Best SA-MP script? Best scripters?

It's difficult to measure what exactly is the best scripter certainly Y_Less / Slice are excellent technical scripters but creativity is important as well and there is plenty of other scripters who may not exceed so much from a technical perspective but make up for that in creativity.

As regards to indepth knowledge of PAWN - Y_Less/Slice
As regards to mathematical implementations - Mauzen
As regards to NPCs - Pottus
As regards to databases - Vince
Other notables are Zeex, BlueG & Incognito.

As regards to a complete script, I find that SACNR's script (Blacklite) is pretty nice. It's not efficient now, it lags somewhat, but given the creation date and the resources available then, it is pretty cool.

These are the guys that come first to my mind regarding those aspects, and I've learned from them
I hope I never become the 'best' scripter because I'm sure the satiety would kill my learning curve!

Thanks!

Kalcor :P

I'm suprised no one mentioned Glo/Santa/Europe/uifdev, and probably best and most dynamic gamemode on samp = UIF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
It's difficult to measure what exactly is the best scripter certainly Y_Less / Slice are excellent technical scripters but creativity is important as well and there is plenty of other scripters who may not exceed so much from a technical perspective but make up for that in creativity.
My thoughts exactly.

Y_Less and Slice have never really released anything that can directly be used as a creative feature by players from what I've seen, it's more tools for other scripters, which are still great but aren't exactly features the player directly uses.

I'd say Southclaw is probably the best, he balances technical skill and creativity very well in his releases, with tools like his Sublime Auto Completion, Camera Position Script, his gamemode, etc...

I think we have been able to ascertain most of the people on the SAMP forums with significant contributions but I would like to add a few more final words. There is certainly a lot of great scripters that have a broad range of skill sets I think we need to look at this question in terms of how a community supports it self and the contributions thousands of people have made over the years.

It's not about who is the best scripter or who has the best script it's about how a community it's self functions and the SAMP community has become much more evolved over the years. It is this that has made the best scripts and also the best scripters it is the communities support of one another that drives healthy progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
I think we have been able to ascertain most of the people on the SAMP forums with significant contributions but I would like to add a few more final words. There is certainly a lot of great scripters that have a broad range of skill sets I think we need to look at this question in terms of how a community supports it self and the contributions thousands of people have made over the years.

It's not about who is the best scripter or who has the best script it's about how a community it's self functions and the SAMP community has become much more evolved over the years. It is this that has made the best scripts and are the best scripters it is the communities support of one another that drives healthy progress.
^^
We shouldn't race about who's better, we should all together work for one - better and more modern SA:MP.

I personally really like the Lawless RP script. It has feature found on no other script. Such as the singleplayer basketball and pyhsically stealing and carrying objects from peoples houses

I'm rather impressed with South Central Roleplay's script.

CHC from West Coast Roleplay, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
Посмотреть сообщение
CHC from West Coast Roleplay, no doubt.
CHC is a superb scripter, however West Coast Roleplay's script is rather sloppy, and complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm rather impressed with South Central Roleplay's script.
Couldn't agree more, South Central's script is nice, clean, and user friendly.

I gotta say Kalcor.

Grand larceny is the best script. God of all shits xD

If it comes to being helpful and offering good services/plugins I will go with Konstantinos and Y_less. There are of course a lot of great scripters but Konstantinos and Y_Less have my credits.

No-ones the best.
But many are great.
No-one knows it all, and someone else will always know something you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Horizon used the NGRP script because Zhao wanted to use it, it wasn't my choice, I only stuck around because it was something to do for a while.

If you did your research, you'd know I released 2 scripts from scratch on this forum.

Also, Ethan uses a GF edit for his server and hasn't made anything alone, so by your logic you contradicted yourself.
I would just like to comment this.

I wiped the whole GF edit and scripted USRP myself, 36000 lines of code from scratch with stuff in it that you'll never be able to copy. Those 36000 lines contain more features than your Vortex RP gamemode.

I suggest you get a clue before you start talking to boost your ego Calgon.
I thought you were past the point of trying to show everyone how cool you are, guess I was wrong.

Praise calgon, the one who made 2 scripts from scratch while mine with its small 36000 lines has double as many features.

I'm out, peace.

Well since the thread has been reignited:

[******]
[Zeex]
[Slice]

Mmartn and the guys from the LS-RP dev team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
Mmartn and the guys from the LS-RP dev team.
They are very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Посмотреть сообщение
No-ones the best.
But many are great.
No-one knows it all, and someone else will always know something you don't.
the person that made pawn knows it all