PC Questions Thread

Will gtx 750ti survive long enough and will it be worth it if I'm using it for games like Rust, beast of prey and other unity engines games?

Or can you recommend something else that's in the budget range of 750ti and performs better.
Res" 1600x900

GTX 660 maybe if you can bump a bit up

What games can I play which has the same specs as Godfather - The Game, Scarface, GTA:SA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_boy
Посмотреть сообщение
GTX 660 maybe if you can bump a bit up
That's way out of my budget range, I'd have to save up a bit more then. Still deciding, any other suggestions? I'll probably just get the 660 if it's really worth the money :/

GTX 650

What?! no no no... The best price/performance card on the market is R9 260x if you're around $150 otherwise R9 280 or GTX 760 which is around $200, the performance between 260x and 280 is big, so for these 50 buck really worth the money for that performance (20FPS+ increase) and future proof (If CrossFired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
What?! no no no... The best price/performance card on the market is R9 260x if you're around $150 otherwise R9 280 or GTX 760 which is around $200, the performance between 260x and 280 is big, so for these 50 buck really worth the money for that performance (20FPS+ increase) and future proof (If CrossFired)
Well damn, pretty good cards actually but it happens that R7 260x performs slower than the original GTX 750ti hence I did a bit of digging and found out about the new R7 265x which adds in a few more bucks but still worth it! Decided on R7 265x, thanks!

EDIT: R7, well that was pretty funny lol.

So i found this PC that i like tell me if is good. Specs:AMD A10 3.40GHZ. GPUual GPU AMD R7 series+R7 250 2 GB and 8 GB ram. Plus 1 TB hard drive.

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
Посмотреть сообщение
So i found this PC that i like tell me if is good. Specs:AMD A10 3.40GHZ. GPUual GPU AMD R7 series+R7 250 2 GB and 8 GB ram. Plus 1 TB hard drive.
It's meh, not great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieBoy
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, you'd have circa. 150W headroom for upgrades, but I'd recommend going with a 600 Watt PSU just to be safe.
Alright, thanks, I'll just go for the 550W I guess as I rly made my budget tight with this PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
Посмотреть сообщение
Okay so will 550W PSU be enough for the following specs:

CPU: AMD FX-Series X8 8320 (3.5GHz, 16MB, AM3+)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 (AM3+ /Ram limit - 32Gb)
GPU: MSI R9 270X GAMING, 2GB
RAM: Kingston DDR3 1600MHz 8GB HyperX Blu, KHX1600C9D3B1/4G
HDD: WD Caviar Black, 64 MB, 3,5", 7.200 rpm, WD5003AZEX - 1TB
Why no SSD O:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jese
Посмотреть сообщение
Why no SSD O:
He's on too tight of a budget to afford a SSD, so he simply went with a regular hard-drive.

brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jese
Посмотреть сообщение
Why no SSD O:
As Veggie said, I'll probably buy an SSD later on as an upgrade.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
He's on too tight of a budget to afford a SSD, so he simply went with a regular hard-drive.

brat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast3r
Посмотреть сообщение
As Veggie said, I'll probably buy an SSD later on as an upgrade.
Samsung evo 120gb is like 60Ђ...Just get it to install windows and some programs.
It's like suppppaaaa fast.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, you'd have circa. 150W headroom for upgrades, but I'd recommend going with a 600 Watt PSU just to be safe.
I'm running a much higher demanding PC then his on 550 Watt. I call that bullshit. I counted and this is what I got

And mine which would be:

i5 3470 @ 3.6GHz
2x4GB Ram DDR3
2 HDDs
R9 280x Gigabyte (3 Fans so it requires more juice I suppose)
And around 6 USBs used at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm running a much higher demanding PC then his on 550 Watt. I call that bullshit. I counted and this is what I got

And mine which would be:

i5 3470 @ 3.6GHz
2x4GB Ram DDR3
2 HDDs
R9 280x Gigabyte (3 Fans so it requires more juice I suppose)
And around 6 USBs used at one time.

Nah you need overheard so a 550w to 600w PSU is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrillzen
Посмотреть сообщение
AMD is a choice for people that have a tight budget. You still get a great processor for the price.
I'd rather get some extra money for Intel.. AMD makes the fan too load, and the TDP is too high, same thing for the power consumption which in 1 year you'll throw the money on electricity than for a Intel CPU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd rather get some extra money for Intel.. AMD makes the fan too load, and the TDP is too high, same thing for the power consumption which in 1 year you'll throw the money on electricity than for a Intel CPU...
Some people don't have that "extra money" to spend on a bit better processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrillzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Some people don't have that "extra money" to spend on a bit better processor.
exactly i'd agree with you. moreover prices are high for some parts in some countries. Here Intel prices rose up to about 50-70$. So it costed me huge therefore had to switch over to AMD when i recently bought one PC..