Ip changes every 2 seconds

My IP changes every 2 seconds and it's causing me huge lag ingame, is there anyway I can stop it from changing so often

Ask your provider for a static IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SVRPG]Falcon
View Post
Ask your provider for a static IP.
Any other way? sometimes it takes hours to get a hold of my ISP on the phone

It just randomly changes on you? That's... odd. Are you sure your modem isn't just rebooting due to a faulty wall socket or something? Even with a dynamic IP address, you shouldn't be spontaneously renewing your address.

Has this always happened? Are you plugged into your modem through a router, or is it direct?

^^^^
Yup, I went on whatismyip.com , I refreshed every 2 seconds, and my ip kept changing back and forth, how do I know if my computer has been rebooting or not? I am plugged directly but with a router, but I don't use wireless.

Btw hey pacer, im doUfeelme from partyserver, xD. What a coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Man
View Post
^^^^
Yup, I went on whatismyip.com , I refreshed every 2 seconds, and my ip kept changing back and forth, how do I know if my computer has been rebooting or not? I am plugged directly but with a router, but I don't use wireless.

Btw hey pacer, im doUfeelme from partyserver, xD. What a coincidence
Go into your router page, and look around and see if it has a setting for public ip renew time.

What kind of router do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
View Post
Go into your router page, and look around and see if it has a setting for public ip renew time.
Here are my options, where can I find this option?

Screenshot: /imageshack/img163/7467/25561586.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer
View Post
What kind of router do you have?
Aztech Router

ps: i'm offended, you're acting like you donno me

Quote:
View Post
Aztech Router

Advanced maybe? but the option may not be exactly how i worded it. You will have to just look around and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
Посмотреть сообщение
Advanced maybe? but the option may not be exactly how i worded it. You will have to just look around and see.
Lol, this is harder than i thought.

I can't find it

Ok I found an option to change to Static in the router but it wont let me, it says i need to enter a VLAN ID first, wth is that?

lol, what's THE POINT, if I can't play properly without ping spikes every 5 seconds

Wow. Quadruple post.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Aztech Router

I'm helping you solve your problem. I never said I didn't know you.

I'm used to Linksys and Netgear routers. I've never seen your router before and I can't find decent documentation on its GUI so that I can actually browse for the proper settings. If you can, browse to each tab or setting page and take a screenshot. Upload them and post the link for each screenshot here so that I can see every page.

Do you actually loose sync / disconnect when the IP address changes? The IP shouldn't change unless your modem looses sync from your telephone exchange or actually disconnects (or of course if you disconnect it yourself).

I noticed from your posted image that your router doesn't appear to have sync with the exchange (0/0 Downstream/Upstream etc) (See DSL status: Down).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer
Посмотреть сообщение
Wow. Quadruple post.

I'm helping you solve your problem. I never said I didn't know you.

I'm used to Linksys and Netgear routers. I've never seen your router before and I can't find decent documentation on its GUI so that I can actually browse for the proper settings. If you can, browse to each tab or setting page and take a screenshot. Upload them and post the link for each screenshot here so that I can see every page.
That takes a lot of time, i'll leave that as my last resort. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieren
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you actually loose sync / disconnect when the IP address changes? The IP shouldn't change unless your modem looses sync from your telephone exchange or actually disconnects (or of course if you disconnect it yourself).

I noticed from your posted image that your router doesn't appear to have sync with the exchange (0/0 Downstream/Upstream etc) (See DSL status: Down).
I don't disconnect, but i start seeing the players run into walls (everyone is going into straight direction) for 2 seconds, then everything going back to normal, this happens often while i'm playing, i'm thinking it's because my ip keeps changing.

How do I solve the problem if my router does indeed not have sync. Please note that I don't use wireless, i'm connected directly to the internet through the router.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't disconnect, but i start seeing the players run into walls (everyone is going into straight direction) for 2 seconds, then everything going back to normal, this happens often while i'm playing, i'm thinking it's because my ip keeps changing.

How do I solve the problem if my router does indeed not have sync. Please note that I don't use wireless, i'm connected directly to the internet through the router.
At the moment it sounds like theres a problem with your router, do you have a spare router you could try? To answer your question, if your IP has indeed changed, your router has lost connection somewhere.

Where are you from by the way?

Also, if you look at the picture you posted, look at the DSL section of the "Connection Information". Does the Downstream / Upstream (Kbps) ever change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieren
Посмотреть сообщение
At the moment it sounds like theres a problem with your router, do you have a spare router you could try? To answer your question, if your IP has indeed changed, your router has lost connection somewhere.

Where are you from by the way?

Also, if you look at the picture you posted, look at the DSL section of the "Connection Information". Does the Downstream / Upstream (Kbps) ever change?
Could it be a problem with the wire connecting to the router? because I have a long wire that goes from a room to another room through a false ceiling.

I am from Jordan.

I just looked at it and no it never changes.