Video: SA:MP 0.3z RC1: Lag shot has been removed

I'm glad finally samp will become a more fair game for everyone. As always should have been from the beginning. I never particularly liked that thing hit the lag. Very unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
This is the way every online FPS works, and unlike your fears, not "every noob is good" there.
Also, I wouldnt call "hitting the keys, making crazy movements to be unhittable "skill". Unlagged shooting is much more about skill than trying to predict someones movements, as this is more and more luck with higher pings, and making deathmatches pointless due to unfair pings.
The sync is probably the best update ever for samp by means of fairness and gameplay improvement.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
View Post
It was a feature a lot of players liked. A lot of players disliked it as well though, no point in denying either of the two. But since 0.3d, servers could choose between enabling or disabling lagshooting, through the newly added TakeDamage & GiveDamage callbacks. Server owners could choose between both & both sides of the argument get their share.

With this update, there's no choice anymore. The players who like lagshooting are told to fuck off (quite literally in some posts!). Yes, no lagshooting anymore might gain us a lot of players. But lagshooting also got us a lot of players, players who have been loyal to SAMP since a lot of years. Anyone with basic economic knowledge knows that an old, returning client is much more valuable than a bunch of one-time joiners. Keep your customers happy & they'll return!

I wouldn't see a problem in disabling lagshooting by default, but as pointed out it should still be a choice.
Yeah, I won't deny the fact that many people liked the broken aiming mechanics, but many, MANY more people like the fixed, properly working aiming system (which is what you would EXPECT from a multiplayer game).

Those who don't like 0.3z are not being FORCED to update. If you like the aiming in 0.3x, you can keep a 0.3x server and client and play with your broken aim. That's like saying a company that releases a new product are telling their customers to "fuck off" because they are using an older product. Is Microsoft telling Windows 8 users to "fuck off" by releasing Windows 8.1?

One thing I can tell you with 100% certainty: lagshooting causes a MUCH greater loss in players than it retains. A new player gets frustrated by not being able to kill others because of a broken aim system, whereas people that learned to exploit the system have a much higher skill level. The learning curve is immense. I can promise you this causes many, many new players to ragequit SA:MP, never to return again because they think the game is broken.

When you play a multiplayer game, you expect to have proper syncing and lag compensation. If so much as a bullet doesn't register in a CS:S/CS:GO game, people rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
View Post
When you play a multiplayer game, you expect to have proper syncing and lag compensation. If so much as a bullet doesn't register in a CS:S/CS:GO game, people rage.
4char.

The video doesn't really show a great deal, but it is nice to know that it works.

I like realism, and when it comes to shooting from a rustler to another plane, lag shooting seemed realistic, but then again, i hate it when some people just start using akimbo sawn offs and starts dancing around you, it really doesn't look like a real life shooting. Thanks Kalcor for the update and other developers who are working on this.