PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonman
Посмотреть сообщение
Lolx Tnx

I have a Radeon ™ HD 7670M with Intel i5 processor, and GTA:IV works well without lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a Radeon ™ HD 7670M with Intel i5 processor, and GTA:IV works well without lag?
Well I played GTA IV on my old Dual Core E6600 3.06Ghz, HD 5570, 4gb ram and I got 32+ fps med-high settings no aa so I guess it will work well

Would it work on other high FPS games too?

You can watch ******* videos for gameplays, Happy Gaming!
Ex. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uSR156x8cM[/ame]

Thanks for the video, now I know that I can play the games well without lag

radeon r9 290x vs gtx 780 ti
which one is better?

This site seems to make a reliable comparison in a nice table view: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index...radeon-r9-290x
In the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page you can select the games you want to play.

I have an REAL OLD PC, and the fan is the loudest thing I can hear from a room away. Does that mean I have to change the PC fan? Because I just cleaned it yesterday..

If you have room in your case, you should just get more fans. This seems weird, but more fans move more air and thus all the fans will spin at a lower speed and in turn generate less noise. You should get the largest fan that fits. Not many cases uses 200mm fans so you'll probably be looking at 140mm or 120mm fans.

Noctua is a good brand of fans, but their designs are just ugly (brown and beige). If looks don't bother you, then get one or more of those.

I'll be thinking about the fan, by the way can someone enlighten me about inner cooling systems in PCs? Maybe I can use that instead of fans.

I have

CPU: AMD Sempron 140 2.70 Ghz
GPU: Nvdia GeForce 9500 GT
MotherBoard: BIOSTAR MCP6P M2S
RAM: KINGSTON 2 GB DDR2

what if i Upgrade my Motherboard into
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 [BOOSt: 3.4 Ghz]
GPU: Nvdia GeForce 9500 GT [SAME]
MotherBoard: MSI P55-GD80
RAM: RIPJAWZ 4 GB

my Average FPS in Dota 2 is: 22.4

2 Question

What is My Fps when i upgrade ?
Can Other Games Will Get High FPS when i upgrade ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBros
Посмотреть сообщение
People like you say you no longer buy them and have no viruses, how do you know? The likelihood of getting a new virus on the internet is on average 20 minutes.
It's called being smart on the Internet. Unless you absolutely trust the place you're downloading a file from, then don't download the file. If you don't know what the file is, don't download the file. If you get some advertisement about some game and that it needs some never-before-heard-of software to be installed on your computer, don't download it!

Oh and don't use Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other email system where the emails you get all get downloaded to your computer. Online email, like ****** Mail, for example, are the way to go.

If you're not an idiot with what you do on the Internet, the odds of you getting a virus are slim to none!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
No, no, no! Those motherboard fit with the 1150 CPU socket...but since that i5 is a "k" version you won't be able to Overclock it. I'd go for a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
He asked for cheap. I gave him cheap. He probly wont OC anyway. If he said he wants or needs to OC, I would give him a z87 chipset mobo. But they start at $120ish for a decent one. And that is not in everyones budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
It's called being smart on the Internet. Unless you absolutely trust the place you're downloading a file from, then don't download the file. If you don't know what the file is, don't download the file. If you get some advertisement about some game and that it needs some never-before-heard-of software to be installed on your computer, don't download it!

Oh and don't use Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other email system where the emails you get all get downloaded to your computer. Online email, like ****** Mail, for example, are the way to go.

If you're not an idiot with what you do on the Internet, the odds of you getting a virus are slim to none!
Exactly, not to mention Windows Defender does the job as well. It may not be as good, but if you are smart, you'll be fine.

Oops sorry about the double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
He asked for cheap. I gave him cheap. He probly wont OC anyway. If he said he wants or needs to OC, I would give him a z87 chipset mobo. But they start at $120ish for a decent one. And that is not in everyones budget.
Actually I bought that Gigabyte Z87 motherboard for Ђ90 which is about $96 - $100... If he really wants a cheap hardware, he shouldn't really go for that CPU anyway. A i5-4440 would be good and he will save about $60.

Sorry if I double post, but I forgot to ask something about VGA cables.
Few hours ago, I've put my VGA cable into another PC to install few things.
After a while I unplugged it away and I saw a quick blue screen while unplugging it, it was quite quick...
I've put it on my own PC and suddenly I see yellow screen (so from what I know the blue color is missing).
At the start I thought it was the screen since I used it for 7 years (lol)... I connected the cable on the previous PC but it also started to output yellow color... I also connected my friends laptop and nothing... yellow screen again... I connected the VGA cable into my TV and it still yellow screen, so I think it is properly the cable.
I also tried to invert the the output side cable and nothing. Is there any method for fixing it?

Screen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcsm146s7y...117_221610.jpg

Get another cable. Or use DVI or HDMI if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Get another cable. Or use DVI or HDMI if possible.
A 7 years old monitor doesn't support digial signals :S ... My friend found an extra VGA cable so I'll try it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
A 7 years old monitor doesn't support digial signals :S ... My friend found an extra VGA cable so I'll try it tomorrow.
Some of them do. I have a 2007 monitor with DVI. DVI has been around for about 15 years and hdmi has been around for about 10 years.

OT: Get a new cable, it'll probly solve the problem.