Converting a mysql based to .ini based

Any idea the easiest way to convert a server that runs off mysql and convert it to .ini?

MySQL is better, why not use it?

but you'd have to learn a INI based system and then change it yourself, or hire a scripter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy
View Post
MySQL is better, why not use it?

but you'd have to learn a INI based system and then change it yourself, or hire a scripter.
External plugins, tons of things to go wrong, unnecessary for small servers.

Native SQLite works just fine. SQL language is easy, like talking to a computer.

I don't like using XAMPP is there any other suggestions?

There is no "easy" way to convert it. File-based systems like INI and SQL-based systems use completely different ways to read/write data. If you have knowledge of both you can (with some common sense) convert all the functions but it will still take time (a lot, depending on your script).

Example:

pawn Code:
ini_write("data", "value", file); // Don't know if it's the correct syntax, just an example
Could be converted to:

pawn Code:
UPDATE file SET data = 'value'
But there is really no "easy" way of converting this since it's really hard to predict what query translates to what INI-command and visa-versa.

Why do you need to convert it? MySQL pwns thanks of the threaded queries system, that it doesn't have the default file system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Robins
View Post
I don't like using XAMPP is there any other suggestions?
You can run MySQL as a service, you know. It'll automatically start with Windows without you having to do something about it. Furthermore, SQLite (as suggested) is built into SA-MP and does not require a plugin or external server. And lastly, some queries are like near impossible to convert (table joins and such) to flat files without some serious effort. My advise: go to SQLite or stick with MySQL.