Discussion about tools.

I don't use any tools at all for PAWN/sa-mp servers. The only program i use is "Programmers Notepad" for website design.

So you just hand-code the raw AMX file on to your hard drive with a magnet? Or does a magnet count as a tool too?

What's with all the hate on tools lol? They're supposed to make your life easier. I for example very much like the 'SAMP Script King X', or whatever that was called again.

I've never used Missing Bracket Finder.
Never try it yet.

Let me explain.
Why i would use it? If i know the line where is bracket is needed.
No no i mean. What is the big problem?. The compiler will give you the line number where the error is coming from. The problem is. Now most of newbie scripters don't know how to fix their own warnings and errors. They always depend to scripter who has knowledge (like us). The tools may help your time save. However the effects of the tool is bad. Making lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
So you just hand-code the raw AMX file on to your hard drive with a magnet? Or does a magnet count as a tool too?
Would be omg if someone do that, and at the same time a waste of time.

As ever, XKCD is relevant:

http://xkcd.com/378/

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Matt
Посмотреть сообщение
@[GF]Sasino97: Same thing I do every time when I going to script something. And I hate tools like phpDesigner that automatically put brackets xD
Me too... I hate those coding editors that put brackets automatically, for example MSVisual Studio or eclipse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't use any tools at all for PAWN/sa-mp servers. The only program i use is "Programmers Notepad" for website design.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
LOL epic reply

People bitching about auto-brackets, you know you can turn that feature off right ...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
*sigh* Just .. no Y_Less , no.. I hadn't expected such a msg !

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, magnet counts as tool too.

I prefer to mine the metal by hand, construct the parts by hand, and build the hard drive with the AMX data already on it. Or is that too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
I prefer to mine the metal by hand, construct the parts by hand, and build the hard drive with the AMX data already on it. Or is that too far?
No, but I find it a bit tricky to fix bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
That's how real programmer should do his job.