Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUA
View Post
I disagree coz leaked code helped me to figure out some client-side performance issues and fix some bugs but the problem is you don't listen to community so peaple have no chance to improve samp but hurt it. I've tried to report you issues I found (some of them improve client performance dramatically without huge changes in codebase) but no feedback from you. It's not only about me, I know few people with the same intention and they didn't succeed too.
I don't remember any reports from you. Also, pretty sure I checked your github and found links to so-beit.

A lot of the so-beit features are added to annoy other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
Alright. But when you want to do this, why not doing the 0.3.9 from 0.3.DL? There would be more benefits in that, both for players and servers, in my opinion.
DL isn't finished. I have no contact with DL servers. I don't see much interest in DL development. Voluntary adoption of DL has been low. There might be more players on 0.3e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I don't remember any reports from you. Also, pretty sure I checked your github and found links to so-beit.

DL isn't finished. I have no contact with DL servers. I don't see much interest in DL development. Voluntary adoption of DL has been low. There might be more players on 0.3e.
Make 0.3.9 the main version. Add new skin models, security update, new TextDraws.

Quote:
View Post
What precisely isn't finished? You mean the custom vehicles and weapons? In my opinion, what DL offers now is sufficient.

I personally have interest in DL development, I started a 0.3.DL server, which has current daily peak of 40-50 online players. If 0.3.9 with DL features was released, I wouldn't hesitate to move all my servers to 0.3.9 - currently we have daily peak of 500-600 online players on 0.3.7 servers.

Some DL features on our 0.3.DL server:

Controllable yacht from Vice City:

There are over 50 features on my 0.3.DL server using DL models. The great thing is we can restore a lot of things from GTA: SA Beta Version:

And there could be more cool features to be scripted, for example I would certainly try to script a tennis minigame.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=659441

Hope you fix this too in the next update I hate this issue so much and I don't wanna use plugin because of this

If cheaters and hackers are your main concern, what about making some kind of cloud based cheat detector tool, something similar to what aru made in 2007 with SAC, and open source that?

Hello Kalcor,

Yes, please push a security update for SA-MP & take your time. I have been playing a server since 2010 & the Server Owner has quit SA-MP entirely without notice & no longer updates his ancient anticheat system or allows anyone to update it (he's a SA-MP beta tester and you once mentioned his server in an old interview).

Thank you and SA-MP team for this mod! <3

Quote:
View Post
What precisely isn't finished? You mean the custom vehicles and weapons? I guess what DL offers now is sufficient, at least for me.
Adding downloads from the server is a big change. We're feeding those downloads to a game which I don't have source for. There are a bunch of security considerations. I wrote several thousand lines of code for security checks, but it needs more validation. Players really have to want this feature for it to be worth adding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
View Post
If cheaters and hackers are your main concern, what about making some kind of auto updating cheat detector, something similar to what aru made in 2007 with SAC, and open source that?
I don't like auto-updating software because it takes some of the choice away from the end user. And SAC was a failure anyway, the player count was stuck at 4000 until I removed it.

Also, I forgot to mention that running an AC service means that's another thing SA-MP is responsible for updating. And if the site goes down, it could break servers.

Quote:
View Post

It was in a topic which is removed now about russian android samp, you appeared here after a long time of silence so I wrote here a few statements about my resamp project and as example the most easiest to fix but the most unoptimized things I found. You might miss them and I dont judge you but some other people (SAMP Addon owner) reported you their findings and still no response or fixes of them.

What about so-beit, I was involved in updating it from 037 to 03DL and one of the reasons I did it to motivate you to update 03DL and fix it (03dl is really broken and I think this is a reason it's not a main release and not merged with 037).

0.3.9 won't solve anything because a lot of people can RE samp today and new easier ways of discovering offsets/addresses/packet ids were found so it would take few weeks to update most of the annoying cheats to the newest version. Even more, it's not even necessary to update them, people could just add missing code to old 0.3.7 and make it compatible with 0.3.9.

If you are still interested in reporting issues, I could do that via email (your PM is closed).

If you're going to call it day, it would be nice to at least go out with some kind of bang. Stick a server online for a weekend, post it on the forum and get everyone to join and let's have one last "public beta" like the good ol' days.

Quote:
View Post
Adding downloads from the server is a big change. We're feeding those downloads to a game which I don't have source for. There are a bunch of security considerations. I wrote several thousand lines of code for security checks, but it needs more validation. Players really have to want this feature for it to be worth adding.
Speaking for my community, majority of the players want the DL feature. In last two years, only one player experienced issue with model downloads (it couldn't probably locate SAMP folder for some reason), but I provided him the files manually and everything was alright.

