Object draw distance bug

If created object has distance >300.0 - object will not draw in vehicle windows

tested on 3279 (object must have flag & 4 or flag & 8 in .ide file, 4 and 8 for flag = object has alpha check)

Reason: created object is not added to the alpha list check

Same with lights

Object 1215 don't cast light on vehicle if object at screen and has distance >300

Then make stream distance 250?

You don't know object flags before testing, do you want to test it for every object?

light bug is not depend on object flags

I noticed this earlier on in another server... I think any spawned objects probably don't show up through the windows.

Seems like a cool way of checking whether people are hiding inside or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAWN_METAL
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't know object flags before testing, do you want to test it for every object?

light bug is not depend on object flags
Wtf are you talking about? The object flags are right in front of your face, go look at your IDE files.

Should test this with removed objects... Maybe through the glass you'll see the removed object.

-Edit-

Turns out removed objects don't show (As would be expected) and some created objects do, but some don't.

One of which is the recording building in LS, that object disappears.

You can find flag for object id in /data/.ide files
example

3279, a51_spottower, milbase, 400, 4

This is a GTA SA bug as far as I know. If you look through the windows of a boat you can't see the water outside either and the boat just appears to be floating in midair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
This is a GTA SA bug as far as I know. If you look through the windows of a boat you can't see the water outside either and the boat just appears to be floating in midair.
This and there is what I call "double transparency."

For example, two layers of transparency makes a few objects seen through the transparency layers disappear. This is also experienced when setting an objects material to a transparent colored material. Most objects have two sides so you don't need double layers for the object material color thing.

Maybe abit of topic. But what does "flag" means in this case?.

Edit: I finally found it.
http://gta.wikia.com/OBJS#Object_Flags