How to set samp03svr which used the multicore CPU ?

Hello,
I have this problem:
http://www.img.tpx.cz/uploads/zatezsvru3.png
As you can see, I have 4 CPU cores, but samp03svr use only one CPU core. How to set samp03svr use all of the core CPU?

Thanks for any help.

Sa-mp server is single threaded. You can't make it use multiple cores. Could make the samp server process have a higher cpu priority with "nice" on Linux. I believe 0 is default 20 is lowest priority and -20 is the highest priority(yes it is backwards).

Personally your best bet is get a higher clock speed. What are your cpu specs?

CPU is 4x2.4GHz
How is it possible that sa-mp server 1000 players play ? When my server with 300 players have 97% of CPU usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
Посмотреть сообщение
CPU is 4x2.4GHz
How is it possible that sa-mp server 1000 players play ? When my server with 300 players have 97% of CPU usage?
Optimization, recent hardware, and more optimization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
Посмотреть сообщение
CPU is 4x2.4GHz
I guess you got 4 vCores. Thats a big difference compared to acutal physical cores. VPS and (usually) root servers use virtualization to run mutliple servers on a single physical machine (sometimes even dedicated servers are just virtual ones). So you actually share the CPU, RAM etc with other servers. So "vCores" usually got certian limits in speed and i/o operations so it doesnt slow down the other servers. "2.4 GHz" per vcore actually doesnt tell you anything about the real speed of the CPU, it might just give a very rough relative estimation when comparing it to vservers from the same hoster (e.g. 2.4 is about twice as 1.2ghz).
Thats a common problem with vservers. You just cant tell how fast it is in the end. Often even the support cant tell that, as its pretty hard to answer such a question.

So the best way to support more players would be to try different hosters. Dedicated servers are a good thing to try if you got the money, as you can get pretty good information about their hardware, and so get a good guess about how much players it could take. Even slow dedicateds will be faster than a fast VPS (unless they are "fake" virtual dedicateds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdodd25
Посмотреть сообщение
Sa-mp server is single threaded. You can't make it use multiple cores. Could make the samp server process have a higher cpu priority with "nice" on Linux. I believe 0 is default 20 is lowest priority and -20 is the highest priority(yes it is backwards).

Personally your best bet is get a higher clock speed. What are your cpu specs?
the command is renice.

Look for vps openvz with 3 - 4ghz+, I'm running my server on an openvz and so far it's running fine, 60 players and no lag at all, cpu is at 20% maximum, running with cpu at 3.4ghz - 4ghz.

but if you got the budget, try out some dedicateds, I only pay 3.6Ђ per month heh, cheap & good.

EDT: Try asking the host to disable swap for you, they did it for me, usually when an openvz starts using swap it gets slow.

PS. One thing I've noticed is, the higher the frequency the less cpu usage will be used, so you gotta look for servers with cpu that is higher than atleast 3ghz, you can get openvz with like 9.5ghz per core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasim
Посмотреть сообщение
the command is renice.

Look for vps openvz with 3 - 4ghz+, I'm running my server on an openvz and so far it's running fine, 60 players and no lag at all, cpu is at 20% maximum, running with cpu at 3.4ghz - 4ghz.

but if you got the budget, try out some dedicateds, I only pay 3.6Ђ per month heh, cheap & good.
OpenVZ is a terrible recommendation for game server hosting. You should always look for KVM or XEN when looking for solid performance for game servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
Посмотреть сообщение
OpenVZ is a terrible recommendation for game server hosting. You should always look for KVM or XEN when looking for solid performance for game servers.
I don't agree, I use openvz and it's working fine for me, it's all about the host and the hardware that is used to host the openvz

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't agree, I use openvz and it's working fine for me, it's all about the host and the hardware that is used to host the openvz
OpenVZ isn't optimal for game server hosting. While it works, it's nothing that should be used for game server hosting if you're looking for the best performance possible. You're much better off with XEN which is more 'dedicated' and your resources are more guaranteed than OpenVZ.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Dedicated(Problem is here) -> Openvz(not here) -> samp03svr(proccess)

But whatever, the host where I'm they optimized the openvz very well and their dedicated is very powerful with the latest XEON 24 cores.
Sure. That's great and all, but when they're cramming it way past its capacity and you aren't getting guaranteed resources, performance won't be so great, or even if there's 10 abusive customers, if you don't have guaranteed resources, you're going to have terrible performance.

http://xmodulo.com/2013/10/run-progr...res-linux.html

Use 2 vCores for SA-MP, and leave out the remaining ones for the server. This tut works a-lot better if you're getting dedicated resources, herein Xen/KVM servers where you are 100% guaranteed of getting x amount of cores (and other specs) which is only dedicated to you if mentioned in a sales description.

OpenVZ is all about sharing resources, so this may or may not work. But who knows? Try it out and let us know the results