That streamer is from 2010. I am sure using an up-to-date streamer will provide a better result.
I edited my OP earlier, and stated I tried it with Incognito and that the server is still having problems. Thanks though..

The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. Players started disappearing then reappearing after I used the spectate command. Perhaps that might be the issue, as I was never able to fix it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
View Post
The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. Players started disappearing then reappearing after I used the spectate command. Perhaps that might be the issue, as I was never able to fix it myself.
That's actually interesting. I'll disable the spectate command for now, and see if that improves anything.

Thanks.

EDIT: /spec command disabled.

Also, I noticed I have this under player login:

TogglePlayerSpectating(playerid,false);

I doubt that's a problem though.