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, but you need to have some sympathy for servers that don't have anti-cheat. They'd benefit for a few months after a 0.3.9 switch.
That is pointless to invest time into, in my opinion. From the community came many good server-sided anticheats, and these things provide good protection forever, while a new version will provide it only for a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
That is pointless to invest time into, in my opinion. From the community came many good server-sided anticheats, and these things provide good protection forever, while a new version will provide it only for a week.
There are no good anti-cheats on the server side. All anti-cheats are easily bypassed by cheaters and unfortunately this cannot be fixed without updates SA-MP.

Well, SA-MP is a free mod. Yeah, you can pay to have a special spot on the server list, but you don't really need that.

I don't understand how anyone could attack a free mod. It was already hard enough to stitch the whole thing together without source code for the game.

I didn't sign up to fend off hackers and cheaters. Why would I want to do that?

The only people wanting to dedicate themselves to anti-cheat, usually turn out to be hackers and cheaters themselves. The rest of us just want them to go away.

Quote:
View Post
Speaking for my community, majority of the players want the DL feature. In last two years, only one player experienced issue with model downloads (it couldn't probably locate SAMP folder for some reason), but I provided him the files manually and everything was alright.
Didn't you say most of your players are in 0.3.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
There are no good anti-cheats on the server side. All anti-cheats are easily bypassed by cheaters and unfortunately this cannot be fixed without updates SA-MP.
That's not true. There are plently servers that have good anti-cheat systems in place to detect a lot of cheats and hacks. Most of these servers have Admins that keep an eye on the server and take care of reports made by the players. That's the most effective anti-cheat you can have right now.

Hi kye, I am the developer of the largest project in SA-MP, which serves more than 10,000 concurrent users daily.
The historical one has developed so that the most powerful and friendly community is the Russian-speaking community in all aspects, including development, promotion, and so on.
More than 80% of the players are Russian-speaking people.

And I will take the responsibility to convey to you the thought that we didn’t give a damn when you said
that I decided to leave the building because, as I said above, for the period until you showed activity in terms of developing new versions, we were able to achieve tremendous success with external tools,
reverse and other injections.

In particular, our community has developed such things as voice chat, a client chromium browser, its own handlers of machine characteristics, broke limits on transports,
skins, own synchronization of some elements and much more. This is only 10% of what we have implemented. This is all without taking into account that sometimes we had to correct your mistakes in the network structure,
in native functions / events. And also, the biggest achievement of our community, I think, is the development of a mobile client (which now functions without errors).

But after seeing your message in the morning that you are ready to update the signatures - I and the rest of our community that supports communication within the framework of one dialogue on VKontakte (an analogue of ********) were pleasantly surprised and received an additional portion of hope.

We really want you to resume active work on multiplayer. If the question is motivation or lack of desire to work, we are ready to pay any amount and provide reports of any kind 24/7.

For the entire period while there were no updates, we have formed a large list which, in our opinion, is necessary. I hope that you will write to me in private messages on the forum and we will be able to discuss in more detail.

sorry for my English

Quote:
View Post
Yes, because it is official version with the download link at sa-mp.com. Albeit most of our current players want the DL feature and would be able to update to 0.3.DL, new players couldn't probably find our servers.

There are no ways to create absolute anti-cheat for SA-MP. Don't flood about it every message.

NarutoUA said about fixes, which players really need.

All of russian developers really are interested in rework of 0.3dl and merge it with 0.3.7.
We have really strong community of developers in Russia. And we cannot just play on it, because there are so many bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
That's not true. There are plently servers that have good anti-cheat systems in place to detect a lot of cheats and hacks. Most of these servers have Admins that keep an eye on the server and take care of reports made by the players. That's the most effective anti-cheat you can have right now.
Using living people as protection against cheaters is stupid. They also probably want to play and enjoy it, but instead you force living people to do the work that anti-cheat should do.

I know only one anti-cheat, but it is not able to protect against most cheats.

Quote:
View Post
Speaking for myself and many other server owners; yes, we are definitely interested in using the features of DL, but not all of us can afford to risk the transfer, to a version, which for two years has been in development, is considered a testing/beta version, isn't even to be found on the main website, and has a separate server list. I understand it's hard to collect feedback with this condition, but that had been true for any development version.

niCe can afford to host servers both for 0.3.7 and for 0.3.DL. Many others have done that as well, and RP servers with tight and stable communities have been able to move to DL, but most of us can't.

Quote:
View Post
I don't understand how anyone could attack a free mod. It was already hard enough to stitch the whole thing together without source code for the game.

I didn't sign up to fend off hackers and cheaters. Why would I want to do that?
That has never been your responsibility. As I have said, developing a perfect anticheat if you're the only one to do it is a hard task, and many other servers have come with a better solution anyway. I think it's for the better this way. I'd say there is no need to devote your time to a battle that can never be won by a single person, and instead it would be better to fix the common vulnerabilities, provide better API and features that would help these creative and compenent people to write their own anticheat software that suits their needs.

Reading all the comments here, i see how little we need to be interested and happy.