Ip changes every 2 seconds

I very much doubt that the cable connecting your PC to the router could be at fault. Do you have a spare router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieren
Посмотреть сообщение
I very much doubt that the cable connecting your PC to the router could be at fault. Do you have a spare router?
No sorry, I do not. Thanks alot for your help and for not giving up on me

Anymore things to try?

You say you're using a Aztech router, what model is this?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You say you're using a Aztech router, what model is this?
DSL605EW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Man
Посмотреть сообщение
DSL605EW
Like the other person has said, it's hard to find some sort of documentation for this router. But to be honest it's hard to rule out the causes if you don't have spare equipment to troubleshoot.

But the problem sounds like your modem is loosing the connection, so when it eventually re-establishes a connection, you are leased a new IP address.

In the mean try a different DSL filter and a different modem cable if you have spares. Otherwise you might have to put your hand in your pockets to invest in some new broadband equipment.

connect straight to the modem if it doesn't happen every "2" seconds than you know its a setting in your router. If it does happen while connected straight to the modem than its time to call your ISP and wait hours.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Like the other person has said, it's hard to find some sort of documentation for this router. But to be honest it's hard to rule out the causes if you don't have spare equipment to troubleshoot.

But the problem sounds like your modem is loosing the connection, so when it eventually re-establishes a connection, you are leased a new IP address.

In the mean try a different DSL filter and a different modem cable if you have spares. Otherwise you might have to put your hand in your pockets to invest in some new broadband equipment.
What's a DSL filter? Buying a new router is gonna take a lot of saving from me.

One more question, could there be something else causing the lag spikes other than constantly changing ip address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
Посмотреть сообщение
connect straight to the modem if it doesn't happen every "2" seconds than you know its a setting in your router. If it does happen while connected straight to the modem than its time to call your ISP and wait hours.
Problem is, my company has this kind of technology where it combines the router with the modem, and that's what I have, a combined router + modem.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Problem is, my company has this kind of technology where it combines the router with the modem, and that's what I have, a combined router + modem.
There are 2 different types of routers; A "Modem Router" which has a modem built in, and is designed for ADSL connection like your for example. Then theres just a "Router" which you can plug an external modem into this. Routers without built in modems are normally used for Cable connections.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
What's a DSL filter? Buying a new router is gonna take a lot of saving from me.

One more question, could there be something else causing the lag spikes other than constantly changing ip address?
Your modem cable connects to a DSL filter then into the socket on your wall.

In answer to your question, it appears you are leased a new IP due to your router loosing sync / dropping the connection. You won't be leased a new IP address unless the connection is DROPPED or you manually renew it. This is why I recommend trying a different router.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There are 2 different types of routers; A "Modem Router" which has a modem built in, and is designed for ADSL connection like your for example. Then theres just a "Router" which you can plug an external modem into this. Routers without built in modems are normally used for Cable connections.

Your modem cable connects to a DSL filter then into the phone socket on your wall.

In answer to your question, it appears you are leased a new IP due to your router loosing sync / dropping the connection. You won't be leased a new IP address unless the connection is DROPPED or you manually renew it.
Ok I'm so confused, I have this big box thats like 5 times as big as my router, that I connect my phone to, then I have the router, cud this big box be the modem? I really doubt that, cuz nothing that has to do with the internet is connected to it.

I got the part about my IP address, but could there be possibly any other reasons why im getting lag spikes in game (where I see players going in straight direction)?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Ok I'm so confused, I have this big box thats like 5 times as big as my router, that I connect my phone to, then I have the router, cud this big box be the modem? I really doubt that, cuz nothing that has to do with the internet is connected to it.

I got the part about my IP address, but could there be possibly any other reasons why im getting lag spikes in game (where I see players going in straight direction)?
It's as if they data "stalls" when passing it through to your PC, thus causing the lag spikes - Then when the flow continues everything updates correctly (Player positions, chat etc). The router could be possibly coming to a halt or freeze for a few seconds, which way be causing the router to re-synchronize thus the IP chaning.

From what you have said, these issues seem to be pointing to your router. Unless you try different equipment, there won't be much chance in you ruling out these issues you are having.

I know how you feel when on the phone to an ISP; They will most likely put you through the same troubleshooting process which can be very frustrating. So this is why I'm recommending you try different equipment (starting with your router) to rule out these problems. Then IF you have to resort to phoning them, you can tell them all of the troubleshooting you have tried and hopefully find the fault alot faster.

If you can't determine which device is your router and which is your modem, or even if they're one in the same, take a picture of the general setup and post it. We can probably help you find out.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's as if they data "stalls" when passing it through to your PC, thus causing the lag spikes - Then when the flow continues everything updates correctly (Player positions, chat etc). The router could be possibly coming to a halt or freeze for a few seconds, which way be causing the router to re-synchronize thus the IP chaning.

From what you have said, these issues seem to be pointing to your router. Unless you try different equipment, there won't be much chance in you ruling out these issues you are having.

I know how you feel when on the phone to an ISP; They will most likely put you through the same troubleshooting process which can be very frustrating. So this is why I'm recommending you try different equipment (starting with your router) to rule out these problems. Then IF you have to resort to phoning them, you can tell them all of the troubleshooting you have tried and hopefully find the fault alot faster.
Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate your time that you took to help me, you deserve a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer
Посмотреть сообщение
If you can't determine which device is your router and which is your modem, or even if they're one in the same, take a picture of the general setup and post it. We can probably help you find out.
Ill prally do that tommorow.

You can place two quotes in one post, or at least use the modify button. You've double posted like five times in this one thread alone. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer
Посмотреть сообщение
You can place two quotes in one post, or at least use the modify button. You've double posted like five times in this one thread alone. :P
Why does it matter if I double posted or not, reset my post count if its a matter of postcount. Noone is prally gonna enter this topic other than you and Kieren