Is this SA-MP action illegal ?

SA-MP controls the game what load or doesn't, for example handling, ide files, ipl files, img files, etc.

It's very bad that sa-mp forcefully controls what game loads or doesn't!
I guess it's also a illegal move, it's a kind of reverse engineering the game executable.

I don't think so that Rockstar be happy with this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMe
View Post
I guess it's also a illegal move, it's a kind of reverse engineering the game executable
Didn't you know that SA:MP updates take so long to make because Kye codes them undercover in prison?

(I'd give you rep for the best joke ever, but unfortunately -rep is disabled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
View Post
Didn't you know that SA:MP updates take so long to make because Kye codes them undercover in prison?

(I'd give you rep for the best joke ever, but unfortunately -rep is disabled)
You'd give him a negative rep because he had the wrong idea about something? OK. I think that's why the negative rep system is disabled in the first place.

Also yes, I'm sure Rockstar have no problem with it because I'm sure something would have happened by now. If anything, SA:MP has increased Rockstar's sales because it brings something "new" to the game.

AFAIK -

Rockstar used to give out help to modifications like MTA/SA-MP (which were one until Kalcor separated) however, they stopped it after the HotCoffee thing. I can't seem to find the source, it was somewhere on this forums.

Anyways, what matters is that if they had a problem with the reverse engineering, they wouldn't have helped, and SA-MP would have not been!

Guys, he isn't even talking about SA-MP being illegal. He's asking if the fact that SA-MP controls what the game loads (so no mods) is illegal. Answer: lol nope

Excuse me, but how is memory injecting without modifying .exe or any other original game files a "reverse engineering"? Isn't RE a process of decomposing software to analyze how it works so then you're able to modify/copy it by re-engineering or injecting?

Why would someone mind if there sales get increased?
And as Rajat said, SA-MP got help from rock star before.

If there was no samp for san andreas i doubt anyone will play this game without samp it sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
View Post
If there was no samp for san andreas i doubt anyone will play this game without samp it sucks
Everyone played San Andreas before joining samp.
How can you say no one would play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
View Post
I seriously wish there were negative reputation options available to us right now.

It may be your opinion, but..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_T...reas#Reception

The best selling game for PS2 at that point. (without SA-MP)

i meant at this time not when it was released...

It's not the fact that no one would play it, but without SA-MP their sales still wouldn't be as high as they are today, SA-MP has kept GTA SA alive and popular for this long, longer then it would have lasted without SA-MP. As for the question, I highly doubt the SA-MP development team would be stupid enough to do something illegal. At the end of the day SA-MP is here and it will be here for awhile, enjoy it while you can because it's the best mod around at the moment.

OFF - TOPIC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggravatedEgo
View Post
because it's the best mod around at the moment.
Oh, have you played <removed>?

Funny, it is being developed by one of SA-MP's old developers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
View Post
You answered your own question! The SA:MP client injects things in to SA's memory, but what to inject is determined in advance be RE.
But it was used to MAKE the mod, there's not even a pinch of RE done by the mod itself = mod is not illegal = you didn't answer OP's post (he accused that mod ITSELF is illegal and relies on RE which is total bullcrap, not that devs used RE to make it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
View Post
But it was used to MAKE the mod, there's not even a pinch of RE done by the mod itself = mod is not illegal = you didn't answer OP's post (he accused that mod ITSELF is illegal and relies on RE which is total bullcrap, not that devs used RE to make it)
Why would the MOD do RE?

Quote:

Reverse engineering is the process of discovering the technological principles of a device, object, or system through analysis of its structure, function, and operation.

Highlighting the words principles! I don't think any software can actually DO RE by itself.

I like to think of it like this, we paid for the GTASA game, so we can do what the fuck we like with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz
View Post
I like to think of it like this, we paid for the GTASA game, so we can do what the fuck we like with it.
Only that's the wrong way of thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanz
View Post
That's like buying a gun, shooting civilians and saying 'my gun, my rules'.

I'd have to assume they did get permission from Rockstar to create SA:MP... I mean, - I don't see anything wrong that rockstar wouldn't like... If anything it helps PROMOTE their game.

I don't think it's illegal.