PC Questions Thread

Actually 500mb of ram is kinda much.
Right now, i am on sa:mp forums, listening music from *******, gmail opened and deviantart forums. It takes about 50mb (50000k) ram.
Anyways, i know that the flash bug does not happen to anyone, it usually does happen to users with older gpu/cpu.

E: If your firefox uses 500mb of ram, restart it. Open the same processes and you'll see the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone
Посмотреть сообщение
E: If your firefox uses 500mb of ram, restart it. Open the same processes and you'll see the difference
False.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually 500mb of ram is kinda much.
Right now, i am on sa:mp forums, listening music from *******, gmail opened and deviantart forums. It takes about 50mb (50000k) ram.
Anyways, i know that the flash bug does not happen to anyone, it usually does happen to users with older gpu/cpu.

Which OS you're using?

Flash bug happens to me ALOT of times and I've got fairly updated components.. i7 920, 2x GTX 670 FTW...

I don't care anyway about 500 MB when I got 24 GB.. I never got over 72% of its usage... ( with more than 1 game opened , yeah stupidity rocks alot )

And as TheArcher said that is false..

Any problem if i run my PC on a Square wave Inverter as power source ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiernantheman
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry for asking so much q's on here, i'm trying to pick a suitable PC for myself.

1.Would this run Gta IV with no lag and what settings medium or low?
2.Would this run ArmA 2 with no lag and what settings medium or low?

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Graphics Card: 1GB Nvidia GT630
Not really, graphics card will be pretty much okay (thugh you could improve it), you just need to upgrade the processor so it doesn't bottleneck your GPU. An i5 could work, but make sure you check the specs... iirc most mobile i5 models are only dual-core with hyperthreading, like mine which is only 1.7GHz... not nearly powerful enough to keep up. I'd get an i7, or try to get an i5 with at least 2.4GHz and quad core if that exists for mobile units yet.

Posting this on behalf of a friend

My friend's internet has been a bit dodgy recently..
Their old router died so they replaced it with an even older one.
Ever since then, her internet connection on laptop has been pretty much hit and miss..

Sometimes (although very rarely) it will also happen to one other laptop in the house..
But that is not the case this time, after several resets (or restarts, whatever you wanna call it) of the router, all laptops, xboxs, computers, ipods, phones, etc, in the house have a connection.. except for hers.

This is not a case of limited connectivity like it usually is, but instead her laptop is failing to see the router at all.
I have told her some steps like restarting laptop, turning off the WLAN for a bit, etc, but it's still the same.
I also suggested she manually connect to the router, but that didnt work either.

Her laptop does pickup a few routers, but she says it is nowhere near to how many it usually picks up.
So does anyone have any idea why its suddenly decided to do this, and anyway of fixing it?

She (for some bizarre reason) is not allowed to use the ethernet cable as it is used in her dad's xbox (but hes not even home during day)

Any help would be appreciated

Well it seems to me that the wireless card have got a cable disconnected or something..

Sometimes what happens is that the Wireless Card on the laptop has got two cables attached to it and I already saw some laptops which it simple disconnects or by acident or something...

She better check it, normally laptops have got some signs under them where the card is located it normally has a very easy access...

Have you tried it on another network (yours for example)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
Have you tried it on another network (yours for example)?
No, just hers.
She says it used to pick up alot of routers but since this started happening it hardly picks up any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTorran
Посмотреть сообщение
No, just hers.
She says it used to pick up alot of routers but since this started happening it hardly picks up any.
Yeah that's why I said what I said above atleast it seems to me the most reasonable "problem"...

What is better ?
i7 3770K,i7 2600K,i7 2700K
meant for graphics & gaming,not for overlocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UE]Milan
Посмотреть сообщение
Any problem if i run my PC on a Square wave Inverter as power source ?
Could someone answer this ? now a days there is daily powercut here

Which graphic card you prefer for gaming PC`s ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanady
Посмотреть сообщение
Which graphic card you prefer for gaming PC`s ?
For gaming pc's you could go with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 670, 680, 690, or the AMD series 7850, 7870, 7950 or an 7970.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
For gaming pc's you could go with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 670, 680, 690, or the AMD series 7850, 7870, 7950 or an 7970.
As fai as I know, even HD5xxx , HD6xxx can run games very smoothly, reccomanded CrossFire/SLI for those versions for new games

I recently bought BF3 for PC, and whenever I play a multiplayer match it plays fine until 5-10 minutes into the match, my game starts lagging. I play on ultra, but thats not the problem, my FPS is completely fine, and I check my ping on the scoreboard and it shows 40-80 ping which is good I guess. Anybody ever had this problem and fixed it?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I recently bought BF3 for PC, and whenever I play a multiplayer match it plays fine until 5-10 minutes into the match, my game starts lagging. I play on ultra, but thats not the problem, my FPS is completely fine, and I check my ping on the scoreboard and it shows 40-80 ping which is good I guess. Anybody ever had this problem and fixed it?
Maybe on of your hardware (CPU or GPU) is loaded up... Follow GUIDE how to install MSI Afterburner to show CPU and GPU in game and take a look what's going on for 10 minutes... Watchout MSI Afterburner affects the performance by 5% - 10% so make sure you only use it for testing

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I used to have it on my laptop. I played games smoothly for about 30 minutes and then the FPS dropped. I fixed it by cleaning my laptop (opening it, removing dust, any particles etc). I guess there was lots of dust and my fan wasn't working so my video card overheated.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
AMD are way slower, not recommended.

Get GTX 640M or 9800GTX, affordable and good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonman
Посмотреть сообщение
AMD are way slower, not recommended.

Get GTX 640M or 9800GTX, affordable and good.
If the biased talk didn't make you look like an idiot, then the fact that you recommended him to get a mobile graphics card will suffice.