Where has (unique) roleplay gone?

There are /MANY/ servers not worth of the name 'roleplay' many servers call themselves medium or light roleplay servers, while they're nothing like it.

Luckily there are still people trying to create and run an actual roleplay server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornHuman
View Post
I agree with both this and your earlier reply. The issue that most servers have is that community aspect. There are a lot of roleplay servers out there that could be considered one that could go to the top but without players, nobody will want to play.

Nobody wants to make that effort to stick with a community purely because of the script aspect as you stated. The problem is, if no servers are being generated: what happens when nobody wants to play the bigger servers anymore?
People will go where the other people are, but when people get bored of the bigger servers they typically make their own. Most of them never succeed, it's the ones with a more aggressive takeover that manage to convince players to move over, if not all of the players, a decent amount of them to start a new community. Example: SARP > NGRP > HZRP > LRP (sucks though) etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
People will go where the other people are, but when people get bored of the bigger servers they typically make their own. Most of them never succeed, it's the ones with a more aggressive takeover that manage to convince players to move over, if not all of the players, a decent amount of them to start a new community. Example: SARP > NGRP > HZRP > LRP (sucks though) etc etc.
I've had a dream of creating my own big successful server, which is why I was editing your script however I realized that with this nobody would join. Basically wasting my money.

I don't really know what else to do anymore with SA:MP roleplay wise. I freakin' hate NGRP and LSRP is only fun with friends which none of mine want to play heavy roleplay.

Still, I agree that people only want to go somewhere with people and without people on your server it's basically not going to gain any attention.

I guess, if I have a point to this it would be: Will any other server ever break that otherwise unbreakable roleplay boundary and climb up? Or is this it for every big roleplay server we'll see?

Unique doesn't only mean it's only script wise But it's roleplays back story too. Wanted to point it out when SickAttack mentioned edited gamemode.

But even so I'm against edited gamemodes myself sometimes the atmosphere and the backstory of the roleplay server itself can make it unique but you have to support it with the script itself. E.G. certain mechanics.

On a phone so can't quote.

Good question, still looking for a stable and strict roleplay community but there's none expect LS-RP and a few others.

In my personal opinion SA:MP Roleplay overall isn't really "dying" rather being "reborn". NG-RP and LS-RP both undoubtedly used the godfather script however putting that aside, SA:MP Roleplay is being reborn. How many servers are being created and formed, all supposedly claiming to be unique and have better features than the opposition but yet all fail due to lack of players and lack of interest from the players who arrive. NG-RP, personally, is one of the causes of this lack of interest for the "original" Roleplay gamemode. NG-RP promotes DM, its players roleplay but it eventually ends with a huge shootout and so on and so forth and all those new players that arrive will join it, get a rough idea of what Roleplay is like and then leave having that same idea in their head about Roleplay, in a way I suppose it does put newbies of the "original" Roleplay gamemode's objective.

Roleplay iteself, as I stated in my last point isn't dying. New communities are arriving and those who had a stable, "not too big and not too small" playerbase are growing and with that comes new terms for the Roleplay gamemode. I've seen it for myself and i'm pretty sure most of you have too. Many communities now promote different ideas for Roleplay, they all have a similar viewpoint, "act as you would in reality" but each of them is modifying the rules as to what players on their server can do, for example, plant a bomb on the vault of the bank and then steal and start a shootout, being able to do a drive-by etc.

Concluding the whole point, unless communities start to promote more realistic rules and less of this whole shootout and various other Non-Roleplay related scenarios, Roleplay will soon be replaced by a much more modern view of Roleplay, it is most definitely a pity to see the original Roleplay gamemode to be replaced but their isn't much a single community can do, regardless of how many players it consists of.

NG:RP once was a very good RP server.Its best times were till 2012, after 2012 it started to turn into a crap. The staff started to invent awful things and new ways to earn some bucks. Basically, the owner of NG:RP, Devin, started to be money hungry. They made so called 'credits' with which you could buy buncha in-game thingies, which turned into a pay 2 win RP server. The economy of the server is actually fucked up too. Everyone now is rich and has anything, this makes new players to not survive. So, these people have nothing to do rather than DMing. Even when you shoot at FBI, they DM you back rather than reporting you. The offical factions are really dysfunctional, which gives a headache. I would say that NG:RP was a home to noobie roleplayers with bad English skills, where NGRP was a training area for them, and now they've decided to join the heart of RP in Sa:MP - Los Santos Roleplay. LSRP is the truth from now on, no server will be successful as it. LSRP earns a lot from its donations, which no way really influences the RP quality, that will run for a very long term.

Naw, unique roleplay isn't gone. (sig.)

You can't answer the inevitable. You can only prolong it. The human race is inevitable to die out. Just like RP and SAMP will. Just like gaming will. Just like oil will. Just like shale gas will. I can already see the shortage in English servers with a population. NGG is dying, SARP is dying, PLA is dying, LSRP is going to die soon, RCRP is dying, anyone popular is now dying. Why? Because we're nearing the inevitable.

Why do you think companies make games annually? To keep you interested. SA-MP fails in this aspect. You can only do so much with a script, and a mod. DayZ died out for a while, because people were uninterested. Then standalone came out, which has been strong 2 million since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
View Post
You can't answer the inevitable. You can only prolong it. The human race is inevitable to die out. Just like RP and SAMP will. Just like gaming will. Just like oil will. Just like shale gas will. I can already see the shortage in English servers with a population. NGG is dying, SARP is dying, PLA is dying, LSRP is going to die soon, RCRP is dying, anyone popular is now dying. Why? Because we're nearing the inevitable.

Why do you think companies make games annually? To keep you interested. SA-MP fails in this aspect. You can only do so much with a script, and a mod. DayZ died out for a while, because people were uninterested. Then standalone came out, which has been strong 2 million since.
Why do you live if you know that you will die?