Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
Read my upper post, no it wouldnt.
I guess using natives is faster. OnPlayerUpdate and timers take server resources and more bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
I guess using natives is faster. OnPlayerUpdate and timers take server resources and more bandwidth.
How do native callbacks work? They check if something has changed on every player update. So thats exactly the same as using the OnPlayerUpdate method. Speed difference will be minimal, as the essential functions like if and variables in pawn arent much slower than in C. Theres no magical function that makes variables tell automatically when they changed, native functions just create the illusion that there would be something like that.
I still stick with "why waste time creating native stuff that already exists scriptsided?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayy
View Post
make better the attached objects... and moving objects.
for now, if i place hydra on a moving object, so the hydra go away.
or
any car, if the player in or not - if the moving object fast, so thay gone.
so this my suggestion:
| attachcartoobject(objectid, carid,X,Y,Z)
| attachplayertoobject(objectid, playerid, X,Y,Z)

and a nother nice suggestion: attachobjecttoobject(objectid,attachedobjectid, X,Y,Z)
dumbs up ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
View Post
i think the same...but ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJloko
View Post
dumbs up ^^
I hope you mean THUMBS up.

ops, sorry, i'm portuguese and dumbs is a joke and now i forgot write thumbs

They wouldn't waste time on something that you could make yourself within not even 10 minutes..

I'm not sure if it's in here somewhere already, because it seems like such a small thing, hehe.

SA-MP doesn't recognize the "%" it would show as "#" in the chat and only recognizes a few alt-codes.

So, I suggest to update a bit on these symbols and "useful" alt-codes.

--------------------------

Perhaps there could also be something done about the passenger drive-by?

I think I've just read this one already on the first page, to re-enter the vehicle by pressing "H" again, instead of having to get out of the vehicle to get your head back in the car.

Besides that, the Desert Eagle is firing like a minigun at the moment, way too powerful, hehe.
And perhaps have all weapons compatible for drive-by, as the RPG, Flamethrower, Grenades, etc.

Not sure if possible, but to have a maverick available for passenger drive-by as well.

When you click a server to see how many players are playing in it,its shows the score+name and it should also show the ping of the players too

Enable drivebys[passenger and driver both] in mavericks.

Code:
EnableConsoleGames(); //console from cj house and crack house on singleplayer
EnableGameMachines();

Quick jump from one server to another which are added in favorite list without quiting the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UE]Milan
View Post
Quick jump from one server to another which are added in favorite list without quiting the game
Nice Idea but with a dialog box , It will be nice :P! To select the server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark™
View Post
Enable drivebys[passenger and driver both] in mavericks.
I don't think they can enable driver db in helicopters, because keys Q and E that are usually used to look to the sides in ground vehicles, in helicopters are used to steer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UE]Milan
View Post
When you click a server to see how many players are playing in it,its shows the score+name and it should also show the ping of the players too
I frankly can't think of any reason someone would use this?

Make the class selection optional please, upon connect only show the camera looking out over the piers at LS and wait for the script to do something to the user

new file functions:
pawn Code:
fdeleteline(target,line);
frenamefile(target,newname);
fread(target,line,string);
fwrite(target,line,string);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
View Post
I frankly can't think of any reason someone would use this?
Its for people who is interested in knowing other's ping without joining the server,like me for example

So.. add /reconnect command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HK]Ryder[AN]
View Post
GetPlayerOxygen(playerid, oxygen, sizeof(oxygen));
SetPlayerOxygen(playerid, oxygen, sizeof(oxygen));
Oxygen is a string? I thought it was a number (actually it's a progress bar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
View Post
Oxygen is a string? I thought it was a number (actually it's a progress bar)
Actually it should work like Armour and Health (Float number).

I have two suggestions for the server browser itself:
1-A history in which you can see the last servers you have played in. Sometimes you have recently played in a server but you don't remember which one it was, so a history would be really useful in this situation.
2-The ability to add servers to your favorites list from the hosted tab and the internet tab, without having to switch to your favorites tab: it's terribly annoying that when you are browsing the internet tab or the hosted tab and you find a server you like but you still want to keep searching for others, you have to switch to your favorites tab, add the new servers, switch back to the internet tab/hosted tab and wait again for it to load, specially if it's the internet tab.